• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pool D - General discussion

FRANCE IS GONNA DOMINATE THIS POOL BECAUSE THEY HAVE SKILLED PLAYERS AT EVERY POSITION EXCEPT THE CENTRES. [/b]

France's centres are class, especially Jauzion. They are very dodgy at halfback and sometimes in the back row, due to strange selection more than anything.

The best thing in our favour going into the French match will be the fact that the team will feel they have something to prove after screwing up in the 6N in a match that we should have won even without 2 of our crucial players plus O'Driscoll should be captain and not POC which makes a massive difference as well.

rugby_roots you say France will dominate because they have skilled players everywhere except the centres, well I still think Jauzion is one of the top class centres around but they may have skilled players everywhere but do they have the mental strength to match, I have my doubts.

The best thing in our favour going into the French match will be the fact that the team will feel they have something to prove after screwing up in the 6N in a match that we should have won even without 2 of our crucial players plus O'Driscoll should be captain and not POC which makes a massive difference as well.

rugby_roots you say France will dominate because they have skilled players everywhere except the centres, well I still think Jauzion is one of the top class centres around but they may have skilled players everywhere but do they have the mental strength to match, I have my doubts.
[/b]
who said ireland's mental strength was rock solid?

<div class='quotemain'> The best thing in our favour going into the French match will be the fact that the team will feel they have something to prove after screwing up in the 6N in a match that we should have won even without 2 of our crucial players plus O'Driscoll should be captain and not POC which makes a massive difference as well.

[/b]
who said ireland's mental strength was rock solid? [/b][/quote]

where in my post did I say that Ireland's mental strength was rock solid?

This is the more balanced and interesting pool, because Argentina can play at high level.

Luca

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> The best thing in our favour going into the French match will be the fact that the team will feel they have something to prove after screwing up in the 6N in a match that we should have won even without 2 of our crucial players plus O'Driscoll should be captain and not POC which makes a massive difference as well.

[/b]
who said ireland's mental strength was rock solid? [/b][/quote]

where in my post did I say that Ireland's mental strength was rock solid?
[/b][/quote] you didn't, but you question frances mental strength and in the big ireland v france games its nearly always the french with the cooler heads.

Jauzion and Marty are the real deal. In fact, I prefer Marty because Jauz has underperformed a bit in the last couple of years.

And I'm a fan of France's backrow. And I think Mignoni and Skrela are a perfect combination. That is a good team, good squad. The problem is that they'll beat everyone, but tremble with fear before the ABs - and for no good reason. Pah!

Jauzion and Marty are the real deal. In fact, I prefer Marty because Jauz has underperformed a bit in the last couple of years.

And I'm a fan of France's backrow. And I think Mignoni and Skrela are a perfect combination. That is a good team, good squad. The problem is that they'll beat everyone, but tremble with fear before the ABs - and for no good reason. Pah!
[/b]

My bad....i forgot about those two...but I just remember the Centres at the New Zealand tour were crap....they kept on knocking on the ball and knocking on the ball and they couldnt break the New Zealand gain line offensively...however...France showed some great defense with Chabal and that black center.

They should bring back Pepito El Horga at Fullback...that guy can kick..

i think,it will be a battle between Ireland and Argentina to obtain the second place

i think,it will be a battle between Ireland and Argentina to obtain the second place [/b]

I like it - French supporter with a dose of arrogance!

Ireland's pack will match yours, and our backs will tear you a new arsehole.

But I'm still a follower of the Chabala.

I think Ireland and Georgia will battle it out for the 3rd place....

AHAHA

just kidding :lol2tn:

Afraid to make a prediction... God the nerves are starting already - such a tough group

Afraid to make a prediction... God the nerves are starting already - such a tough group
[/b]

At least the Irish will play the The French & Argies later on, so any mistakes/changes can be ironed out.

To be honest I think France were lucky to beat Ireland this year. Ireland had france beat up until the last minute of the game when Murphy gifted them one of the softest trys in recent years. They were very lucky to get that win.

Ireland to top group with Argentina and France battling it out for second.

I think France will win the group and, probably, tournament: They always rise up on RWC important games. Argentina has theyr most experienced and talented squad ever, I think they have the chance of getting to quarterfinals, and get smashed by the All Blacks LOL

Anyway, toughest group, but Pumas are used to it, they always have to play against other 2 top teams in every single RWC. When is going to take Scotland, for instance, that place? Argentina ranks better and deserves it, I think.