• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pool D - General discussion

Its a real bugger that three quality nations have to be in the same group, the fact that one has to miss out. AND second place has to play NZ in the QF, so they will all be trying to get first which France will get imo. Ireland never win against France and cant see them doing so this time around. Argentina juist rely on the forward pack and you see that in matches. Ireland are a great team and really need to play well when it matters most. [/b]
eng 2003 relyed on their foward pack so don't write off argentina.

<div class='quotemain'> Its a real bugger that three quality nations have to be in the same group, the fact that one has to miss out. AND second place has to play NZ in the QF, so they will all be trying to get first which France will get imo. Ireland never win against France and cant see them doing so this time around. Argentina juist rely on the forward pack and you see that in matches. Ireland are a great team and really need to play well when it matters most. [/b]
eng 2003 relyed on their foward pack so don't write off argentina. [/b][/quote]

How one-eyed can you be?

England got to the top of the world rankings in 2003 by using their forwards to gain good ball and grind opposition packs into the ground, before unleashing their criminally underated backs. If you think that England team had nothing outside the scrum then you really are deluding yourself.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Its a real bugger that three quality nations have to be in the same group, the fact that one has to miss out. AND second place has to play NZ in the QF, so they will all be trying to get first which France will get imo. Ireland never win against France and cant see them doing so this time around. Argentina juist rely on the forward pack and you see that in matches. Ireland are a great team and really need to play well when it matters most. [/b]
eng 2003 relyed on their foward pack so don't write off argentina. [/b][/quote]

How one-eyed can you be?

England got to the top of the world rankings in 2003 by using their forwards to gain good ball and grind opposition packs into the ground, before unleashing their criminally underated backs. If you think that England team had nothing outside the scrum then you really are deluding yourself.

[/b][/quote] o wow an englishmen claiming his team had underated backs, i'm suddenly converted. are you sure its me thats deluded? honestly big games against top teams were all won through kicks, defense and negative play at the break down. they had some talented backs but only regularly used johnny. the others found themselves regularly unemployed. now eng has no backs and only decent forwards. i never said they had nothing outside the scrum i said they relied on their forwards i.e lineout scrum and breakdown see thats three things. and of course johnny. argentina also have the kicking first five negative ten man rugby attitude with significantly more flair than eng will ever have.

Watch some European club rugby, then try commenting on Argentina's backs. It's clear you haven't seen much of them or you wouldn't be so quick to write them off.

I'm not going to bother trying to defend my own nation however, as it will undoubtedly brand me as arrogant or see me derided in some other witty manner.

2 Tries in the Final Stages of the RWC - 3 Drop Goals in the Semi Final alone..

I hope we don't see those unleashed English Backs again.

I hope we don't see those unleashed English Backs again. [/b]

Don't be stupid. Most of our backs at the moment are too inexperienced at international level or just plain crap.

2002-2003 backs took it to all the Tri-Nations teams though. Obviously no self respecting Kiwi will admit they were actually good though, as that would grate horribly with the overiding urge to Pom-bash.

Your Backs took it to the Tri Nations Team?

You didn't cross the line against us once in Wellington, and if Mitchell hadn't had Spencer doing the Goal Kicking we would've won that game with ease.

Watch some European club rugby, then try commenting on Argentina's backs. It's clear you haven't seen much of them or you wouldn't be so quick to write them off.

I'm not going to bother trying to defend my own nation however, as it will undoubtedly brand me as arrogant or see me derided in some other witty manner. [/b]
i did make a comment about argentina having flair and do recognise they have some talented backs but they often slide back into old habits and ended up against france (last year) using their talented backs to get into position to kick penalties.

<div class='quotemain'> Watch some European club rugby, then try commenting on Argentina's backs. It's clear you haven't seen much of them or you wouldn't be so quick to write them off.

I'm not going to bother trying to defend my own nation however, as it will undoubtedly brand me as arrogant or see me derided in some other witty manner. [/b]
i did make a comment about argentina having flair and do recognise they have some talented backs but they often slide back into old habits and ended up against france (last year) using their talented backs to get into position to kick penalties.
[/b][/quote]

You are quite right in your comment my friend. It`s true that Pumas have talented backs playing great at level in European club rugby. But as a kiwi, you might have seen Argentina playing against Tri Nation powers, they will try to slow down the game playing pick and go; and near the ruck rugby. , instead of playing outside the 2nd centre . Its a way to avoid stronger phisycal power in the backline,and being exposed to counter attacks performed by monsters like Rocokoko , Toeava, ect.
However Argentina can (and they show it) play outstanding rugby with players like Contepomi, Hernandez Corleto and others

Don't be stupid. Most of our backs at the moment are too inexperienced at international level or just plain crap.

