• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Picamoles being a petulant idiot

Maverick1987

First XV
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Leicester
Just wondering how people were feeling about Louis Picamoles applauding and giving the ref the thumbs up for yellow carding him last week ?

I think Rolland should have called him back and sent him off tbh and I'd like to see the IRB ban him for 3 weeks just to say that they won't put up with it otherwise in the not so distant future we will end up with referees surrounded by players like in football

French... Personally I thought it was discraceful. Refs are treated with respect by the players and that's how it should stay, even if they are making the wrong decisions. I think a sending off would have been too harsh but having some option to extend a sin binning for backchat or disrespect should be available, sort of like how a ref can make a team go back 10m.

In the lower divisions here (I actually live in France) we have white cards for technical fouls they are 10 minutes like the yellow but don't go on referral you just do your time your teammates cover for you and life goes on. They don't accumulate in the same way a yellow does, so two doesn't mean red and so on...and there is no running total as with yellows and reds - so you don't get a suspension if you get more than 2 in a 2 month period.

Yeah it's social rugby but it works, people come off rant and rage a bit and then calm down...and if they persist with whatever they did when they rejoin the game the ref can then escalate to yellow or red

RE: Picamoles, good on PSA for dropping him bu when i read it I thought it was a token gesture to pre-empt a citation, but haven't seen anything. IRB need to do something, it can't always be an internal thing, and they need to maintain the standards of Player/ref interaction.

TBF to Phillipe in the BBC interview just after the game he did look genuinely quite angry when asked about the incident.
I think the IRB should make a statement that basically agrees with the "ban".

Just wondering how people were feeling about Louis Picamoles applauding and giving the ref the thumbs up for yellow carding him last week ?

I think Rolland should have called him back and sent him off tbh and I'd like to see the IRB ban him for 3 weeks just to say that they won't put up with it otherwise in the not so distant future we will end up with referees surrounded by players like in football

PSA has stood him down from the French team to play Scotland; for his disrespect shown to Alain Rolland.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/26341392

[TEXTAREA] Coach Philippe Saint-Andre said: "Certain attitudes have no place whatsoever in our sport."

He added: "Respect is the foundation of our values. It is important to send a signal to all players who have the privilege of wearing the jersey and remind them it imposes duties and obligations."

[/TEXTAREA]

Good on you Monsieur Saint-André.

Excellent move by PSA. He may not appear to know what he's doing with the team, but immediately clamping down on this kind of behaviour should be applauded.

Latest posts