• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pool A - General discussion

Samoa are doing pretty well coming off from a 50-3 hammering of Tonga. How suprised would you be if they win all their remaining pre-world cup fixtures comfortably? Besides everyone knows that Samoa come RWC time steps up a notch, while im not overly confident that Samoa will upset England i think there is a geniune chance of it hapnin.

Could england do it after an impressive display? nahhh, not a chance, england players haven't stepped up against opposition since last world cup, unless england do it against SA i wouldnt be too surprised at a shock defeat and early exit.

Lets be realistic, no offense but SA and England are the only real ones to put any money on in this pool

Look at the last World Cup and see how close Samoa got against the likes of NZ. With a bit of luck anything can happen.

Alas, I would only bet on SA or England, but I still hope Samoa can put on a show against SA and England just like they did against the ABs back in 2003.

Correct me if im wrong but i dont remember Samoa playing the AB's in 2003.

Our Pool was:
NZ
ITALY
CANADA
TONGA
WALES

i think England will go through 2nd in this pool.

but im actually picking them to make the semis and losing valiantly to the all blacks. i really think there gonna beat australia in the 1/4's. you look at there records... Australia and England have played eachother 3 times in world cups. England have won twice('95 1/4 final & '03 Final) and aussie have there solitary victory back in the 1991 final. i know the English pack will cause the aussie alot of problems so i think if wilko can kick the goals and the English pack can dominate the aussies upfront i think there gonna sneak past them.

alot of people are already talking as if NZ V AUS is already pencilled in as a semifinal... watch out for England and France i say....(France could pull something out against us if they play in a 1/4 against NZ)

For me :
SAfrica
ENGLAND
TONGA
SAMOA
USA... And then.. We'll see ;-)
[/b]

I'd be willing to move the US up a notch there. They can pull stuff out in competitions once in a while.

I find that many people have maybe more faith in England than they deserve. I believe SA will walk away with this pool pretty easily. And hopefully USA will win one game....

Guys im right behind samoa to beat england
I checked it out it is still possible for samoa to make the quarters even though they lost to tonga. This is due to the fact that they got a bonus point against tonga.
If england loses to tonga then samoa is gone :wall: but if england wins by at least eight points but doesn't get a bonus point and samoa wins rest of pool matches ill be cheering

let me know what you guys think they're chances are :)

Correct me if im wrong but i dont remember Samoa playing the AB's in 2003.

Our Pool was:
NZ
ITALY
CANADA
TONGA
WALES

i think England will go through 2nd in this pool.

but im actually picking them to make the semis and losing valiantly to the all blacks. i really think there gonna beat australia in the 1/4's. you look at there records... Australia and England have played eachother 3 times in world cups. England have won twice('95 1/4 final & '03 Final) and aussie have there solitary victory back in the 1991 final. i know the English pack will cause the aussie alot of problems so i think if wilko can kick the goals and the English pack can dominate the aussies upfront i think there gonna sneak past them.

alot of people are already talking as if NZ V AUS is already pencilled in as a semifinal... watch out for England and France i say....(France could pull something out against us if they play in a 1/4 against NZ)

[/b]

WC history i think is of little relevence. The important factors are: England don't know what style of play they want, they aren't performing individually or as a team to the standards required. Australia are playing well and as a team. The only possible edge the men in white will have is the scrum. Unless England play radically better than they have at any point since 2003 they are going out in the QFs or sooner.

i rekon that if england beat australia in the quarter final then england will win the WC

but if we don't i think the boks should win, or i hope they will!!

Latest posts