• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pool A - General discussion

Yeah SA and England for me too.
[/b]

It has to be SA and England although I suspect that SA will be top of the pool. However, if the English can sort out their backline before RWC it could be tight

I think SA will top the pool EASILY unless England get it sorted out sharpish. England to come second though.

if england keep playing the way they are the usa is gonna give em' a raping.
[/b]

Not if the USA play the way they did in the Churchill Cup. The got ragged by the Saxons and couldn't even manage to edge a poorly performing Scotland A side.

They'll hit hard in the forwards all day long, but the backs have nothing. Nothing.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Not if the USA play the way they did in the Churchill Cup. The got ragged by the Saxons and couldn't even manage to edge a poorly performing Scotland A side.

They'll hit hard in the forwards all day long, but the backs have nothing. Nothing.
[/b][/quote]

In a few years the usa should move up the world rankings once this current batch of u17 and u19 guys get into their prime (the u17 team was established this past year, and the u19 has only been around since 1999) so once my generation comes up into our primes i feel we'll have something to offer. Ive noticed a lot more athletes taking up the game, which means better backs.

<Hercus> *gives ball to Forrest* Forrest!
<Forrest> Yeah?!
<Hercus> RUN!
<Forrest> Okay! *runs off, all Gridiron like*

In a few years the usa should move up the world rankings once this current batch of u17 and u19 guys get into their prime (the u17 team was established this past year, and the u19 has only been around since 1999) so once my generation comes up into our primes i feel we'll have something to offer. Ive noticed a lot more athletes taking up the game, which means better backs.
[/b]
Good luck :bravo:

Samoa and Tonga aren't going to have that much organisation despite having a lot of talent. I think the US could sneak a fourth place finish if they get it together in time.
[/b]
i don't care how much time they have they won't beat samoa however tonga are looking pretty ****. B)

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I sure hope you guys move up the world rankings. If it wasn't for gridiron, your country would definitely be a rugby powerhouse along side the tier 1 nations or even better than the All Blacks. I would especially like to see USA host a RWC competition in the next decade or so. :D

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I sure hope you guys move up the world rankings. If it wasn't for gridiron, your country would definitely be a rugby powerhouse along side the tier 1 nations or even better than the All Blacks. I would especially like to see USA host a RWC competition in the next decade or so. :D
[/b][/quote]

To be honest im not sure about in the next decade, you most likely wouldnt see a lot of people in the stands.

Maybe in the next decade, however, telivision will catch on sorta like ESPN, instead of showing reruns of the Scripps National Spelling Bee or Poker Tournaments, how about show some Rugby Union?

All the USA have to do is get al the college football players playing rugby - only a fraction of them will get signed and theyr all incredible athletes (althow clearly on steroids lol) all u have to teach them to do is throw a ball backwards!

we mite even get some cheer leaders at games haha

All the USA have to do is get al the college football players playing rugby - only a fraction of them will get signed and theyr all incredible athletes (althow clearly on steroids lol) all u have to teach them to do is throw a ball backwards!

[/b]
That's Nigel Melville's plan for American rugby - but how are the players going to make a living? They could head to Europe, but that's full of SH has-been's.

And South Africa has all the cheerleaders we need.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
That's Nigel Melville's plan for American rugby - but how are the players going to make a living? They could head to Europe, but that's full of SH has-been's.

And South Africa has all the cheerleaders we need. [/b][/quote]

These so called "has-been's" always seem to be the main players in the teams.

Not in Leinster - the has-beens are a disaster. Get over yourselves, downunderers.

Seriously: there is a huge number of USA atheletes who don't make the grade professionally, but who could add to the growth of rugby. Where do they go? Get useless MBAs and become car salesmen or real estate agents? A lot of them probably go into personal fitness. Or maybe they just get real jobs and settle down.

What could bring those guys in to professional rugby?

Not in Leinster - the has-beens are a disaster. Get over yourselves, downunderers.

Seriously: there is a huge number of USA atheletes who don't make the grade professionally, but who could add to the growth of rugby. Where do they go? Get useless MBAs and become car salesmen or real estate agents? A lot of them probably go into personal fitness. Or maybe they just get real jobs and settle down.

What could bring those guys in to professional rugby? [/b]

The SH/"downunder" "has-beens" are being quite smart i nthe way that they are capitalising on the stupid Europeans throwing money at them. The "has-beens" have to think about their families and financial security, so if a lucrative deal arises then they'll take it. It's business smarts mate.

I dont actually think that england will progress through. I think samoa will go through with SA. Remember the almost disaster match in 2003: England v Samoa

Latest posts