• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Places around the world

Yep, really liked Singapore as well - good stop over; very clean and very safe - almost a sanitised version of HK. Really liked the vibe of the outdoor Hawker food markets I went to once I got past the touts and knew which stalls I wanted to buy from.
We generally buy a Lonely Planet guidebook for places we've never been honestly they rarely steer us wrong when it comes to places to eat. Really enjoyed the Hawker food markets and didn't have an issue with touts, might be where we went and when (2019), we were there as an actual destination rather than stopover mainly because my mother spent many years as a child there so always wanted to visit.

Also did one of the parkruns out there literally for a 5k the second toughest run I've ever done due to heat. Only beaten by a 5 mile race last year in 30 degrees.

We generally buy a Lonely Planet guidebook for places we've never been honestly they rarely steer us wrong when it comes to places to eat. Really enjoyed the Hawker food markets and didn't have an issue with touts, might be where we went and when (2019), we were there as an actual destination rather than stopover mainly because my mother spent many years as a child there so always wanted to visit.

Also did one of the parkruns out there literally for a 5k the second toughest run I've ever done due to heat. Only beaten by a 5 mile race last year in 30 degrees.
Yeh Lonely planet is great. Remember using it a lot when back packing around Oz.

Been twice to Singapore first time on the way to Oz and second time 8 years ago. The outdoor Hawker market I went to was pretty big, but just recall touts in front of each stall trying to entice customers to their stalls. But when we didn't know which stall to go to found it a bit annoying with the whole big sell. This was before I found food blogging videos and sites on YouTube - which I used and watched before I went to Japan.

Great buzz though - order as many dishes and few bottles of beer. Happy memories. Even didn't mind sharing a table with locals.

Next time I go and use it as a stop over I hope to explore more of Malaysia.

And yes, can imagine trying to do a 5k run in that humid heat would have been extremely tough.

One of my favourite places in Singapore :) :
The biggest orchid garden in the world as far as I remember, you can also buy interesting things made from orchids there: for example, orchid flowers in a gold (jewelry) and tea made from orchids.
There is also another interesting park in Singapore (I don't remember the name) where's a piece of a real jungle with a wooden walkaway for tourists and I even saw a big Comodo dragon there (a real one).
Also, love Sentosa Island and its' dolphinarium with pink dolphins - that's something!

@Al Bangor love this option on the site, although it marks some countries in a whole (like, for example, I've never been to Alaska,nor in some parts of Russia, Argentina, Brazil and Australia but it shows the whole country once clicked) and marks some parts of others like separate countries (like Wales or Scotland,for example). Here's mine :) :

IMG_20220129_210300.png

@Al Bangor love this option on the site, although it marks some countries in a whole (like, for example, I've never been to Alaska,nor in some parts of Russia, Argentina, Brazil and Australia but it shows the whole country once clicked) and marks some parts of others like separate countries (like Wales or Scotland,for example). Here's mine :) :

View attachment 13101
I like that map better, but here's another travel website that breaks it down (as you mentioned). So you can build an even more detailed map. https://mtp.travel/

Last edited:
This is the digital version of those peeps that put the flags on their bags of al the countries they've been to.

I like that map better, but here's another travel website that breaks it down (as you mentioned). So you can build an even more detailed map. https://mtp.travel/
Yeah..mtp is a bit tooooo detailed for me :D started to choose places in every country I visited and ended up on only by 2.0003 countries (2 countries and 0.0003 of Russia),then lost patience :D

This is the digital version of those peeps that put the flags on their bags of al the countries they've been to.
Hahaha, if you mean something like that,I also can't stand it :D :D :D :
Backpack-with-Patches-1024x640.jpg
square_backpck.jpg

1667519275545.png

we use to do the patch on the bag thing, was actually quite a good icebreaker when in a hostel or something

Latest posts