• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Physical Preparation for Elite-Level Rugby

C

condorazul

I´m looking for a workout for Physical Preparation for Elite-Level Rugby Players for the preseason. With the description of the workout and a planification for at least 1 or 2 months. Someone can send me one?

The hardest you've ever trained in both you've ever attempted in both cardio-phys and strength, then multiplied by 20.

For example, only just after recovering from injury with a broken ankle, I watched Jon Clarke, who's never played at elite level yet, sprint the perimeter of a pitch 3 times for warm up.

You need to be at least that fit.

I suppose so but someone has a workout well explained prepared day by day?

We havn't got any pros or fitness instructors on the board unfortunately, however your best bet will be to speak to the instructor at your local gym. They will be able to guide you in a much more effective mannor then anyone on the net can.

Failing that, searching for the standars you need in top level Football fitness would be enough for the cardio, while you'd need to increase physical strength substantially on your own.

As for the mental fitness that you'd need for top flight rugby, you're either born with that or you're not.

Thank you for your answer, i´ll try to find it in the net and then if i can post it here, i know several rugby federations or teams prepare a physical training for preseason that contry players use and that´s what i´m looking for. Here in Spain the Nz coach that trained the Spanish National Team prepared one that was very complete and i had it but i´ve lost it. It explained week by week 6 days training what u have to do to get the best in the workout.
It has a very well explained workout in weight and running and that´s what in looking for, if someone has one from their teams or from wherever please post it here

this site isnt bad

Rugby Workouts

a few on there and they do other sport workouts and stuff not on an elite level but this will
help your physical preperation

:D so goodluck :p

Get down the pub and start practicing your drinking. When the season starts, if you win you'll need to celebrate and if you lose, you'll need to drown your sorrows.

Thank you for your answer, i´ll try to find it in the net and then if i can post it here, i know several rugby federations or teams prepare a physical training for preseason that contry players use and that´s what i´m looking for. Here in Spain the Nz coach that trained the Spanish National Team prepared one that was very complete and i had it but i´ve lost it. It explained week by week 6 days training what u have to do to get the best in the workout.
It has a very well explained workout in weight and running and that´s what in looking for, if someone has one from their teams or from wherever please post it here [/b]

If you originally got the information from him or the Spanish National Team organisation, you could try emailing him/them - I'm sure they will have a website somewhere.

Howsit mate, I have one on PDF format from Indonesian Rugby.. it isn't such a high level, but it kinda works.. so, message me ur email and i'll forward it to u..

Latest posts