Picamoles talking himself out of his test career

FrenchFan

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Toulouse
Picamoles and Brunel have fallen out (again)
https://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/xv-d...t-toujours-aussi-froid_sto6895822/story.shtml

'Things happened in Scotland and I didn't like it and didn't like how the whole thing was managed (...) I take responsibility for what I did but I won't be a scapegoat' (Picamoles)

'He has spoken his mind. So have I (...) I have no time for a player who doesn't show he wants to be part of the national team' (Brunel)

If Picamoles doesn't make the next 6N squad (and I don't think he will) his test career is as good as over

Shame from a French point of view as he's a world class number 8. Who have France got to step up and replace him and is also in Brunel's good books?

Shame from a French point of view as he's a world class number 8. Who have France got to step up and replace him and is also in Brunel's good books?
At today's launch of the Top 14 season Brunel admitted that his options at 8 are limited to...Louis Picamoles and Marco Tauleigne.
https://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites/Brunel-une-synergie-vitale/932308
'at 8, we have only Picamoles and Tauleigne who can play at test level. That's it. And there's nothing I can do about it'

I would pick Charles Ollivon (ahead of Tauleigne) who is excellent but just back after a season with very little rugby due to injury. Also Jordan Joseph (now signed to Racing) who was Player of the Tournament at the U20 World Cup. So Brunel does have options. But he can't afford to leave Louis out with the World Cup next year.

https://www.planetrugby.com/news/france-recall-for-louis-picamoles/

Looks like it's been revived.

France squad for November

Forwards: Uini Atonio, Mathieu Babillot, Demba Bamba, Camille Chat, Paul Gabrillagues, Kélian Galletier, Cedate Gomes Sa, Guilhem Guirado, Arthur Iturria, Wenceslas Lauret, Bernard Le Roux, Yoann Maestri, Julien Marchand, Louis Picamoles, Jefferson Poirot, Dany Priso, Sébastien Vahaamahina

Backs: Mathieu Bastareaud, Anthony Belleau, Geoffrey Doumayrou, Antoine Dupont, Benjamin Fall, Gaël Fickou, Wesley Fofana, Rémi Lamerat, Camille Lopez, Maxime Médard, Morgan Parra, Damian Penaud, Baptiste Serin, Teddy Thomas

Looks like a pretty strong squad on paper. Bamba looks like a prospect. Damn I thought top 14 was more attritional than the Premiership. And all the French teams played in the Heineken Cup; how come England players are dropping like flies and not the French?

This is the same shower of tourists that failed Brunel last June.

Atonio Babillot Doumayrou Fall Galletier Leroux are Not test players IMO. Rabah Slimani has been destroying every prop in T14 and he's not selected.
I wouldn't pick Guirado who's now behind Chat et Marchand as a hooker and not much of a captain. I'd leave out Bastareaud who's a tractor. Fofana Penaud Fickou Vakatawa are faster, better.
Brunel's picked a pack of plodders. Body builders with the rugby IQ of a panzer division.

The French team picks itself from the current Clermont Toulouse and Racing teams. This is not rocket science.

Rabah Slimani has been destroying every prop in T14 and he's not selected.
Yep, Slimani's my favourite prop in the world and I'd have him in my world team (when on top form), I also like Cyrille Baille, not saying he's a world beater but what I've seen I like...

What happened to Yacouba Camara? I was impressed with him in the Six Nations. Injured?

Picamoles and Brunel have fallen out (again)
https://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/xv-d...t-toujours-aussi-froid_sto6895822/story.shtml

'Things happened in Scotland and I didn't like it and didn't like how the whole thing was managed (...) I take responsibility for what I did but I won't be a scapegoat' (Picamoles)

'He has spoken his mind. So have I (...) I have no time for a player who doesn't show he wants to be part of the national team' (Brunel)

If Picamoles doesn't make the next 6N squad (and I don't think he will) his test career is as good as over

What actually happened in Scotland anyway, did it ever come out?

Latest posts