• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Petition to stop Big Ewis from starting threads on TRF

Should Big Eiws be banned from starting threads?

• Yes

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey this forum's been a fkng corpse thse past few days. I think I may've really killed it off completely with my shiitty threads ! :lol: that weirdo heinken was right, awww how could we have been SO BLIND ??!!!!!! I blame myslef I do, I blaaame...myself...

I haven't been around much due to real life stuff that's going on (sick dad, added responsibilities at work, friends visiting, sick friends, family visiting, etc...just been really busy). I have been watching the games, just not in real time so I haven't felt as if I could add anything meaningful to the discussion.

Here, however...'meaningful' doesn't matter. ;) Sometimes a forum community just needs a thread or two to play around in. Can't always be dead serious about the game we love - all work, no play, etc, etc - sometimes we need to let our hair down a little. Or in your case, Ewis, a LOT. ;)

das

If you don't want to read a members posts, block them. Saves you and everybody else.

You know, I sometimes wonder why do I even bother. When this is the "automated response" I seem to get from the mods! How will this solve anything? In the end, members will have a long list of ignored people, and threads will not flow as every second or third post will be hidden.

The Russia vs. Uruguay thread, for the first leg in the battle for the final spot at the 2015 RWC. 9 posts, 479 views with 16 members viewing, thread was started by me on September 1st, 4:00 p.m. my time.

This thread, 33 posts, 523 views, with 35 members viewing, thread was started by Heineken on September 26th, 5:50 a.m. my time.

We really need to get back to the rugby here on TRF(myself included as I have posted multiple times here).

That was the purpose of the thread, and I only started it based on Nick's proposal, where he has brought up the idea on 2 seperate threads.

This is first and foremost a rugby forum. I appreciate the other non-rugby related threads as much as the next guy. But It is my opinion that as you have stated, the guys need to get back to the rugby. I sometimes open TRF and then there's 4 or 5 pages of unread threads. When I open a few of them, and click on view new posts some of the pages are gone, and therefore I missed some threads, due to the congestion of cluttered threads made by certain members.

If this thread is in bad taste as some might see it, then please mods, please do inform me using the correct protocol. And thankyou to those who have repped me on this, I'll keep on fighting the good fight.

That was the purpose of the thread, and I only started it based on Nick's proposal, where he has brought up the idea on 2 seperate threads.

This is first and foremost a rugby forum. I appreciate the other non-rugby related threads as much as the next guy. But It is my opinion that as you have stated, the guys need to get back to the rugby. I sometimes open TRF and then there's 4 or 5 pages of unread threads. When I open a few of them, and click on view new posts some of the pages are gone, and therefore I missed some threads, due to the congestion of cluttered threads made by certain members.

If this thread is in bad taste as some might see it, then please mods, please do inform me using the correct protocol. And thankyou to those who have repped me on this, I'll keep on fighting the good fight.

A forum is only as strong as its community, and a community is based as much on its waffling about crap as it is talking about its actual subject material. In an ideal world, there would be some way to search new posts and threads in only the forums you care about, so you could filter out the waffle and find all the rubgy stuff, I have no idea if this is actually possible.

Also, would encouraging all waffle to be posted in the current big waffle threads help with this?

not trying to be awkward here, but i don't seem to be seeing the same amount of random cr*p as others, at least not in the Rugby specific forums.

I would say a bigger issue is the constant diverting of threads to off topic subjects - i.e. how every thread becomes a discussion on how the world should copy the kiwis ;)

If you've got a problem with a member, take it up with them. If that doesn't work, take it up with staff. This isn't the way to go - the "Ignore" button might well be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts