• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pre-season Thread

The Sarries beat Connacht 22-5 with tries from Richard Skuse, Kameli Ratuvou, Kelly Brown and a penalty try

Ospreys went down 14-24 at home to Gloucester yesterday. It was ******* down and we had another gyppo side out so wharreva.

Scarlets beat Worcester 43-13

Scarlets: Tries – R Priestland, R King, M Roberts (2), D Welch, G Maule; cons – Priestland (6); pen – Priestland.
Warriors: Try – C Gillies; pens – A Goode (3).

Apparently, Preistland's been doing a lot of work on his kicking, getting 100% of his kicks- including two touchline conversions.

London Irish beat the Dragons at Rodney Parade, so they aren't looking in any shape to defend their only-two-home-losses-all-season streak.

Dragons: Tries: N Griffiths, D Bishop. Pens: J Tovey (2). Cons: J Tovey, M Jones
London Irish: Tries: T Ojo, G Stowers (2). Pens: R Lamb (4). Cons: R Lamb (3)

The Blues also came out victorious against Exeter. They where 26-9 up at one point, but let the lead slip a bit, but still kept control, winning 26-21.

Exeter Chiefs: Tries: Jess, Steenson; Con: Steenson; Pens: Steenson (3)
Cardiff Blues: Tries: James, Czekaj, Brown, Shanklin; Cons: Sweeney (3)

Good to see Shanklin back on form. Not so much Tom James.

Bristol beat Clifton RFC 40-7

Marsden 2 Tries,Moss 1 Try, Barry 1 Try, Montagu 1 Try, Merriman 1 Try, Little 4 Conversions, Jarvis 1 Conversion.

In a bit of good news Nicky Little has signed the amended contract offer and will therefore be able to play in the first league game against Rotherham next Sunday.

Bristol beat Clifton RFC 40-7

Marsden 2 Tries,Moss 1 Try, Barry 1 Try, Montagu 1 Try, Merriman 1 Try, Little 4 Conversions, Jarvis 1 Conversion.

In a bit of good news Nicky Little has signed the amended contract offer and will therefore be able to play in the first league game against Rotherham next Sunday.

Congratulations, even though Clifton aren't great!

Do you even know who Clifton are :p
I've been to Cliffton. It's near to/in Bristol. There's a nice Italian in the town centre. The Rugby club, though? *Googles* They cater for up to 70 year olds! Any pensioners on the pitch against Bristol?

And in other news, the Cardiff Blues have vowed to put out their strongest side on Friday against the Dragons, Martyn Williams' testimonial game.

Leicester's final friendly, and probable starting XV for Northampton. Not quite sure where Croft is, I don't remember reading that he's injured.

Leicester Tigers: 15 Geordan Murphy (c), 14 Scott Hamilton, 13 Matt Smith, 12 Anthony Allen, 11 Alesana Tuilagi, 10 Toby Flood, 9 Ben Youngs; 1 Marcos Ayerza, 2 George Chuter, 3 Martin Castrogiovanni, 4 Calum Green, 5 George Skivington, 6 Craig Newby, 7 Ben Woods, 8 Thomas Waldrom

Replacements: Boris Stankovich, Rob Hawkins, Dan Cole, Dave Markham, Ed Slater, Ben Pienaar, Tom Armes, James Grindal, Jeremy Staunton, Lee Robinson, Manu Tuilagi, Dan Hipkiss, Horacio Agulla, Billy Twelvetreees

Leinster: 15 Luke Fitzgerald, 14 David Kearney, 13 Eoin O'Malley, 12 Fergus McFadden, 11 Niall Morris, 10 Ian McKinley, 9 Isaac Boss; 1 Heinke van der Merwe, 2 Richardt Strauss, 3 Simon Shawe, 4 Nathan Hines, 5 Devin Toner, 6 Dominic Ryan, 7 Sean O'Brien (c), 8 Stephen Keogh.

Replacements: Jason Harris-Wright, Jack McGrath, Stewart Maguire, Ed O'Donoghue, Paul Ryan, Paul O'Donohoe, Isa Nacewa, Michael Keating, Mariano Galarza, Eoin Sheriff, Ian Madigan, Eamonn Sheridan

Saracens beat Treviso 32-12 last night in our final friendly! We've had a fine pre season.

Blues are playing the Dragons tommorow night, a game I was going to go and see, but my cousin's developed a tuma on their kidney, so I'm having to go down to Kent instead to look after his sister. (PLEASE NO ONE SAY ANYTHING.) Anyway, the Blues have named their team:

15. Chris Czekaj 14. Leigh Halfpenny 13. Casey Laulala 12. Tom Shanklin 11. Tom James 10. Dan Parks 9. Richie Rees
8. Xavier Rush 7. Martyn Williams 6. Maama Molitika 5. Paul ***o (c) 4. Bradley Davies 3. Scott Andrews 2. Rhys Williams 1. Tom Davies

Replacements16. Sam Hobbs 17. Kristian Dacey 18. John Yapp 19. Deiniol Jones 20. James Down 21. Tom Brown 22. Michael Paterson 23. Sam Warburton 24. Lloyd Williams 25. Ceri Sweeney 26. Gavin Evans 27. Richard Mustoe

A decent team, Ben Blair's in New Zealand, Gethin's still not recovered and god knows where Filise is, but besides that, it's pretty much their strongest side. Dan Parks is making his debut, too.

Currently 7-0 to the Blues, try from Molitika, converted by Dan Parks.

Scarlets where 17-3 up at half-time, tries from Andy Fenby and Iestyn Thomas.

Sale 28 - 6 Benneton Treviso

Tries from Williams, MacLeod and Seymor
Apparently Paul Williams had another massive game, sounds like Brewer made an excellent move in snapping him up

Leicester 37-14 Leinster. Two tries from big Tuilagi, one fom his baby brother, and Hipkiss and Penalty. (The acadamies also played, 32-30, last kick drop goal by Ford to win it.)

Leicester 37-14 Leinster. Two tries from big Tuilagi, one fom his baby brother, and Hipkiss and Penalty. (The acadamies also played, 32-30, last kick drop goal by Ford to win it.)
Were you at either of the games?

I heard that Leinster played quite well in the 1st half (of the "senior" game) but were torn apart in the 2nd half when Leicester's greater strength in depth told. Leicester apparently bossed the scrum too.

In the u20s game Leinster had an 8 point lead going into injury time but conceded a penalty try and a drop goal. Not a bad result for Leinster who had a few u19 players in their team and were also without a couple of others who've been promoted to the full squad.

Were you at either of the games?

I heard that Leinster played quite well in the 1st half (of the "senior" game) but were torn apart in the 2nd half when Leicester's greater strength in depth told. Leicester apparently bossed the scrum too.
No, I wasn't, but a couple of posts on the forum say it was fairly even to start with.

Latest posts