• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pool 1 (Glasgow, Leicester, Munster, Racing Metro)

Good result for us. It was messy but Racing played well. Said during week I didn't fancy us getting BP. Great position though. Qualified and top of Pro12 with alot of work to do.

Does that get you the no. 2 spot Muff?

Haven't looked yet. I just been told we can't meet Leinster until final so presume ye are 4 and not sure on us. If it 2 or 3. Was under impression we had to better Sarries by 3points but may be wrong

I think Bleyendaal might be Munster's undoing in the knockout stages of both competitions this year.

Yes and no. Issue today is teams are figuring us out a bit and our style is probably easy to figure and prepare once it's obvious. Teams have figured us and were ready. This in turn puts Tyler under pressure which produced few mad passes.
But Rassie I think is innovative and will reskill us a bit and alter gameplan over next month.

On last few weeks I think Conway has done his Irish chances no harm. Stander was MOTM again and today probably deserved it. Himself Scannell R and Conway were our better performers.
But also I thought Racing were very good and up for it. I never fancied us for the BP all week especially when I saw teams but they looked more united than before

Also haven't seen Leicester game just result. Was it that bad like I'm shocked

I really love how Tyler attacks the line. The boy can run, and he's thrown some outstanding passes, but his unforced errors can be really annoying. Still though Bleyndaal has been a blessing in a lot of ways. Honestly we couldn't have played like we did this year without them. He has an added element, and he's unpredictable in both positive and negative sense, but I think he can be shaped into an outstanding ten regardless. He has so many positives and the negatives can be taken out over time. Looking at the last 8 I don't think this is our year, but we have a bright future and that's enough for me.

I really love how Tyler attacks the line. The boy can run, and he's thrown some outstanding passes, but his unforced errors can be really annoying. Still though Bleyndaal has been a blessing in a lot of ways. Honestly we couldn't have played like we did this year without them. He has an added element, and he's unpredictable in both positive and negative sense, but I think he can be shaped into an outstanding ten regardless. He has so many positives and the negatives can be taken out over time. Looking at the last 8 I don't think this is our year, but we have a bright future and that's enough for me.

Sarries and Clermont beating Irish sides in the semis is my bet.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully Leinster finally beat Toulon!

I think it's easy forget he's still on way back from serious injuries. Of course he has negatives but certainly best 10 we have.

On last 8 it's now cup rugby and in all my time following working and helping Munster I've learnt there is no gimme and equally anything can happen. It's a question of who hits stride at right time.

Equally the 6 Nations will play huge part as which team qill be hurt the most with injury etc.
We've been lucky at Munster we haven't been hurt with injury and form has stayed strong

Hopefully we can beat Glasgow and deny them a play off spot.

Not today.

Hard to bet against Glasgow getting an away win in their quarter final no matter who they play. Stunning win.

It was one of those rare games where almost every single move Glasgow made worked out perfectly, every run, pass and offload. It was a joy to watch. That and keeping the Leicester score to 0 was of huge satisfaction. That said, we did come up against a very poor Leicester team tonight. I was surprised at how little they had to offer. Considering that Leicester hadn't lost to a Scottish team at home since 1905 and they had such a proud home record in Europe for the last decade, to offer so little was... unexpected. Clearly they are a team in need of a major change in direction.

And as for whom Glasgow face next, seems it'll either be Munster or Saracens. From my own point of view I'd rather play Saracens. The chance to play away to the English and European champions is a huge draw, though if I'm right in my maths and Wasps beat Zebre tomorrow it'll more than likely be another trip to Limerick.

Not today.

It was one of those rare games where almost every single move Glasgow made worked out perfectly, every run, pass and offload. It was a joy to watch. That and keeping the Leicester score to 0 was of huge satisfaction. That said, we did come up against a very poor Leicester team tonight. I was surprised at how little they had to offer. Considering that Leicester hadn't lost to a Scottish team at home since 1905 and they had such a proud home record in Europe for the last decade, to offer so little was... unexpected. Clearly they are a team in need of a major change in direction.

And as for whom Glasgow face next, seems it'll either be Munster or Saracens. From my own point of view I'd rather play Saracens. The chance to play away to the English and European champions is a huge draw, though if I'm right in my maths and Wasps beat Zebre tomorrow it'll more than likely be another trip to Limerick.

It's the Connacht Toulouse game which will impact more Will.
Ye come to Thomond unless Toulouse win by 31 I think

Not today.

I don't think it was that unexpected, they look a bit like Bath of last year, just much worse. The players hearts aren't in it. Bloody hell, just checked and Tiger have only scored 3 tries... Even the Italian sides scored more.

