• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pictures

C

captainamerica

Lords of the Forum, forgive me if this was mentioned or brought to your attention before (I looked but could not find): I'm having trouble uploading picture files in the file attachment. I've made sure the picture I intended to post was under the 250kb.

shed any light?

Thank you so much for ignoring this, as I have figured it out.

Just you wait until next week when I finally, after all these years, get a computer. I will chuck this typewriter into the ocean I swear to god.

We like to let you figure things out on your own. The most efficient way to learn. We shouldn't have to go to school anymore.

This has been an ongoing problem, there has been a post about it in a previous thread in here.. we are trying to fix it

With two successive picture posts, the IMG button is working fine for me. But that's obviously web-related and not of my own personal stash. Which none of you would want to see.

Yep, the IMG tag works fine, the problem is in the uploading of the files to the server, which we are trying to fix

Originally posted by captainamerica@Aug 7 2004, 08:38 AM
Thank you so much for ignoring this, as I have figured it out.

Just you wait until next week when I finally, after all these years, get a computer.  I will chuck this typewriter into the ocean I swear to god.
LMAO
<
<

Damn typewriters!
<

I had a similar problem, I was there for ages trying to get my computer to work, then I realised the monitor was switched off
<
<
<

How do I upload an image from my computer onto the forum? I don't know how to get my spot the ball photo up.

You will have to find an external host. Photobucket.com or Imageshack.us will do the job. Otherwise you can go to www.rugbyforum.tk, upload it there, and use that as the host.

Originally posted by Dom@Aug 10 2004, 07:59 AM
Yep, the IMG tag works fine, the problem is in the uploading of the files to the server, which we are trying to fix
remember where you 'uploads' directory is pointing to, it has to be the exact path not URL, and remember to upsize the file limits in admincp and enable it for different member groups and it should work.
What is the exact error that you get when trying to attach?

I know he is only trying to help but am I the only one that thinks Dave trys to show everybody up?

I dont try and show anyone up, so I apologize if it felt that way. Since this is my last post at this forum,it would be best to mention that I didn't think of my opinion as any better than anyone elses.

Anyway cya later guys, good forum keep it up.

Am I the only one who feels sad about Dave leaving?
I hope the people who ridiculed (not you specifically Wally) Dave have a good hard look at themselves.
It was great to see someone think so high of themselves because they talked to an ea representative once.
I, for one, am incredably dissapointed in these people, no one in particular, for making dave feel unwelcome. I'm pretty sure thats why he left.
I wish he would come back. I'm getting pretty bored with Ripper.
<

Only for about a week kaftka..

Yeah I'm a bit disappointed about Dave leaving, he sent me a message about it and I feel sorry for him. He was just trying to help. Maybe if he had done it in a different way people wouldn't have ripped into him as much.

Wally mate, I'm sorry you feel that way but I can assure you that Dave has saved you and the forum a lot of trouble by leaving of his own accord and we should be grateful to him for that.
You talk about a different way but sadly Dave only knows one way and it involves him being worshipped by everyone in sight for his supposed connections. Put him into a situation with intelligent members and people who question what he posts and it isn't possible for him to stay.
You may feel that Dave 'tries to help' and yes occasionally he does but only in ways that can show how important and knowledgeable he is. Had he settled for a smidgen of humility when helping others I'm sure this wouldn't have happened and frankly he only has himself to blame.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Sep 23 2004, 02:34 PM
You must admit though, kingwilko, He's good for a laugh.
Yeah but only if you know to laugh at him and not believe him...

Originally posted by kingwilko+Sep 24 2004, 02:54 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kingwilko @ Sep 24 2004, 02:54 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Sep 23 2004, 02:34 PM
You must admit though, kingwilko, He's good for a laugh.
Yeah but only if you know to laugh at him and not believe him... [/b]
Hmmm. IMO that would give even more of a reason to laugh at him. Because you will find out. And it'd give off an excellent opportunity to laugh at yourself as well.

Latest posts