• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

~ Potential International Super Clash ~

I didn't see much of a problem with giving us a good majority of the gate.

NZ wanted more money than England would get from it (or at least that was the issue that arose last time this happened).

It's the opposite of Dr. Evil's problem... "We want... one hundred trillion dollars!"

Seriously though... I'm glad this isn't happening.

NZ wanted more money than England would get from it (or at least that was the issue that arose last time this happened).

Yeah, I don't really see the problem with that? It's an impromptu invite from the RU for us to go out of our way, it seemed like a fair compromise for us to get more money. Besides, we need to money a lot more than you.

If it was just a regular organized fixture then of course gates should be shared, but given the circumstances here, they should have given a bigger carrot to dangle.

I didn't see much of a problem with giving us a good majority of the gate. It's an impromptu invite & a chance to measure yourselves more than anything, why should we be obliged or goaded into this match?

The request was made a little too prematurely on your behalf as well, making it prior to the Irish game took away some of your focus I believe. Thinking too far ahead.

yes, because the players were the ones negotiating the deal for the match

yes, because the players were the ones negotiating the deal for the match

Oh come on. We all know the players would have been well aware the RU had requested a match with the All Blacks earlier that week.

I'm sure any sports psychologist would tell you that wasn't the best timing. They should have waited until after the Ireland match so there was absolutely no disruptions to their focus.

Oh come on. We all know the players would have been well aware the RU had requested a match with the All Blacks earlier that week.

I'm sure any sports psychologist would tell you that wasn't the best timing. They should have waited until after the Ireland match so there was absolutely no disruptions to their focus.

but players are always aware of matches coming up afterwards

but players are always aware of matches coming up afterwards

This was an outright challenge and an impromptu request from the RU. Not an pre-planned fixture. It was in the media & the RU was already looking ahead of the Ireland match. Rule of thumb in sport. You take one game at a time.

This was an outright challenge and an impromptu request from the RU. Not an pre-planned fixture. It was in the media & the RU was already looking ahead of the Ireland match. Rule of thumb in sport. You take one game at a time.

and what makes you think the players weren't doing that?

and what makes you think the players weren't doing that?

Because they lost to side who isn't as good as them and it doesn't take someone with a phD in sports psychology to realize challenging The All Blacks prior to playing Ireland is going to have an effect on their mentality. Use a little intuition here thanks.

Refer to All Blacks 2007 QF. Henry talking about the SF before we even played France.

Because they lost to side who isn't as good as them and it doesn't take someone with a phD in sports psychology to realize challenging The All Blacks prior to playing Ireland is going to have an effect on their mentality. Use a little intuition here thanks.

Refer to All Blacks 2007 QF. Henry talking about the SF before we even played France.

they lost by 4 points on the road to a team that beat the all blacks just a couple months ago

this game was less of an upset than new zealand losing to ireland

they lost by 4 points on the road to a team that beat the all blacks just a couple months ago

this game was less of an upset than new zealand losing to ireland

Regardless.

The RU shouldn't have done anything that could undermine or shift their focus before their next match. Simple as that.

The All Blacks weren't going anywhere. They could easily have made the invitation after the match. Which would have been the appropriate time.

Regardless.

The RU shouldn't have done anything that could undermine or shift their focus before their next match. Simple as that.

The All Blacks weren't going anywhere. They could easily have made the invitation after the match. Which would have been the appropriate time.
I agree. There was plenty of time left to talk about it afterwards, so why bring it up that early? It's not as if they were in a hurry.

Regardless.

Agreed ! It was a crazy time to bring it up when there was 3 months after that game to talk about it before the summer tours ....

sounds like a great match to help grow the game in america; preferably in Washington D.C.

Why DC? That would be a waste of an opportunity. Dallas, Houston, Chicago, Kansas City, Denver, Los Angeles or East Rutherford would make much more sense.

Latest posts