• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PR - 100 days to go: Form XVs for RWC!

New Zealand: 15 Mils Muliana, 14 Ben Smith, 13 Conrad Smith, 12 Sonny Bill Williams, 11 Zac Guildford, 10 Dan Carter, 9 Jimmy Cowan, 8 Kieran Read, 7 Richie McCaw, 6 Adam Thomson, 5 Brad Thorn, 4 Jarrad Hoeata, 3 Ben Franks, 2 Keven Mealamu, 1 Wyatt Crockett.
Not considered due to injury: Sam Whitelock, Isaia Toeava, Israel Dagg, Sean Maitland.

My New Zealand form team: 15.Ben Smith 14.Sitivini Sivivatu 13.Conrad Smith 12.Ma'a Nonu 11.Zac Guilford 10.Dan Carter 9.Piri Weepu 8.Kieran Read 7.Richie McCaw 6.Liam Messem 5.Brad Thorn 4.Anthony Boric 3.Ben Franks 2.Keven Mealamu 1.Jamie Mackintosh

SBW been playing rubbish lately why i put Ma'a in at 12
Weepu for Cowan i just don't like Cowan
Messem been playing awesome

Australia: 15 Kurtley Beale, 14 James O'Connor, 13 Digby Ioane, 12 Matt Giteau, 11 Cameron Shepherd, 10 Quade Cooper, 9 Will Genia, 8 Ben McCalman, 7 David Pocock, 6 Scott Higginbotham, 5 Nathan Sharpe, 4 Sam Wykes, 3 James Slipper, 2 Tatafu Polota-Nau, 1 Benn Robinson.
Not considered due to injury: Rocky Elsom, Wycliff Palu, Drew Mitchell, Salesi Ma'afu, Huia Edmonds, Rod Davies.

Australia's XV looks pretty strange...

Cameron Shepherd has performed better than Beale at fullback in the last 5 matches... Hard to leave out AAC from the starting XV, even if now he's playing on the left wing (bad management by the Brumbies), but all along last year he showed he's THE outside centre for Aus. I don't rate Ioane ahead of him in that position. Maybe Fainga'a is now a candidate for the n. 13 jersey.
Wykes for Horwill? mmm...Wykes is playing well, but come on...

15 Shepherd, 14 O'Connor, 13 Ashley-Cooper/A. Fainga'a, 12 Giteau, 11 Ioane, 10 Cooper, 9 Genia, 8 McCalman, 7 Pocock, 6 Higginbotham, 5 Sharpe, 4 Horwill, 3 Slipper, 2 TPN, 1 Benn Robinson

16 Moore, 17 Alexander, 18 Wykes, 19 Matt Hodgson/Beau Robinson (injuried but for 3-5 wks), 20 Burgess, 21 Beale, 22 A.Fainga'a/Ashley-Cooper​

No, AAC has been terrible from game 1 this year. I'd go as far as saying that he is in a worse form slump than Habana. Habana's has been going on for an age but AAC is in a bigger ditch at the moment IMO. Beale has been consistently great at 15. Not setting the world alight at 10 but that was just to cover for injuries in the Tahs squad. Its weird that they put JOC on the wing when he has been playing inside for the Force but they'll (PR) say that Deans has had JOC at wing and with the lack of other stand-out wingers I'm inclined to agree I guess. Pity about Mitchell; the form SH winger last year and in S XV up until his injury. I agree with you RE Ioane on the other wing and Fainga'a at 13. The rest pretty much pick themselves with the only real question marks being decisions between Pocock/Robinson and Moore/TPN IMO. I don't know enough about Aus' locks to be any judge on the lock to accompany Sharpe. I'd have Hugh Pyle actually I guess.

Also, now that I hink about the Rebels. Not on form but Mortlock has a good case to get into the RWC squad. Not starting but I think his leadership off field might be priceless. Mark Gerrard has been the form Rebels player IMO and was the pick of the Aussie lpayers for me in 2009 before he went off to Japan. Even though he's been played out of position at 13 I wouldn't be surprised to see his name come up for Aus this RWC.

New Zealand: 15 Mils Muliana, 14 Ben Smith, 13 Conrad Smith, 12 Sonny Bill Williams, 11 Zac Guildford, 10 Dan Carter, 9 Jimmy Cowan, 8 Kieran Read, 7 Richie McCaw, 6 Adam Thomson, 5 Brad Thorn, 4 Jarrad Hoeata, 3 Ben Franks, 2 Keven Mealamu, 1 Wyatt Crockett.
Not considered due to injury: Sam Whitelock, Isaia Toeava, Israel Dagg, Sean Maitland.

My New Zealand form team: 15.Ben Smith 14.Sitivini Sivivatu 13.Conrad Smith 12.Ma'a Nonu 11.Zac Guilford 10.Dan Carter 9.Piri Weepu 8.Kieran Read 7.Richie McCaw 6.Liam Messem 5.Brad Thorn 4.Anthony Boric 3.Ben Franks 2.Keven Mealamu 1.Jamie Mackintosh

SBW been playing rubbish lately why i put Ma'a in at 12
Weepu for Cowan i just don't like Cowan
Messem been playing awesome

Piri Weepu has been the from NZ halfback???????????? He has played two games off the bench this season, and has looked miles off the pace!

So 5 matches out of a whole season? :p

He's an openside, Johnson is just daft.

In fairness all his rugby prior to this season was at blindside.

But it should also be noted in the 6N Wood regularly packed down on the openside despite wearing 6.

Also, neither him or Lewis Moody are Chris Robshaw.

No, AAC has been terrible from game 1 this year. I'd go as far as saying that he is in a worse form slump than Habana. Habana's has been going on for an age but AAC is in a bigger ditch at the moment IMO. Beale has been consistently great at 15. Not setting the world alight at 10 but that was just to cover for injuries in the Tahs squad. Its weird that they put JOC on the wing when he has been playing inside for the Force but they'll (PR) say that Deans has had JOC at wing and with the lack of other stand-out wingers I'm inclined to agree I guess. Pity about Mitchell; the form SH winger last year and in S XV up until his injury. I agree with you RE Ioane on the other wing and Fainga'a at 13. The rest pretty much pick themselves with the only real question marks being decisions between Pocock/Robinson and Moore/TPN IMO. I don't know enough about Aus' locks to be any judge on the lock to accompany Sharpe. I'd have Hugh Pyle actually I guess.

Also, now that I hink about the Rebels. Not on form but Mortlock has a good case to get into the RWC squad. Not starting but I think his leadership off field might be priceless. Mark Gerrard has been the form Rebels player IMO and was the pick of the Aussie lpayers for me in 2009 before he went off to Japan. Even though he's been played out of position at 13 I wouldn't be surprised to see his name come up for Aus this RWC.

AAC has been shifted to left wing, but I don't know why... he always tries to do something, he always raises his hand up in every match, but from the left wing you can't change a match. Brumbies have been poor in finishing all this season, but I think the problem is back among the centres, who makes bad choice.
The fact is: he is no more a wing. He's played outside centre with the Wallabies in 2010 (due to injuries to Mortlock and Horne), and he was great! Previously he was playing full back, but Beale has a longer kick and he attacks better the open spaces.

And switching Ioane 13 who's played 1 or 2 matches in that position this year, is not the solution...

Bah..

Agree with Mortlock, as I wrote in Australia for RWC thread... his experience will be gold for the team, and he's performing pretty well.

Last edited:
It's just stupid leaving Bowe out he is one of the best wingers in the world.Luke Fitzgerald,on form?????Whoever wrote this hasn't been watching him since his injury obviously

Latest posts