• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pierre Spies

M

mclaren

This man is the future.

He is the fastest forward in the world.
And the strongest I will say.
He is aggressive at the breakdown and are talent full.
He can play any possision on the field.

Any Chance of a few stats there to back you up Mclaren?

I'm a fan... but any position on the field?
Do you want to do us Kiwi's a few favours and pick him at 10 should we meet up somewhere near the semi's in the cup? ;)

This man is the future.

He can play any possision on the field. [/b]
No.
No.
No.
No.

Greetings McLaren. Well, I do agree with you when you say Pierre Spies is the future. Sure, he`s a big, strong lad, and I also reckon there aren`t many forwards who can clock a sub 11-second 100m (remember Spies used to be an age-group 100m sprinting champion). He IS very impressive at the breakdown- anybody who wins back-to-back man of the match awards, playing out of position at openside, against first Ritchie McCaw and then the very next week vs. George Smith, and that in your 2nd and 3rd test matches in your career, has got to be pretty special. (2006 tri-nations gents)

But I don`t think we can call him the world`s best just yet mate. He`s only had a handful of test matches- less than 10 I think. For the moment, well let`s just say he`s in the "extremely promising" category. And right now, I would probably rate Leamy as the best no.8 in world rugby- yes, yes fellow SH people, please feel free to laugh, but I`m actually serious.

So let`s just wait `till after the RWC. If Spies lives up to his potential, as I believe he will, well then we can call it. But not yet.

<div class='quotemain'> This man is the future.

No.
No.
No.
No.
[/b][/quote]

haha straight to the point
[/b]

Damn straight!
[/b]

Care to add to the debate and give reasons for your opinions lads or have the lurker spam virus rubbed down on you both?

This man is the future.

Plus:

He is the fittest player in the world
He has the best rugby brain in the world
He can leap tall buildings in a single bound
His graceful movements are reminiscent of the Springbok
His dad is tougher than my dad
B)

<div class='quotemain'> This man is the future.

Plus:

He is the fittest player in the world
He has the best rugby brain in the world
He can leap tall buildings in a single bound
His graceful movements are reminiscent of the Springbok
His dad is tougher than my dad
B)
[/b][/quote]

he was bitten by a radioactive spider on a school excursion
his real name is "pierre spiderman" but later shortened it to "pierre spies" to hide his secret identity :p

seriously he's a world class player, but watching him play doesn't exactly make fireworks go off in my pants

I haven't heard of the guy, i'm sure you think he is wonderful but an 8 that can play any position?? I don't think so.

Potentially, sure he's the best. Currently, its hard to say.

Here's an interesting website for comparing match statistics from the Super 14. I know that stats aren't the be all and end all, but you can compare Spies here to players from the other teams he faced.

http://www.sarugby.com/news/Stats_Centre.html

Tuiali'i (who I thought was one of the best Kiwi No.8's in the Super 14) put up a good showing in the Crusader v Bulls game.

He had twice as many carries, twice as many metres gained, more line breaks, more tackles, less missed tackles and less turnovers conceded.

So maybe speed, strength and versatility doesn't make you the world's best player. Just ask Ma'a Nonu.

He is almoust as fast as Habana. He can play wing, center, 8,7,6, and lock. Thats about all the places.
You can say that the Boks have the best 8, 9 and 11 in the world.

I really dont know what all the fuss about him is.. He gets talked up massively, but in what i have seen of him he doesnt exactly spark super amounts of excitement in me.. Burger and Habana really wow me, and Du Preez is good, but i dont see Spies as anything really special yet.. To me he is like Elsom.. a good player, and really likeable, but nothing special as yet, and still a lot of improvement...

This man is the future.

you forget liam messam and this other guy who played in the england saxons for the churchill cup, ton croft i believe. pierre spies is no big deal. having said that, spies is promising

and no the boks do not have the best 11 in the world. just look at rok, sivivatu, lelia masaga, sosene anesi, caucaunibuca.

Potentially, sure he's the best. Currently, its hard to say.

Here's an interesting website for comparing match statistics from the Super 14. I know that stats aren't the be all and end all, but you can compare Spies here to players from the other teams he faced.

http://www.sarugby.com/news/Stats_Centre.html

Tuiali'i (who I thought was one of the best Kiwi No.8's in the Super 14) put up a good showing in the Crusader v Bulls game.

He had twice as many carries, twice as many metres gained, more line breaks, more tackles, less missed tackles and less turnovers conceded.

So maybe speed, strength and versatility doesn't make you the world's best player. Just ask Ma'a Nonu. [/b]

:D :D :D :D :D :D

right on the money mate! :D

Altough I don't like the bulls at all, I got to say that Pierre Spies is the best number 8 in the world right now.

He is strong
He is Fast
And has got good hands

Just look what he did against England, he smashed right thru them :bravo:

Please Munro and Mclaren...hush now boys.

Spies peformed brilliantly against some Englishmen masquerading as rugby players. Good for him.

Make no mistake,he's a super player with shitloads of talent, but he's not even close to the worlds best.

Also, from what I hear from my buddy at the Stormers, Schalk's cock is much bigger than Pierre's.

Please Munro and Mclaren...hush now boys.

Spies peformed brilliantly against some Englishmen masquerading as rugby players. Good for him.

Make no mistake,he's a super player with shitloads of talent, but he's not even close to the worlds best.

Also, from what I hear from my buddy at the Stormers, Schalk's cock is much bigger than Pierre's.
[/b]

Schalk Burger are not a number 8

Spies runs the repeat run 800 wile the best by others in sa are 760

That makes him a class of its own

Latest posts