• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pool 4 (Castres, Leinster, Montpellier, Northampton)

McGrath is the loosehead, yeah?
I was told he was the best loosehead in the world after the AIs

No way i'd have settled for the draw.
Slow ball, just outside their own 22, a man down and a draw gives a 99% certain home quarter final. Concede a penalty and shot at goal and chances are Leinster would be bumped down to 5th seeds. Absolutely the right decision to kick it out.

Yes, it was a poor performance but with more accuracy in attack, Leinster win that game. Rory O'Loughlin was unlucky not to touch down in the first half from a Ross Byrne kick. Jack McGrath was inches from the line from a Jack Conan break. If Luke McGrath catches Rob Kearney's simple pass from another line break, it's 5 points. Poor control from an Adam Byrne kick cost another 5 points. A poor decision from Garry Ringrose and subsequent poor ruck clear out a few minutes from the end cost another score. Leinster took those chances last week. This week they failed to do so.

Let's not forget that Leinster started without four of their first choice pack and lost their two most influential backs in the first half to injury.

McGrath is the loosehead, yeah?
I was told he was the best loosehead in the world after the AIs 樂樂樂

If you're only going on the comments from this thread, they're talking about Luke McGrath the scrumhalf...

Man I'll admit Racing may be a gimme but that was poor. Castres had poor team out and Leinster made awful hard work. Racing were a gimme but so should've this be.
Also I don't think Munster will get BP tomorrow.
Guess that the difference. We ain't cocky or confident enough to expect.
Whereas you practically were guaranteing ye would be 1 seed

Meh, losing two of the best backs in the country in the first half changes things, Castres are a good team that don't like losing at home and don't make mistakes while we made a lot. We'll get Wasps in the qf's and we don't lose in Dublin, another French semi which suits me fine!

As for the second part, if you think me getting a prediction wrong makes Munster better fans your logic needs work...

Meh, losing two of the best backs in the country in the first half changes things, Castres are a good team that don't like losing at home and don't make mistakes while we made a lot. We'll get Wasps in the qf's and we don't lose in Dublin, another French semi which suits me fine!

As for the second part, if you think me getting a prediction wrong makes Munster better fans your logic needs work...

Never once did I say Munster was better. just that we aren't as confident as ye. And only said that as you said at least it not a gimme like Racing. But fact is that wasn't Castres full team and in fact alot more of the Racing team are in around the first team than that Castres team. But anyway it isn't about Munster here as I said you brought them up first and can't deny maybe it will be good to halt Leinster a bit as some fans have been getting very over confident and cocky. And thats not a comment at you or anyone on this forum but realistically it brought a few back down a bit.
Delighted guys like Byrne produced though

If you're only going on the comments from this thread, they're talking about Luke McGrath the scrumhalf...
Fair enough, I didn't even realise there was two McGrath's in the side :p

But Ringsting was ****? That's enough for me

Never once did I say Munster was better. just that we aren't as confident as ye. And only said that as you said at least it not a gimme like Racing. But fact is that wasn't Castres full team and in fact alot more of the Racing team are in around the first team than that Castres team. But anyway it isn't about Munster here as I said you brought them up first and can't deny maybe it will be good to halt Leinster a bit as some fans have been getting very over confident and cocky. And thats not a comment at you or anyone on this forum but realistically it brought a few back down a bit.

What does it matter what the supporters think? How does a reality check for them benefit Leinster Rugby?

What does it matter what the supporters think? How does a reality check for them benefit Leinster Rugby?

Man your misreading alot.
Players mix amongst fans and can believe the false hype. That can happen with any team not just Leinster but anyway can I ask where I said that is of benefit to Leinster?

I'll put it like this. If Leinster have ambitions of winning this Cup, they can't play like that again. Okay result in terms of playoffs and points, but still a poor performance. I'm sure we can all agree on that.

Last edited:
I'll put it like this. If Leinster have ambitions of winning this Cup, they can't play like that again. Okay result in terms of result, but stilla poor performance. I'm sure we can all agree on that.

It was poor but guys like Byrne and despite what some say here Ringrose impressed me

"Guess that the difference. We ain't cocky or confident enough to expect.
Whereas you practically were guaranteing ye would be 1 seed" - Munstermuffen
"anyway it isn't about Munster here as I said you brought them up first" - Munstermuffin
Sighs...

I don't think I was cocky either, I'd make the exact same prediction if we were playing them next week. The team had an off day without their general and captain while our 7 and 9 couldn't do anything right, a draw against a team who haven't lost at home since 3rd September and a home QF isn't indicative of a side in trouble.

Ringrose was great with ball in hand as per usual but struggled defensively at times, tacklimg was weak in general really.

Ringrose has that O'Driscoll like running style going low to the ground and worming through defences, but he made a few awful defensive reads that really cost Leinster. Plenty of ball, and some nice rugby at times, but support play needs work, and they looked hungover from last week.

Man your misreading alot.
Players mix amongst fans and can believe the false hype. That can happen with any team not just Leinster but anyway can I ask where I said that is of benefit to Leinster?

You implied it in your first statement and you categorically spelt it out right there in the bolded bit. Or did i misread that too?

Anyway i disagree. Professional athletes who are drilled night and day by sports psychologists aren't going to swayed by a bunch of randomers they meet. Those days are long gone. Leinster drew tonight because Castres were good (unexpectedly perhaps) and too many of their young lads showed their naivety. It had nothing to do with the fans.

"Guess that the difference. We ain't cocky or confident enough to expect.
Whereas you practically were guaranteing ye would be 1 seed" - Munstermuffen
"anyway it isn't about Munster here as I said you brought them up first" - Munstermuffin
Sighs...

I don't think I was cocky either, I'd make the exact same prediction if we were playing them next week. The team had an off day without their general and captain while our 7 and 9 couldn't do anything right, a draw against a team who haven't lost at home since 3rd September and a home QF isn't indicative of a side in trouble.

Ringrose was great with ball in hand as per usual but struggled defensively at times, tacklimg was weak in general really.

Am before that you mentioned Racing game.

Alpha have you been misreading again??? Putting things to suit your agenda?

On end bits I agree

You implied it in your first statement and you categorically spelt it out right there in the bolded bit. Or did i misread that too?

Anyway i disagree. Professional athletes who are drilled night and day by sports psychologists aren't going to swayed by a bunch of randomers they meet. Those days are long gone. Leinster drew tonight because Castres were good (unexpectedly perhaps) and too many of their young lads showed their naivety. It had nothing to do with the fans.

Ok starters I said that AFTER your comment. So not sure if you did misread but if not feel free to point out originally please.

On 2nd bit I'd disagree and I work with pro athletes daily. The atmosphere plays part.

But again where have I said tonights result had to do with fans.

Latest posts