• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Penalties

If you don't use the penalty buttons, (ie hands in ruck, ball-killing, high tackle, collapsing)

• Heck yeah

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not at all

• Depends

• Total voters
M

MCab

Penalties. Are they worth doing, are they even mandatory for winning a match? Or, are they just a waste, allowing your opponent to get the best of you? You decide.

S

stormmaster1

collapsing is pointless, and you can get turnovers without hands in ruck. high tackle is fun, and can be useful but is far from essential.

E

EVOL

i only use high tackle if the opposition is about to cross my tryline to jolt the ball out of their hands

B

Bubu

if my opponent use the high tackle, i do the same.

collapsing always result on a penalty, hand on the ruck often, high tackle no. but yellow card... :)

A

All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan

I only use hands in the ruck when the opposistion is about to score and i usually only concede 3 points, as for high tackles i use them when i get high tackled or if they have advantage for things like knock on, offside that sort of thing or my personal fav doing it too star players :lol:

B

Black-Monday

I unfortunately can't use the penalties, i can use the high tackle but otherwise i am snookered. There is no button 10 on my game pad.

Although i find the high tackle to be useful, even if i am blown up for it. Feels fun to nail Gavin 'flatmeat' hair Henson and that runabout Shane williams.

BM

S

sambãd5

Originally posted by EVOL@Mar 30 2006, 02:02 AM
i only use high tackle if the opposition is about to cross my tryline to jolt the ball out of their hands
same here. i only use high tackles when there right on my line, and sometimes, not even sometimes, rarely i use it to smash the winger if hes about to make a break. - heh, its awesome when the wingers right on the sideline, and high tackle them, and the animation takes them out, whereas a normal tackle wouldnt. no penatlys for it either, because them going out into touch happens before the high tackle is finnished...

B

BigTen

I only use high-tackle if I am deliberately targeting a player - normally a big-kicking number 10. If I think that I am going to concede a try then I sometimes do it but otherwise I just back my defence.

I normally commit my penalties in the other team's half to try and get away with stuff without it costing me three points.

One thing I like about the game is the penalties. The AI do commit a reasonable amount especially when you make a few line breaks and they start getting offsides. EA actually got this pretty much bang on. I don't like admitting that but I do try and be fair.

Primary

The Rugby Forum Assistant
Here are some related products that The Rugby Forum members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to The Rugby Forum’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to The Rugby Forum discussions about these products.