• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pool B - General discussion

From very reliable sources i heard that the Welsh team, whilst on tour to Australia, was something every proud Welsh person would be ashamed of. The drinking culture was back in full swing, going against everything the Welsh team had become in the past few years and from what i'm hearing nothing's being done about this. High profile players were returning from a night out at 5am only to have training 4 hours later.
It was claimed that only one person did not adhere to this disgraceful way of being on tour and the was Henson. He didn't drink and stay out late, he was at training before everyone else and there after everyone else also.
I remember the days when Hansen slaughtered the Welsh boys for drinking. The welsh squad seems to be very amateurish again.
If all the boys have this attitude going into the world cup then we will not beat Australia and we will have a hard time against the other teams we expect to beat.

I was very impressed with Japan last weekend. The first 30mins against the NZ'A' side was impressive. They certainly have a lot of speed and passion. It's just a shame that they can't match it physically for the full 80mins. They have certainly improved a lot over recent years. They could put up a reasonable fight against Wales, although I still expect the Sheep lovers to win by 25-30 pts

This is by far the weakest group of all, I mean Australia is OK, but not at the state of New Zealand or France, and Wales did crap in the 6 Nations and Fiji, well they shouldn't even be in the same league as Italy or Argentina.

This is by far the weakest group of all, I mean Australia is OK, but not at the state of New Zealand or France, and Wales did crap in the 6 Nations and Fiji, well they shouldn't even be in the same league as Italy or Argentina. [/b]

No. I think you'll find that if you're going on that reasoning then there are 3 weak groups.
France and Ireland are backing up the strong group, wtih argentina posing a threat.

Pool A: South Africa are the big boys against an England squad that had a poor 6 nations and Samoa aren't even within a shout.
Pool B: Ozzies just beat AB's, no? Wales had poor 6N.
Pool C:New Zealand are the strong ones. Scotland had a poor 6N and Italy beat two very poor teams in the 6N. Italy have no right to be put in the same category as Argentina - that kind of talk is idiotic.

Your reasoning was basic to say the least and as you can see is easily applicable to Pools A and C.

Italy have no right to be put in the same category as Argentina
[/b]

Italy is definitely improving, but Argentina is on a much better level, threatening the best teams in the world. And Wales is stronger than Italy, despite the Welsh side having a bad 6Nations.

I think Wales will make 2nd place in their pool. If the players are more disciplined, inside and outside the pitch, they could be a surprising side in RWC07. They are currently underrated. But they need discipline.

Ciao
Francesco

<div class='quotemain'> Italy have no right to be put in the same category as Argentina
[/b]

Italy is definitely improving, but Argentina is on a much better level, threatening the best teams in the world. And Wales is stronger than Italy, despite the Welsh side having a bad 6Nations.

I think Wales will make 2nd place in their pool. If the players are more disciplined, inside and outside the pitch, they could be a surprising side in RWC07. They are currently underrated. But they need discipline.

Ciao
Francesco
[/b][/quote]

Do you want to be the Welsh Manager? :) Our coach is rubbish at the moment.

Disicpline is a key area as well as our lineouts. We get those sorted & we will have a good WC.

We've been needing to sort out those issues for years.
Scrums, line outs, discipline, structure - all have been lacking for a long while.

We've been needing to sort out those issues for years.
Scrums, line outs, discipline, structure - all have been lacking for a long while.
[/b]
So their whole game is f***ed? :D

If only wales could sneak a win against Australia, we could do some damage in this world cup. The winners will probably play england right? That gives them a very good chance of getting to the semis. Ah well, the auzzies 'll probably step it up in the big competition as they always do.

It ****** me off how some teams get off easy, Argentina and Ireland are always in the hard groups and one of them miss out every world cup while Scotland and Wales get easy routes to the QF when they are crap. IMO Italy can pull off and upset and beat Scotland and came 2nd, just unfortunete that either France/Ireland or Argentina, one of them will miss out when they the 3 of them are better than England, Wales and Scotland who will make the QF.

If only wales could sneak a win against Australia, we could do some damage in this world cup. The winners will probably play england right? That gives them a very good chance of getting to the semis. Ah well, the auzzies 'll probably step it up in the big competition as they always do. [/b]
wales would struggle to beat eng let alone aus.

<div class='quotemain'> If only wales could sneak a win against Australia, we could do some damage in this world cup. The winners will probably play england right? That gives them a very good chance of getting to the semis. Ah well, the auzzies 'll probably step it up in the big competition as they always do. [/b]
wales would struggle to beat eng let alone aus. [/b][/quote]

Sorry, you're basing this on what: last year's 6N game against England?

Ok...

aussies will easily take the spot. the welsh will crack under pressure. lol - morlock is very intimidating. aussies will easily go through, probably make the semi's. probably even the finals. aus vs nz grand final... lol

I feel sorry for Welsh fans, shitty 6n's, yet what people are forgetting is that they're a strong rugby people, and they'll be wanting to kick back into form.

As for the Aussies here predicting a wallaby walkover, you remember what has happened the last two times f***tard fans and media did this? Wallabies were down and chasing a lead score. It's a moronic thing to do, this collective arrogance does nothing but motivate the other team. So s.t.f.u and adopt some quiet confidence, this is rugby and anything can happen on the day.

Anyway, I can assure you over here in aus that the fans, if not retards and the media, will not be writing off the Welsh.

aussies will easily take the spot. the welsh will crack under pressure. lol - morlock is very intimidating. aussies will easily go through, probably make the semi's. probably even the finals. aus vs nz grand final... lol
[/b]

Unfortunately these two teams won't play each other in the final unless one of them finishes second in their pool.

They will most likely play each other in the semi finals. Hopefully.

I feel sorry for Welsh fans, shitty 6n's, yet what people are forgetting is that they're a strong rugby people, and they'll be wanting to kick back into form.

As for the Aussies here predicting a wallaby walkover, you remember what has happened the last two times f***tard fans and media did this? Wallabies were down and chasing a lead score. It's a moronic thing to do, this collective arrogance does nothing but motivate the other team. So s.t.f.u and adopt some quiet confidence, this is rugby and anything can happen on the day.

Anyway, I can assure you over here in aus that the fans, if not retards and the media, will not be writing off the Welsh.
[/b]

The Wallabies have also (in my opinion) fielded some pretty terrible teams when they've faced the Welsh the past few times.

This year Connolly went with a NSW majority team despite the fact they'd finished near the bottom of the Super 14 ladder. I still believe it was a slap in the face for all those players who'd actually performed during the Super 14 and had warranted starting positions in the team. This was highlighted by electing Phil Waugh captain of the team.

In the past autumn tours Australia have been without some key experienced players, or experimented with players in awkward positions. The past two NH tours have proved that Lote Tuqiri should not play at outside centre. He's a sideways runner who can't read the opposition.

The decision to take Al Baxter to France could come back to haunt the Wallabies if Guy Shepherdson goes down injured.

The decision to take Al Baxter to France could come back to haunt the Wallabies if Guy Shepherdson goes down injured.
[/b]

Yeah, especially when Rodney Blake could have been an option, as for Greg Holmes, don't know what he's up to, yet Al Baxter hasn't been performing well now...for a long while really.

Yeah, especially when Rodney Blake could have been an option, as for Greg Holmes, don't know what he's up to, yet Al Baxter hasn't been performing well now...for a long while really.
[/b]

Where is Greggy these days? Lol, he used to go to my high school, along with timmy horan.. :)