• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pierre Spies

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dundeesmiffy @ Jun 12 2009, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think Spies has the edge when it comes to PDV...I think he prefers taller 8s, it seems to be a recurring theme in the Boks selection.[/b]

Errm, Kankowski is taller than Spies...

I was not aware of this...maybe I've been listening to Will Greenwood too much, I thought he was like The Big Show sitting on Andre the Giant's shoulders.

I do get what you mean though :) For instance Watson & Spies were the form number 8's in the S14 but Kankowski still got picked

Yeah Kankowski is a f***ing giant, he's like 6'5 (where Spies is 6'3?) or something isn't he? Crazy thing is, he's still probably a close 2nd behind Spies as the quickest back row forward in the world. South Africa are blessed at the moment.

Kenkowski and Spies are the two best number eights in the world. I am glad I don't have to pick between them.

Andaaaaammm how do you think, is Pierre Spies the only threat for Lions among the SA rugby team's players?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jun 13 2009, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Apart from Sergio Parisse! ;)[/b]

Was below average tonight. One thing I was looking forward to tonight was watching this bloke play but he was disappointing.

He was somewhat anonymous, then again that describes all of Italy's players today.

Was looking at Spies' stats on wikipedia, if they're somewhat correct then he's a pretty gifted athlete regardless of his obvious skill playing rugby. Normal people slow down when they put on bulk, if I try and kickbox with just a few extra kg's I feel like Rosie O'Donnell. Being able to sprint 100m in around 11/12 seconds while being 110 kg's is pretty impressive, regardless of what sport you play.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KZNSharksFan @ Jun 14 2009, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Jun 14 2009, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If only I'd ever seen Kankowski do anything on a rugby field ever... :/[/b]

Well you need to watch more S14 then.
[/b][/quote]
Well quite. It's not that I think he's useless, it's just I don't think I've ever seen a full 80 minutes of him.
There is a great depth of quality in the SA backrow, but the fact that he can't make the team makes me question if he really is as good as you SHers make out?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Jun 14 2009, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KZNSharksFan @ Jun 14 2009, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Jun 14 2009, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
Well quite. It's not that I think he's useless, it's just I don't think I've ever seen a full 80 minutes of him.
There is a great depth of quality in the SA backrow, but the fact that he can't make the team makes me question if he really is as good as you SHers make out?
[/b][/quote]

Fair enough but remember we do have someone with the mental capacity of a grapefruit coaching the Springboks. Kankowski has been below his best this season but he still stood out at times. Just look at Brussouw from the Cheetahas who was outstanding against all-comers this year, he wasn't picked for the Boks either.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Jun 13 2009, 04:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah Kankowski is a f***ing giant, he's like 6'5 (where Spies is 6'3?) or something isn't he? Crazy thing is, he's still probably a close 2nd behind Spies as the quickest back row forward in the world. South Africa are blessed at the moment.[/b]

Again I say: Tom Croft.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KZNSharksFan @ Jun 14 2009, 03:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

[/b][/quote]

Yeah he rides like a horse and is powerful like a bear

He is very good player I think worthy of being afraid of ;)

Latest posts