I don't think it was that unexpected, they look a bit like Bath of last year, just much worse. The players hearts aren't in it. Bloody hell, just checked and Tiger have only scored 3 tries... Even the Italian sides scored more.

I keep saying that Tigers are still playing rugby as though it was 10 years ago. Looking at the last few seasons in the premiership, Tigers have averaged around 50 tries except for 2 years ago when they scored 37 (second lowest). The last three years teams have been scoring over 70 and this year wasps have already hit 50. At the moment tigers have joint 3rd lowest and the way it's going Bristol will easily over take them. They have 2 try bonus points and wasps have 7.

Another stat is they often have a low number of losing bonus points. 2012-13 when they were champions they got 5 lbp's out of 6 losses. 2013-14, 3 out of 5, 2014-15, 2 out of 6, 2015-16 3 out of 8. this year 3 out of 6.

Their points difference is +20, where as Gloucester who have won 3 less games and lost 1 more have a points difference of +47.

To sum up this suggests they are just scraping wins and then losing heavily which is shown not only in the Premiership, but also in the Champions cup.

42-13 Glasgow (add onto todays score and how many point did Glasgow score alone?)
27-17 Racing (only good win for tigers)
38-0 Munster
18-16 Munster (just won)
34-3 Racing
0-43 Glasgow (oh look 85 points by glasgow alone)

Points difference of -129.

I don't know if it's arrogance or pride, but the last few years since they last won the Premiership, Tigers have been slowly declining. They are flattering to deceive, just getting into the play offs recently. I think this has stopped them making the changes necessary, because they've convinced themselves they are a great side, when actually they getting lucky and could easily have been further down the table.

I keep saying that Tigers are still playing rugby as though it was 10 years ago. Looking at the last few seasons in the premiership, Tigers have averaged around 50 tries except for 2 years ago when they scored 37 (second lowest). The last three years teams have been scoring over 70 and this year wasps have already hit 50. At the moment tigers have joint 3rd lowest and the way it's going Bristol will easily over take them. They have 2 try bonus points and wasps have 7.

Another stat is they often have a low number of losing bonus points. 2012-13 when they were champions they got 5 lbp's out of 6 losses. 2013-14, 3 out of 5, 2014-15, 2 out of 6, 2015-16 3 out of 8. this year 3 out of 6.

Their points difference is +20, where as Gloucester who have won 3 less games and lost 1 more have a points difference of +47.

To sum up this suggests they are just scraping wins and then losing heavily which is shown not only in the Premiership, but also in the Champions cup.

42-13 Glasgow (add onto todays score and how many point did Glasgow score alone?)
27-17 Racing (only good win for tigers)
38-0 Munster
18-16 Munster (just won)
34-3 Racing
0-43 Glasgow (oh look 85 points by glasgow alone)

Points difference of -129.

I don't know if it's arrogance or pride, but the last few years since they last won the Premiership, Tigers have been slowly declining. They are flattering to deceive, just getting into the play offs recently. I think this has stopped them making the changes necessary, because they've convinced themselves they are a great side, when actually they getting lucky and could easily have been further down the table.

I must say that is impressive stats sir.

I salute you.

On the view. They're declining yes but are a club who can build themselves back

I must say that is impressive stats sir.

I salute you.

On the view. They're declining yes but are a club who can build themselves back

Oh they definitely can, especially with the support they get. However the question is, were the problems being caused by Cockers or was he just a scapegoat and there are larger issues still...

Oh they definitely can, especially with the support they get. However the question is, were the problems being caused by Cockers or was he just a scapegoat and there are larger issues still...

I think Tigs mentioned it may be elsewhere but that Cockers was there so long that a fresh voice may be needed

I think Tigs mentioned it may be elsewhere but that Cockers was there so long that a fresh voice may be needed

Oh I definitely agree with this, but there have been other issues on top, such as the transfer policy, so I don't think just changing Cockers will solve everything.

But the thing is that for some teams they need more than a coach. Mauger has to work with what he has. But as we all know when Glasgow are on form they can really beat anyone they want. Like yesterday just about everything Glasgow done yesterday worked out perfectly there isn't much the opponents can do about that. However i don't think Leicester are doing that badly as the Aviva Premiership is concerned. Since Mauger came into coaching Leicester he had 3 tough games to play were both games in the Premiership were close results. Honestly i think Leicester fans shouldn't be that concerned when Glasgow were just outstanding last night. Just going to need patience.

I think Tigers need a complete clear out of the backroom and to look elsewhere for new guys.
No more jobs for the boys, they need fresh ideas.

Latest posts