• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pool D - General discussion

1) Ireland
2) France
3) Argentina
4) Georgia
5) Namibia

Discuss... [/b]

Don`t be so sure. I think Argentina wil beat or France or Ireland, (not both of them) and qualify. France is a great team, and will surely qualify.

My guess is:

1 France

2 Argentina

3 Ireland

4 Georgia

5 Namibia

Lucky for you Wales is not in this group, it would share the last place with Georgia.

<div class='quotemain'> Allez la franceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I Hope France will be Champion of the world same the france football team in 1998 but Ireland and Argentina are very very good team and this pool will be hard. [/b]
you can keep hoping but the odds aren't good first you have to get out of the pool of death and then you'll quite possibbly have to beat new zealand and south africa , you could even play nz in the quarters. B) [/b][/quote]

Well I guess that in the end it will depend a lot on the injuries and who is left for the matchs from the QF. NZ have the best back-up and so it looks like that they won't suffer as much as the other teams.

france may have too many easy games to win the world cup [/b]

You say so, now back it up. That's not certain anyways. Even the All Blacks won't find it that easy I believe, in fact all World Cup champions did not make it the easy way out except Australia against France in 1999 :bleh!: . France were definitely underdogs.

Argentina's tough forwards will get the puma's going forward and create space for their flashy backline. The irish are too straightup and down, boring rugby. france can ply ll round the field

Argentina's tough forwards will get the puma's going forward and create space for their flashy backline. The irish are too straightup and down, boring rugby. france can ply ll round the field [/b]

As much as it pains me to agree with ed (he's a loser.. HAR HAR), hes right about the Irish. They dont have the flair to do well against the Argentinians or France. As long as Argentina dont give away too many penalties, they should be sorted to beat Ireland, and France should have enough class to beat both. Ireland are too average heading into the Cup, not poor, but no one in the team is a great that will lift them up.

The irish are too straightup and down, boring rugby.[/b]

Are you thinking of the same team as everyone else? The one with probably the best centre combination in the world?

Just checking, because your view of their playing style seems very warped.

Ireland are doomed. Pay no attention to them. For the boys in green, it is the END.

I'm off down to Paddy Power's to get new odds - might even go for a decent spread over Argentina.

I concede that when i said Ireland had no great at the moment i had a lapse and totally forgot about O'Driscoll. But the man in real life is not the BOD of Rugby 06, and cannot win a game by himself!

My French, not good speak english.

France champion Vitcory world cup

France Team : Sebastien Chabal (Sea Bass) respect new-zealand people.

France: Frederick Michalak Good player

France very good team, and Ireland very good, Argentine good

2 qualified France and Ireland

C'est bon, zenart. Irelande premier, France deuxieme. Bon chance contre les Blacks.

I think that France, Argentina and Ireland all have good chances of winning through. The problem wll be who turns up to play. These three teams are famous for their inconsistency e.g France v New Zealand 1999 then France v Australia, two different teams.

I think we (Ireland) will beat France and lose to Argentina. We lost to France after a last minute try in the spring and we had Shane Horgan at 12 and BOD and Stringer in the stand. Argentina/Ireland (when first 15's are playing) is always close, just as we are due a victory over France they are due on over us.

I think we (Ireland) will beat France and lose to Argentina. We lost to France after a last minute try in the spring and we had Shane Horgan at 12 and BOD and Stringer in the stand. Argentina/Ireland (when first 15's are playing) is always close, just as we are due a victory over France they are due on over us. [/b]

We'll see, your match versus France is the third so Ireland may already have some players unavailable due to injuries and I think that Ireland will need their first XV to defeat either France or Argentina or both. Even with the first XV it's not sure that Ireland will be able to defeat France in Paris, this has not happened since 2000 as far as I remember.

What usually happens when Ireland play France is Ireland start slowly and France score loads, in the second half Ireland score a lot but still get hammered(03,06). This year we started off very slowly but France on put one try up. We were 4 points clear with a minute left and France scored a try which would not have been scored if BOD was playing. It will be tough but i think we will do it.