• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Playing out of position....

I tend not to do that because it means that I body is twisted and I can't push fully. If you use your outside foot then your body is square on and it's alot harder to move.
[/b]

Pushing is for props and second rows. If I'm going for the ball I don't care about pushing.

Tips for scrumaging would be nut yer opposition on the way in, and hit the engage as hard as you can. Hook the ball with the outside of your boot, you won't twist that way. Also, to steal opposition ball (it's my speciallity) just be as quick as you possible can.
[/b]

you'd have a tough time stealing mine

i angle it a tad, but who doesnt cheat the rules every now an then :)

<div class='quotemain'>
Tips for scrumaging would be nut yer opposition on the way in, and hit the engage as hard as you can. Hook the ball with the outside of your boot, you won't twist that way. Also, to steal opposition ball (it's my speciallity) just be as quick as you possible can.
[/b]

you'd have a tough time stealing mine

i angle it a tad, but who doesnt cheat the rules every now an then :)
[/b][/quote]

It's called foot up early and a little chat to the ref. And your angling is completely solved. Either that or i say **** it and my halfback gets a break too.

BTW in my final game of the season i got to play center. we had 10 forwards and 5 backs. needless to say it was a bit of a shock coming out of the frontrow and into the backs, but i scored two brilliant tries en route to a 80-0 victory. I must say the backs get it so easy, plenty of recovery time.

I played prop again today, but was throwing at the line. I set up a couple of tries and was described as outstanding by a few people so that made my day.

Well my throwing has been really good recently, but I'm still proping and I may move to loose head permanently as I'm rather huge and the normal loosehead has moved to another club.

I remember one game I had to play fullback because the fella got sinbinned (usually a loose forward). Our winger then got injured so I had to go out on the wing. In another game our five-eighth went down, the coach looked at the bench and put me on. I don't mind playing out of position, unless its in the outside backs or in the front row.

I'm a natural Winger/Fullback but can play Center and Flanker.
I can remember in a school game last season i started playing flanker, then halfway though the second half i had to move to second row then prop then hooker! all because of injury. This season i vow to stay at Fullback or Wing B)

yeah i'm a midfielder/outside back, i had to play flanker one time and i enjoyed it immensley! that would be my next favourite position to play after 2nd 5.

Personally, I really enjoy it. Maybe it's my young age (14) but I love moving around and trying out new things. My main position is 8 but I've been shifted to prop, lock, flanker, centre and wing and enjoyed playing every one of them. Maybe that's just me though.

Latest posts