• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pool B - General discussion

It's a moronic thing to do, this collective arrogance does nothing but motivate the other team. So s.t.f.u and adopt some quiet confidence, this is rugby and anything can happen on the day.
[/b]

Do you reckon you could have a word with some of the Kiwi's boys on this forum?

<div class='quotemain'> It's a moronic thing to do, this collective arrogance does nothing but motivate the other team. So s.t.f.u and adopt some quiet confidence, this is rugby and anything can happen on the day.
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Hah! for the most part they are a lost cause, though I've seen some of them actually pin other teams for winning the WC, Mimic for example.

Though I guess the AB's performance allows for 'some' bragging rights, and it's good for rugby, really makes the rest lift to be competitive.

Australia will go through and will end at the top of their pool but Fiji might spring a surprise is they play their cards right and go through but that is if Wales don't beat them

Aus aren't gonna have it all their own way. It's gonna be a close game in the Millenium Stadium like it has been the last couple of years. Hoping Wales can clinch it.

I know it's wishful thinking but Fiji will top this pool. :D Aus & Wales to fight tooth and nail for 2nd spot....but I'm tipping Wales to win with the backing of it's home crowd.

Wallabies to miss out on a play-off spot for the first time in it's history. :p
[/b]

Thats exactly how i see iT.
Fiji is gonna top this pool because our FORWARDS.

FIJIAN FORWARDS HAVE WORLD CLASS MOBILITY WITH SEMISI NAEVO, KELE LEAWERE, IFEREMI RAWAQA, AKAPUSI QERA, GRAHAM DEWES, AND SISA KOYAMAIBOLE.

OUR FORWARDS ARE LIKE GRASSHOPPERS.....JUMPING ALL OVER THE FIELD.

AND THE FIJIAN BACKS HAVE A TOUGH DEFENSIVE LINE.

NICKY LITTLE CAN HANDLE FORWARDS CHARGING AT HIM.
RABENI.... IS A RIB BREAKER WITH HIS HITS
BAI... CAN COVER TACKLE ANYWHERE ON THE FIELD.

I admire your optamism, but Fiji have about as much chance of progressing to the second stage as England have of winning the whole tournament... It's possible, but it's not gonna happen.

I admire your optamism, but Fiji have about as much chance of progressing to the second stage as England have of winning the whole tournament... It's possible, but it's not gonna happen. [/b]

Ha, your the first English person I have heard in the recent weeks that doesnt have thier head so far up thier own/Wilkinsons arse to state the obviousness that England clearly arent likely to win the RWC. They do have a chance to win it, on thier day I think that they could really challenge the AB's but I just dont think that this will be thier year again. Like its not going to be Wales' yet again :angry:

Ha, your the first English person I have heard in the recent weeks that doesnt have thier head so far up thier own/Wilkinsons arse to state the obviousness that England clearly arent likely to win the RWC. They do have a chance to win it, on thier day I think that they could really challenge the AB's but I just dont think that this will be thier year again. Like its not going to be Wales' yet again :angry:
[/b]

I've gotta pull you up on this one: i need you to find me one englishman (especially out of those who post here regularly) that "have their head up their arse"?
I see that nearly all of them are realistic with where they are going to get in this years world cup.

Fiji is gonna top this pool because our FORWARDS.

FIJIAN FORWARDS HAVE WORLD CLASS MOBILITY WITH SEMISI NAEVO, KELE LEAWERE, IFEREMI RAWAQA, AKAPUSI QERA, GRAHAM DEWES, AND SISA KOYAMAIBOLE.

OUR FORWARDS ARE LIKE GRASSHOPPERS.....JUMPING ALL OVER THE FIELD.

AND THE FIJIAN BACKS HAVE A TOUGH DEFENSIVE LINE.
NICKY LITTLE CAN HANDLE FORWARDS CHARGING AT HIM.
RABENI.... IS A RIB BREAKER WITH HIS HITS
BAI... CAN COVER TACKLE ANYWHERE ON THE FIELD.[/b]

Straight from the Comical Ali (Iraqi communications minister) school of optimism :blink:

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

I've gotta pull you up on this one: i need you to find me one englishman (especially out of those who post here regularly) that "have their head up their arse"?
I see that nearly all of them are realistic with where they are going to get in this years world cup.
[/b][/quote]

I werent talking about people on here but all my English freinds, they are cocky as f*** and so full of cockyness that England will win it again. Sorry about the confusion people my bad

I will see Australia vs Japan at Lyon...uhm I think that will be a very good match with many tries!!!

