• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pirates 2

S

St Helens RLFC

Anyone else been to see Dead Man's Chest?

I thought it was bloody brilliant. Not as good as the first one but it didn't detract from it either. I look forward to the third.

9/10 from me.

Sadly, I thought it was very boring...

Same old gags and almost as long as bloody King Kong!!

6/10

yeah i went to it last night, was good, but i didnt like the ending, i didnt know that it was going to do that *not going to say what* i was setting up for another 1/2 an hour or so :)

but meh i enjoyed it

i love keira knightly :)

Ordinary film in my opinion... not bad, but no where near as good as the original. It just went on far too long and felt disjointed at times... A friend of mine put it well when he said it felt as though we had just watched 5 episodes of the 'pirates of the carribean tv show'.

Still, it was entertaining in parts, I give it around a 6.5/10

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Jul 20 2006, 05:30 PM
The ending was a total shock to me I was pleasantly surprised.
But I highly that doubt *insert character here* is in the *insert current situtation here*... seriously, could they have a 3rd movie without him?

And did you stay till after the credits? they had this funny little scene with the cannibals make some dog their new Chief.

Originally posted by Ripper+Jul 20 2006, 07:26 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC
@Jul 20 2006, 05:30 PM
The ending was a total shock to me I was pleasantly surprised.
But I highly that doubt *insert character here* is in the *insert current situtation here*... seriously, could they have a 3rd movie without him?

And did you stay till after the credits? they had this funny little scene with the cannibals make some dog their new Chief. [/b]
lmao, missed that bit!

Who knows what will happen in thr 3rd? You can have a guess but this film has more twists than a twisty turny thing.

Did you hear that Keith Richards is in the next one??

It's gonna be a hoot!!

Well the main character is based upon Keith Richards so it kind of makes sense - that is if KR is still okay then!

I thought it was quite good. possibly not as good as the first but still quite good. already knew there was going to be a 3rd movie so that I guess softened the blow of the ending a lot. proabbly give the movie 7/10 as it wasn't as funny as the first

I didn't think it was nearly as good as the first but it was mainly trying to set up the third film as the grand finale. It was enjoyable and entertaining. There wasn't as much of a story as there was in the first one. Still much, much better than Superman Returns.

Agreed, though I suppose it could be said that the third film will impact on how good the 2nd is.

yeah i wasnt expecting a matrix reloaded ending, kinda felt cheap. i knew about stayin til the end of the movie but i forgot all about it when i was there. damnit. have to wait for the dvd now. as i wont go to that again.

they could have easily had a third movie without <insert name here> ripper. i didnt even know he was going to be in it :D but its all good. also i will have to watch the first one again as i dont remember one of the main characters from this movie, the only movie i remember him in is pride and prejudice o_O

The one played by.................... Orlando Bloom wasn't in Pride and Prejudice was he??

Which person?

I have seen Dead Mans Chest. Pretty good, well paced, and plenty of Yarrrrgghhh! for my money. I would've been happy for some more parrots on shoulders.

All in all though, I give it three Yo ho ho's and one bottle rum.

Originally posted by Jacko@Jul 21 2006, 12:28 PM
The one played by.................... Orlando Bloom wasn't in Pride and Prejudice was he??

Which person?
the guy who was all poncy and arrested everyone at the start (just giving away the start of the movie, kind of)

he was in pride and predjuice.

just a note, i only saw that cause it had kiera knightly in it mmmm yeah :)

Latest posts