• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Played it? Review it!

G

gjohn85

Like I said in my review, well worth a purchase....heck I'm still playing rugby 05, I just living with the negatives in the game.

I think people who purchase rc06 will enjoy playing on the game, some may even won't care the bad points I listed.

I, for one, will be buying the game when it comes out. Ti's a shame that it may be the last game. It desperately needs further games to create a Lomu beater. They are very close, I just hope they will release another.

W

woosaah

Originally posted by lemon+Jan 23 2006, 01:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lemon @ Jan 23 2006, 01:41 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-CeeJay
@Jan 20 2006, 05:03 PM
When are the rest of u kiwis expecting this game? The gamesman has it as the 27 of february for release.
GP Store has RC2006 at Jan 27th
and EARugby06 at Feb 23rd. [/b]
gamestations is similar, but gamesman has it feb 27 o_O

E

esoj

yeah rugby challenge next few days proabbly for nz rugby 06 next month. I am hoping a demo for rugby 06 might come out before it releases otherwise I will just have to wait for it to come out and then make a decision on what game I get

C

CeeJay

There was a demo last year, but i dont think it got public release. I Stayed in gamesman playing one for hours, eventually the guy gave me a copy to take home just to get rid of me. He said that every store got two or three copies. There was a pc demo for 2004, hopefully they do that again.

C

C A Iversen

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jan 24 2006, 05:21 PM
There was a demo last year, but i dont think it got public release. I Stayed in gamesman playing one for hours, eventually the guy gave me a copy to take home just to get rid of me. He said that every store got two or three copies. There was a pc demo for 2004, hopefully they do that again.

I got one! EA sent it to me from Australia. They had this whole training day thing, and I sent them an e-mail saying I would be over in NZ for a while and could they send it to me here. They did!

Where there's a will there's a way!

M

mikeeboy

HandsomeBob's review is absolutely spot on.

Rucks are a big let down for me, slow ball, with no opportunity to pick up and drive. A major part of the game of rugby, totally omitted.

M

mikeeboy

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Jan 26 2006, 10:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 26 2006, 10:40 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-mikeeboy
@Jan 26 2006, 10:36 PM
with no opportunity to pick up and drive.
Press square. [/b]
That's for your scrum half to run, after all of your forwards have piled in and won the ruck. There's no quick ball.

F

Fa'atau82

I would agree that the game lacks badly in certain areas, however rugby is a very complex game to translate to game IMHO, and you can include everything you want, but you got to be able to actually do it in the game.

I like the game, the best i have played yet. I think this was targeted at the casual rugby fan who may not really notice the omissions. The fact is i only got the game a couple of days ago and i have already had some great matches and it is very easy to learn, and like any good game, should be difficult to master.

I'd say 7/10, but as was pointed out.. any game series normally improves on it's sequel(s). Probably unlikely to see a sequel, but you never know.

I wonder if i can edit the game though to add Lome Fa'atau and his amazing tribal tattoos!

I'm looking at editing the kit graphics if that interests anyone?

J

jeffb

I`d be interested in some kits. I did all the 2006 Super League kits, but i`m having trouble running the game :(

Jeff

F

Fa'atau82

I managed to add the magners logo to the wasps shirt. In theory, using photoshop, baggi studios and dds converter i can add logos to kits. I just tried the samoa shirt, it's not 100%.. really a plain/generic kit template would be ace but there aren't any.

I will try the game out and see if the graphic edit worked, and if it does, hopefully i can do some more. Give me your email jeff and i'll email you?

This forum seems pretty inactive.

S

St Helens RLFC

It is.

What with the game long since being released and played not many people talk about it anymore.

E

elk jimenez

Hi,

I'm new in the Rugby world, do you know if I can get this game here in Australia?

cheers

B

Brodizzle

Hi,

I'm new in the Rugby world, do you know if I can get this game here in Australia?

cheers
[/b]
Internet my friend....I mean, they didn't even ship Europa Universalis III over here, get it off ebay or something..