2002-2003 backs took it to all the Tri-Nations teams though. Obviously no self respecting Kiwi will admit they were actually good though, as that would grate horribly with the overiding urge to Pom-bash.
i can count on one hand how many trys were scored by english backs in those games. also that period may include the sa game at twicas were sa had a guy red carded.so there may have been that one game that eng scored a lot of trys but outside that the games were won through kicking honestly that game in wellington your eng backs may not have even scored i think the only try came from a lineout maul.

[

You are quite right in your comment my friend. It`s true that Pumas have talented backs playing great at level in European club rugby. But as a kiwi, you might have seen Argentina playing against Tri Nation powers, they will try to slow down the game playing pick and go; and near the ruck rugby. , instead of playing outside the 2nd centre . Its a way to avoid stronger phisycal power in the backline,and being exposed to counter attacks performed by monsters like Rocokoko , Toeava, ect.
However Argentina can (and they show it) play outstanding rugby with players like Contepomi, Hernandez Corleto and others [/quote] are you talking to me? my post says although they have good backs they end up using them just to get into kicking position i didn't say they ripped good teams apart. i totally agree with you. :huh:

i can count on one hand how many trys were scored by english backs in those games. also that period may include the sa game at twicas were sa had a guy red carded.so there may have been that one game that eng scored a lot of trys but outside that the games were won through kicking honestly that game in wellington your eng backs may not have even scored i think the only try came from a lineout maul.

[

However Argentina can (and they show it) play outstanding rugby with players like Contepomi, Hernandez Corleto and others
are you talking to me? my post says although they have good backs they end up using them just to get into kicking position i didn't say they ripped good teams apart. i totally agree with you. :huh:
[/quote]pumas will top this pool and are looking like the dark horses to take out the cup. Will fall to nz

There's nothing wrong with relying on great forwards. If Ireland had Ibanez I'd be quite chuffed...

I hope we don't see those unleashed English Backs again. [/b]

Didn't you say something similar a couple of weeks ago, before Mortlock hit your midfield like a midnight rottweiler scrumping on a fried-chicken carcass outside the chip shop?

My prediction:

France
Ireland
Argentina
Georgia
Namibia

Matches to watch:

France vs Ireland
Ireland vs Argentina
France vs Argentina

[/quote]pumas will top this pool and are looking like the dark horses to take out the cup. Will fall to nz
[/quote] are you suggesting arg will make the final if so your dreaming.

There's nothing wrong with relying on great forwards. If Ireland had Ibanez I'd be quite chuffed...

[/b]
ibanez who brought him up? i've only seen him against the abs but i wasn't impressed.

<div class='quotemain'>I hope we don't see those unleashed English Backs again. [/b]

Didn't you say something similar a couple of weeks ago, before Mortlock hit your midfield like a midnight rottweiler scrumping on a fried-chicken carcass outside the chip shop?

[/b][/quote] and the english have been ripped up by nonu whats your point? none of the english backs are as good as mortlock and our defence was better last night.

<div class='quotemain'>I hope we don't see those unleashed English Backs again. [/b]

[/b][/quote]

What, You mean when it took Mortlock 60 minutes and the All Blacks to be down for 14 men to actually do anything against the 4th String Centre Combonation that had 36 hours to prepare?

EVERYBODY KNOWS FRANCE IS GONNA TOP THIS POOL
NAMIBIA IS SLOW PACED AND CANT KEEP UP WITH THE FAST RUGBY.
ARGENTINA LACK THE RUGBY MENTALY.
IRELAND IS JUST SOFT ALL AROUND...THEY LACK TUFFNESS.

FRANCE IS GONNA DOMINATE THIS POOL BECAUSE THEY HAVE SKILLED PLAYERS AT EVERY POSITION EXCEPT THE CENTRES.

EVERYBODY KNOWS FRANCE IS GONNA TOP THIS POOL
NAMIBIA IS SLOW PACED AND CANT KEEP UP WITH THE FAST RUGBY.
ARGENTINA LACK THE RUGBY MENTALY.
IRELAND IS JUST SOFT ALL AROUND...THEY LACK TUFFNESS.

FRANCE IS GONNA DOMINATE THIS POOL BECAUSE THEY HAVE SKILLED PLAYERS AT EVERY POSITION EXCEPT THE CENTRES. [/b]

Jauzion and Marty are quite skilled actually, I think they are among the best Centres in Europe. What the French Team misses is a real number 8 since Laporte want to play Chabal in the second row. They don't have that much back-up either on for the props since Marconnet is not fully fit. They have even called Nicolas Mas to Marcoussis to be able to start training their scrum with real opposition.