• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PES6 (PS2)

ive had it for a day already, its alot better then pes 5 i feel, much more realism, and size really does play a factor, a big guy like crouch can use his size to good effect, by out muscling smaller players.

o0o it was actually out wednesday dan, well in wales it was, some guy broke the date, so it was moved forward ala fm 2007

Often happens. Gamestation are renouned for selling games before the release date.

I'm a little ****** off. I have the game. It's sitting right next to me a work, so yes, i haven't played it yet. I'm sure it's brilliant, but i have a gripe.

I like playing on-line - I like the fact that with Fifa you can talk to whom you're playing with both before the game and more importantly during the game. I want to tell my mate he's a loser as i scream in another 25 yrd shot.

What do we get with pro Evo - shitty little texts that you can send, which are pre done prior to the game.

******** - I'm sure this has something to do with servers etc, and the fact Fifa can afford to have better servers that allow voice chat during games, but i felt a little pee'd off!

Anyway - can someone do a proper review to help life the gloom for me?

At vastly overinflated prices. They're no better than GAME. [/b]

As an ex-employee of Game (well, EB, but they were the same company) I take great pleasure of slating the shitbags and disagree with that - Gamestation are normally £3 or so cheaper and are much fairer when it comes to trade in prices.

Is anybody else finding this version a little hard to 'get into'??

Sometimes in does take a little bit to learn to adjust to the 'tweaks' made to gameplay from one version to another, but at the moment my game's resemble a game of pinball more than a game of football.

Even the best of players have trouble controlling a ball - it tends to just bounce off them. The game feels far too weighted in the defense's favour. Defenders easily run down any attacking player, and the sliding tackle is WAY too easy to pull off now. Not to mention the ball seems to be full of lead, and is hard to get off the ground and pass effectively. Shooting appears to be more of a lottery regardless of your positioning -more often then not going over the bar. Heading for goal has been made easier as if to compensate for this.

Some animations appear to have gone backwards as well with players seemingly 'skating' around at high speed (think SIDHE's RL2). Also not too fond of the R1 speed being decreased so that to really accelerate you have to tap it in order to push the ball further ahead of your run.

Another annoyance is that the computer seems to 'cheat' more blatantly.
This most noticeably occurs when players run through your tackles with no effect, and when you perfectly intercept the ball only to have it 'pass through you' to the attended receiver(as if pre-programmed).

Maybe in time I will adjust to the changes and say this is the best PES ever, however at present this game for me is a bit of a chore.

Have been having a good look through the PES community boards and it would be fair to say that PES6 is the most hated version since PES2.

Perhaps up to 75% of the community are not happy.

The basic problem stems from the fact that Konomi have decided that by having the computer cheating all the time, and reducing the effectiveness of the users shooting (toss a coin), passing (very sl.....o....w), defending and poor keeper AI makes for a good game - they were wrong. Not to mention the very poor xbox 360 version.

Just to confirm I am a LONG time PES supporter from back on the playstation one days, and that I don't have a problem winning on PES6 - I just don't find winning/playing PES6 FUN, surely the main aim of any game.

I thought this example of computer cheating kinda sums it up for me.............http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3roWjjO0eM

i've created some 20-25 new teams for pes 5 (like classic clubs), and i really like long shots from pes5 so i think i'm not going to buy the 6 ... i've done 2 matches on the 6 and i think 60 euro for only little changes is not worth spending that money.