• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pool D - General discussion

Obviously Argentina will change but it's a question if they or Ireland will change more.

<div class='quotemain'>
I know they hadn't alot of their main players there either like but still you can't really look at the 2 tests and say who'll win or not. But we do have a better idea of how they'll play.
[/b]

Why? You think they will keep the same game plan although they will have aboard then players such as Hernandez, Pichot, Bosch, Corleto, Hasan, Roncero, Ledesma, etc.
[/b][/quote]

No but Argentina do tend to compete mainly up front in the scrum while we've the ability to run at them and I'm just saying that our actuall backline should be able to open them up alot more then the lads on Saturday did and as for our forwards well our back is better then the one we had on Sat but even if they do struggle we can still the match. Argentina, well of the matches I've seen, that I can think of, didn't seem to have alot attacking wise, in the back line like, I could be wrong, it might of changed but what I can remember they never could really work together and strng together plays.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
I know they hadn't alot of their main players there either like but still you can't really look at the 2 tests and say who'll win or not. But we do have a better idea of how they'll play.
[/b]

Why? You think they will keep the same game plan although they will have aboard then players such as Hernandez, Pichot, Bosch, Corleto, Hasan, Roncero, Ledesma, etc.
[/b][/quote]

No but Argentina do tend to compete mainly up front in the scrum while we've the ability to run at them and I'm just saying that our actuall backline should be able to open them up alot more then the lads on Saturday did and as for our forwards well our back is better then the one we had on Sat but even if they do struggle we can still the match. Argentina, well of the matches I've seen, that I can think of, didn't seem to have alot attacking wise, in the back line like, I could be wrong, it might of changed but what I can remember they never could really work together and strng together plays.
[/b][/quote]

This is not what I saw last November when they played France at the Stade de France. They were very inspired. They were strong in the scrums and in the rucks but also backs showing some flair. Actually I think this is the main improvement of the Pumas but this is not really a surprise if you can follow them in the Top14.

[/b]
Cant run the ball if you dont win set pieces and control the breakdown,this will be a ugly game with the winner being the team whos pack plays the best.

Very difficult one.
I think France will top it and Ireland probably 2nd but they rely a lot on a couple of players and without them they wouldn't be as good.
If Argentina really show up on the day though they could do anything and beat France and Ireland.

this is the toughest pool of all anyone of 3 teams could finish top Argintina have played well in there last 2 tests beating ireland twice and they beat france last year aswell i think they will be top

I didn't see the French test in November, or the two Irish tests in Argentina.

What I gather is that the Pumas have weak support in the forwards, and Ireland have weak support in the backline. Both teams will have tight defence and both outhalfs will nail their points.

All square? No. Still confident Ireland will beat the Pumas comfortably in 3 months, because our first choice backline will slice them, no matter how gritty their defence. A less florid version of what we did to Italy in the 6N.

I suppose it's not worth commenting that I have no idea how France will do? C'mon - home advantage, set up for the final conquest of les ABs - what more could you want? Problem is there's not a lot of talent out wide in the French team. And I'm still waiting for Jauzion to live up to his reputation.

this is the toughest pool of all anyone of 3 teams could finish top Argintina have played well in there last 2 tests beating ireland twice and they beat france last year aswell i think they will be top
[/b]

They didn't defeat France last year although the score was very close. They defeated France in Marseille in 2004.

<div class='quotemain'>
Oi! Munster weren't "annihilated" - they were just outplayed by the next champions of Europe. And we let the Welsh have that one because we're preparing to be the next champions of the World.

I'm confident that Ireland and France will send Argentina packing with points to spare. Ireland have the measure of France, but les Bleus should make Stade de France advantage pay. This group could end up a lot more cut and dried than we imagine.

But I hate it when Redunderthebed makes predictions - he gets them right.
[/b]

Ya Munster weren't "annihialated" ya fine they were "out Munster-ed" but still like, they faught to the end, fine they played nowhere near as good as they could and Scarlets took advantage of it. I'm not making excuses but Munster and Leinster have a massive disadvantage compared to any of the Welsh, English and French teams, more then half of the Munster team were away on international duties, (the same with Leinster,) they hadn't played together for more then 2 and a half months, they were without their captain Paul O Connell which was a massive, massive blow and they'd a few other injuries aswell, they were tired and lacked that..I don't know, spark..it just was missing that night, taking all that into account and the fact that most of the starting Munster players played for all, if not most, of a massively competitive 6 Nations..they weren't "annihialated" Scarlets were just fresher and more alert, while Munster played tired, disjointed rugby but we played and faught right to the end. I'm not making excuses, they played badly but atleast they faught to the end.
But on another day Munster really could of put it to them, and beat them, saying that though I think that Scarlets will go on and win the Heineken Cup..anyone but Leicester..PLEASE!!
[/b][/quote] what peice of **** team wouldn't fight to the end and just saying your not making excuses doesn't change the fact that you're making excuses. either they got wasted or they didn't what was the score. B)

woah this is a wel tough group

Would anyone else be unsurprised to see France get knocked out? Its way too close to call

money on france to go through and then i'd say Argentina could just upset the odds!

anyone know where these 3 teams are placed in the world rankings atm?

or, recent history and fistures between them?

anyone know where these 3 teams are placed in the world rankings atm?

or, recent history and fistures between them?
[/b]
argentina(world ranking6)have won 4 of the last five five matches against france(world ranking2).france narrowly beat ireland in the six nations(the most recent match between the two)and ireland are ranked fifth narrowly ahead of arg after a 0-2 series loss to them although niether team was full strength. B)

My guess is that France top the pool and Ireland(hopefully) get runner up spot but then they probably have to face New Zealand.

Since the rugby world cup first started this is probaby the toughest group ever.

Argentina, France and Ireland are all capable of winning the group in my opinion. However I think that it will end up with France the winners and Ireland as runner-ups.

Still...

Argentina are more than able to provide an upset (and let's face it it wouldn't really be that huge of an upset if the Pumas beat either or both of them).

This is going to be a very entertaining group.

Allez la franceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I Hope France will be Champion of the world same the france football team in 1998 but Ireland and Argentina are very very good team and this pool will be hard.

Allez la franceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I Hope France will be Champion of the world same the france football team in 1998 but Ireland and Argentina are very very good team and this pool will be hard. [/b]
you can keep hoping but the odds aren't good first you have to get out of the pool of death and then you'll quite possibbly have to beat new zealand and south africa , you could even play nz in the quarters. B)