• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Played it? Review it!

Like I said in my review, well worth a purchase....heck I'm still playing rugby 05, I just living with the negatives in the game.

I think people who purchase rc06 will enjoy playing on the game, some may even won't care the bad points I listed.

I, for one, will be buying the game when it comes out. Ti's a shame that it may be the last game. It desperately needs further games to create a Lomu beater. They are very close, I just hope they will release another.

Originally posted by lemon+Jan 23 2006, 01:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lemon @ Jan 23 2006, 01:41 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-CeeJay
@Jan 20 2006, 05:03 PM
When are the rest of u kiwis expecting this game? The gamesman has it as the 27 of february for release.
GP Store has RC2006 at Jan 27th
and EARugby06 at Feb 23rd. [/b]
gamestations is similar, but gamesman has it feb 27 o_O

yeah rugby challenge next few days proabbly for nz rugby 06 next month. I am hoping a demo for rugby 06 might come out before it releases otherwise I will just have to wait for it to come out and then make a decision on what game I get

There was a demo last year, but i dont think it got public release. I Stayed in gamesman playing one for hours, eventually the guy gave me a copy to take home just to get rid of me. He said that every store got two or three copies. There was a pc demo for 2004, hopefully they do that again.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jan 24 2006, 05:21 PM
There was a demo last year, but i dont think it got public release. I Stayed in gamesman playing one for hours, eventually the guy gave me a copy to take home just to get rid of me. He said that every store got two or three copies. There was a pc demo for 2004, hopefully they do that again.

I got one! EA sent it to me from Australia. They had this whole training day thing, and I sent them an e-mail saying I would be over in NZ for a while and could they send it to me here. They did!

Where there's a will there's a way!

HandsomeBob's review is absolutely spot on.

Rucks are a big let down for me, slow ball, with no opportunity to pick up and drive. A major part of the game of rugby, totally omitted.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Jan 26 2006, 10:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 26 2006, 10:40 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-mikeeboy
@Jan 26 2006, 10:36 PM
with no opportunity to pick up and drive.
Press square. [/b]
That's for your scrum half to run, after all of your forwards have piled in and won the ruck. There's no quick ball.

I would agree that the game lacks badly in certain areas, however rugby is a very complex game to translate to game IMHO, and you can include everything you want, but you got to be able to actually do it in the game.

I like the game, the best i have played yet. I think this was targeted at the casual rugby fan who may not really notice the omissions. The fact is i only got the game a couple of days ago and i have already had some great matches and it is very easy to learn, and like any good game, should be difficult to master.

I'd say 7/10, but as was pointed out.. any game series normally improves on it's sequel(s). Probably unlikely to see a sequel, but you never know.

I wonder if i can edit the game though to add Lome Fa'atau and his amazing tribal tattoos!

I'm looking at editing the kit graphics if that interests anyone?

I`d be interested in some kits. I did all the 2006 Super League kits, but i`m having trouble running the game :(

Jeff

I managed to add the magners logo to the wasps shirt. In theory, using photoshop, baggi studios and dds converter i can add logos to kits. I just tried the samoa shirt, it's not 100%.. really a plain/generic kit template would be ace but there aren't any.

I will try the game out and see if the graphic edit worked, and if it does, hopefully i can do some more. Give me your email jeff and i'll email you?

This forum seems pretty inactive.

It is.

What with the game long since being released and played not many people talk about it anymore.

Hi,

I'm new in the Rugby world, do you know if I can get this game here in Australia?

cheers

Hi,

I'm new in the Rugby world, do you know if I can get this game here in Australia?

cheers
[/b]
Internet my friend....I mean, they didn't even ship Europa Universalis III over here, get it off ebay or something..

Latest posts