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> If only wales could sneak a win against Australia, we could do some damage in this world cup. The winners will probably play england right? That gives them a very good chance of getting to the semis. Ah well, the auzzies 'll probably step it up in the big competition as they always do. [/b]
wales would struggle to beat eng let alone aus. [/b][/quote]

Sorry, you're basing this on what: last year's 6N game against England?

Ok... [/b][/quote] ok mr one eyed welshmen. i'm basing it on the fact that wales haven't played well in two years, england are looking better(beat france this years six nations and destroyed an admittedly experimental welsh side).wales got what 4or 5 in the six nations and eng got 3. really what team are you watching? the welsh are ****.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> It's a moronic thing to do, this collective arrogance does nothing but motivate the other team. So s.t.f.u and adopt some quiet confidence, this is rugby and anything can happen on the day.
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Hah! for the most part they are a lost cause, though I've seen some of them actually pin other teams for winning the WC, Mimic for example.

Though I guess the AB's performance allows for 'some' bragging rights, and it's good for rugby, really makes the rest lift to be competitive. [/b][/quote] damn right we have the right to brag our record is far superior to anyone elses. but realistically aus are a huge threat. i honestly can't see any nh teams beating the abs thou.

i honestly can't see any nh teams beating the abs thou. [/b]

Well, in last years summer tour (Yes, I know it was a year ago but hear me out) I'm sure Ireland played NZ (out in NZ) and came close to beating them in both tests. Maybe that was a year ago and maybe in the present, Ireland wouldn't even have a chance of beating NZ at home. But, since they are the only team with any realistic chance of beating NZ in the NH that haven't played them recently I should say: don't write them off.

(17-Jun-2006 NZ - 27 - 17 Ireland Eden Park Auckland

10-Jun-2006 NZ - 34 - 23 Ireland Waikato Stadium Hamilton

These were the scores in both tests. Not bad, especially away from home.)

<div class='quotemain'> i honestly can't see any nh teams beating the abs thou. [/b]

Well, in last years summer tour (Yes, I know it was a year ago but hear me out) I'm sure Ireland played NZ (out in NZ) and came close to beating them in both tests. Maybe that was a year ago and maybe in the present, Ireland wouldn't even have a chance of beating NZ at home. But, since they are the only team with any realistic chance of beating NZ in the NH that haven't played them recently I should say: don't write them off.

(17-Jun-2006 NZ - 27 - 17 Ireland Eden Park Auckland

10-Jun-2006 NZ - 34 - 23 Ireland Waikato Stadium Hamilton

These were the scores in both tests. Not bad, especially away from home.) [/b][/quote] that was played at the start of the season. after losing to france and hardly setting the world on fire in the 6nations, i'm quite happy to write them off.

Fiji win!!

FIJI, FIJI, FIJI, FIJI, FIJI, FIJI, FIJI, FIJI, FIJI, FIJI, FIJI, FIJI, FIJI, FIJI!!!!!

Good Game Fiji, you lot have a strong defence & a fast backline.
I'm just wondering why Canada didn't dish the ball out to the backline more often. The Fijians knew what Canada was going to do & all they had to do was wait for an error, and voila! superstar try for Fiji.
Anyways, I'm going to Steal a crate of Magniers from the LCBO now.
Good Day.

Good Game Fiji, you lot have a strong defence & a fast backline.
I'm just wondering why Canada didn't dish the ball out to the backline more often. The Fijians knew what Canada was going to do & all they had to do was wait for an error, and voila! superstar try for Fiji.
Anyways, I'm going to Steal a crate of Magniers from the LCBO now.
Good Day. [/b]

Fiji would be an awesome rugby league side. Their main weakness seems to be mauls and set pieces. take them out and you've got League, and a winning Fiji side.

Australia have top spot in the bag, fiji struggled against japan and canada are canada i think there may be a possibility that fiji will still find something to get ahead of wales but unlikely, i think they lack the structure of european sides. and southern hemispere sides play basically top level rugby against the best teams in the world all year round.