• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pre Season games.

Didn't realise Gomer-Davies had moved to the Scarlets! Rate him quite highly, always did a good job for the Dragons, occaisionally injury prone though. He will definitely have a chance to try and cement his place in the squad considering it's very likely that Jon Davies and Scott Williams will be in the Welsh World Cup squad. Come to think of it, what other centres do the Scarlets have? Apart from those three, I can't think of any, especially since Regan King has gone!

EDIT: Just remembered Gareth Maule! Still, off the top of my head can't think of any more though.

Gareth Maule is injured which is why we bought Gomer-Davies. Nic Reynolds can play centre but he's usually played for us on the wing as far as I can remember. But we've probably got a few more in the academy;)

Dragons currently 40-12 up against Russia, tries from Jason Tovey, Joe Bedford, Steffan Jones, Adam Hughes, Mike Poole and Pat Leach so far. Russia have scored two of their own, though I don't know who scored 'em. There's about ten minutes to go.

Neath 15 - 34 Ulster

Ulster Tries: John Burns, Craig Gilroy, Robbie Diack, Blane Mcllroy, Peter Nelson and Paddy Jackson was kicking.

Not sure who scored for Neath, sorry.

Leinster 14-Rebels 13. Ruddock and Hudson. Pyle and Kingi. Leinster looked more dangerous when they hung on to the ball.

Last edited:
Sale Sharks 22 - 28 Edinburgh

Not a great result - the team had a load of academy players in though, so I'm happy enough
Intercept try given away in first few minutes to Edinburgh was the difference

Tries for Sale from:
Tuculet, Hall (academy), Taylor (academy), Amesbury

Tries for Edinburgh from:
Visser, Brown, Visser

Tigers 38 - 3 Lyon

Hamilton x2, Allen, Waldrom, Grindal. Twelvetrees was kicking over Ford.

Bristol 40-7 up at half time against Clifton, Bristols best club side.

Won 87-7 in end.

Last edited:
<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HQG6IA4Ep1w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ugh, I hate that place, too many French people.

Its lovely apart from that though.

Ulster finished beating Harlequins 22-5. Tries from Gilroy, P. Marshall, and Faloon for Ulster. Dickson got Quins' score. Considering that Ulster were missing (arguably) 11 of their strongest line-up, very impressive result.

Sale Sharks 28 - 0 Glasgow
Tries by Miller, Seymour and a Penalty Try from the scrum

Leinster 14 - 19 Northampton
Leinster with two tries (Harris-Wright and Carr), Saints with one (Diggin)

Latest posts