• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PC Version?

has it beenconfirmed ther making one? is it before the worldcup or after do you think?

Having a publisher breathe down your neck from the very beginnings of making a game is not generally an attractive proposition on behalf of the developers.
They could ask EA, but then EA would have a large amount of control over proceedings, and I assume that is not necessarily what HB want.

It's literally everywhere in the Rugby 2012 threads, EA ARE NOT ASSOCIATED WITH THE GAME AT THIS TIME IN ANY CAPACITY.

I'm not one to call people dumb-asses, but talk about people who know nothing spouting mindless opinions based on zero fact!

It's literally everywhere in the Rugby 2012 threads, EA ARE NOT ASSOCIATED WITH THE GAME AT THIS TIME IN ANY CAPACITY.

I'm not one to call people dumb-asses, but talk about people who know nothing spouting mindless opinions based on zero fact!
Woah, I used EA as an example of a publisher based on their past history of being involved with sports games. You can easily put in any publisher you'd like (Konami, Activision, Ubisoft), and the point I was trying to make would still stand.
I was just trying to say that a publisher tends to change how things are developed, not always for the best.

I'm constantly dealing with people all over the 2012 threads who are not aware of the obvious fact that HB are not working in conjunction with EA in any way and your post made it seem very much like EA were involved.

I'm not calling you a dumb-ass exactly, but pretty soon anyone who thinks EA are involved and because of that there will be a substantially large licensing budget will be classifiable as fairly stupid or lazy.

Whoa! As it stands, I'm sorry Iverson, but I tend to agree with StevoIRL...
<O:p</O:p

What you don't seem to realise Iverson, is that HB Studios actually made TRILLIONS of dollars in the making of Rugby 06 however instead of investing the fountain of money HB had at their disposal in a better game, they copied ALL the files from Rugby 06 and put it in a new game called Rugby 08. Then they just chucked on a different label and rereleased the game...It was a cunning marketing effort to upset it's customers.

<O:p</O:pPersonally I think StevoIRL is on the right track with throwing accusations at HB for their work on the game. Nothing says 'please release a great new game to the rugby loving community' than a 'Make sure it aint as crap as your past efforts'. If StevoIRL can be hired out as a motivational speaker, please get in touch with me.

Whoa! As it stands, I'm sorry Iverson, but I tend to agree with StevoIRL...
<o>:p</o>:p

What you don't seem to realise Iverson, is that HB Studios actually made TRILLIONS of dollars in the making of Rugby 06 however instead of investing the fountain of money HB had at their disposal in a better game, they copied ALL the files from Rugby 06 and put it in a new game called Rugby 08. Then they just chucked on a different label and rereleased the game...It was a cunning marketing effort to upset it's customers.

<o>:p</o>:pPersonally I think StevoIRL is on the right track with throwing accusations at HB for their work on the game. Nothing says 'please release a great new game to the rugby loving community' than a 'Make sure it aint as crap as your past efforts'. If StevoIRL can be hired out as a motivational speaker, please get in touch with me.

Your right, your right. As soon as I calm down and look at it clearly I can plainly see that the Rugby franchise has been a money-making bonanza and HB are just out to break international video-game profitability records with this next ***le so they can financially screw us over and all book flights to the moon and buy palaces etc, etc.

lol thought this was about the pc version. ok... well at least this time they cant just copy the old version so

Haha it doesn't surprise me EA are not involved, I mean they have a couple decent games going and an awesome game in Madden, why would they wanna risk their reputation publishing trash like rugby 08 any more?

I don't know about you guys, but I was ecstatic for about 2 seconds when I saw a "rugby 2012 confirmed" headline and that was it, coz then I saw it's HB studio again, and then I found out no PC version either. Sorry I'm not gonna spend hundreds bucks on consoles just to play a game by HB studio, they have a long history of releasing crap bugged, unrealistic, fancy-schmancy-feature-focused rugby games with ZERO gameplay, and they're asking money for them too which is an insult to gamers.
So dear HB Studios I'm sorry but it's gonna take a PC version that I can pirate off the Internet to check if you've learned anything about game development and if your products are worth spending money on, coz I'm not a sucker and I'm not getting ripped off again. I used to buy those games thinking maybe that last one was just a fluke but enough is enough god damnit.

Probably they'll launch the consoles version first to gross some money and then they'll port it to PC a few months later.... The marketing guys are not stupid. Even though PC is selling less than the consoles it is still a market to exploit.

Have some DRM like "You can't play unless you are connected to the internet and shackled to a bomb."

So dear HB Studios I'm sorry but it's gonna take a PC version that I can pirate off the Internet to check if you've learned anything about game development and if your products are worth spending money on, coz I'm not a sucker and I'm not getting ripped off again. I used to buy those games thinking maybe that last one was just a fluke but enough is enough god damnit.

That sort of attitude is exactly the reason why they aren't releasing a PC version of the game.

Aren't you at least thankful that someone is ACTUALLY making a Rugby Game? That they are trying to improve on what they created? Sure Rugby 08 had lots of bugs but it given me hundreds of hours of enjoyment.

If your passionate about Rugby and video games then we need to support HB Studios. So instead of having the negative attitude about pirating their games and getting all 'holier than thou art' - turn it around by suggesting what you did like about their games and what you really want to see in Rugby 2012.

now that another studio announced their ***le on PC, i guess it's fair to say HB will be pressured to release the game on PC too.

Latest posts