• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pool B - General discussion

One of the easier pools to predict on paper.

I can see the Aussies taking top spot, Wales second, with Fiji putting up and brave fight and playing some good attacking rugby, but ultimately not having enough defensive organisation to go through.

I agree. Australia to win all their matches with a bit of a struggle against Wales, and Wales to ultimately take the second spot in the quarters.

Yeah i think we will finish 2nd in the group stage. Unsure how we will do against the Aussies to be honest. I think Aussies will win, hopefully it'll be a close game.

The sun is beginning to shine on Welsh rugby. Not strongly, but hopes are building after a fairly clueless 6N.

The Australia pack is still unknown. They bossed Wales brilliantly for half and hour in November, but didn't take enough points and had to scramble for a draw.

So, I'd give it to Wales at the moment.

^^ If Wales have a good tour to Austrailia and win two of their warm-up matches I think we will have a good shot at topping the pool.
Based on Wales' current form I can see the Aussies topping the pool with Wales getting runner-up.
Fiji third, followed by Canada and Japan who are clearly in a league of their own.

I'm still going to hope that Canada can pull something off against Fiji and beat Japan soundly to be third in their pool.

Australia
Wales
Fiji
Canada
Japan

That is about it wales will not beat us. :D

Hopefully we can do well after a fair few lean years. :(

We've got a good shot at topping the pool. Playing the deciding match against Austrailia at home in the Millenium will be a big help. Both teams have been a bit hit and miss lately but both can fire aswell.

I'm predicting:

Wales
Austrailia
Fiji
Canada
Japan

yeah i'm going for a welsh top spot, I got a feeling auz will pick up a few big injuries (larkham and latham) and the welsh will capitalise.

There's a lot of discussion as to whether wales can beat australia and take top spot, but there are a few other things to consider. I know Wales can step up to the mark against big teams but sometimes if they're not in the top 5 rankings in the world we fail to show up. Will we beat fiji?
I know that on a clueless day we could suffer a shock defeat to them. I worry sometimes.

I'd like to put it out there and say that if Canada start playing a full 80 mins of rugby, with their positive display of strong defence who knows, i say they could put one over Fiji.

I know it's wishful thinking but Fiji will top this pool. :D Aus & Wales to fight tooth and nail for 2nd spot....but I'm tipping Wales to win with the backing of it's home crowd.

Wallabies to miss out on a play-off spot for the first time in it's history. :p

Im hoping for canada to do a good job against all teams, some of the canadian players coached my U16 team, they've got some cool tricks, hopefully we beat japan and maybe fiji.