• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Penalties

If you don't use the penalty buttons, (ie hands in ruck, ball-killing, high tackle, collapsing)

• Heck yeah

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not at all

• Depends

• Total voters
M

MCab

Penalties. Are they worth doing, are they even mandatory for winning a match? Or, are they just a waste, allowing your opponent to get the best of you? You decide.

collapsing is pointless, and you can get turnovers without hands in ruck. high tackle is fun, and can be useful but is far from essential.

i only use high tackle if the opposition is about to cross my tryline to jolt the ball out of their hands

if my opponent use the high tackle, i do the same.

collapsing always result on a penalty, hand on the ruck often, high tackle no. but yellow card... :)

I only use hands in the ruck when the opposistion is about to score and i usually only concede 3 points, as for high tackles i use them when i get high tackled or if they have advantage for things like knock on, offside that sort of thing or my personal fav doing it too star players :lol:

I unfortunately can't use the penalties, i can use the high tackle but otherwise i am snookered. There is no button 10 on my game pad.

Although i find the high tackle to be useful, even if i am blown up for it. Feels fun to nail Gavin 'flatmeat' hair Henson and that runabout Shane williams.

BM

Originally posted by EVOL@Mar 30 2006, 02:02 AM
i only use high tackle if the opposition is about to cross my tryline to jolt the ball out of their hands
same here. i only use high tackles when there right on my line, and sometimes, not even sometimes, rarely i use it to smash the winger if hes about to make a break. - heh, its awesome when the wingers right on the sideline, and high tackle them, and the animation takes them out, whereas a normal tackle wouldnt. no penatlys for it either, because them going out into touch happens before the high tackle is finnished...

I only use high-tackle if I am deliberately targeting a player - normally a big-kicking number 10. If I think that I am going to concede a try then I sometimes do it but otherwise I just back my defence.

I normally commit my penalties in the other team's half to try and get away with stuff without it costing me three points.

One thing I like about the game is the penalties. The AI do commit a reasonable amount especially when you make a few line breaks and they start getting offsides. EA actually got this pretty much bang on. I don't like admitting that but I do try and be fair.