• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Prem players who don’t play on artificial turf

They shouldn't have to. Its bad for skin, joints and muscles. It really is quite baffling that Premiership clubs are allowed anything other than proper grass or the strengthened Desso stuff. Silly amount of money in the game and yet we still have 4G pitches. They're pushed at local level for good reasons but theres no excuse for clubs like Falcons, Worcs and Sarries.

Okay I am taking my words back I am sorry :(

You don't have to be sorry. if you don't like Nowell that's fine but you should say why, even if its a silly reason (like his ratty hair). This is so we can all discuss stuff and enjoy some rugby banter.

We all have players we dislike even if the reasons are silly. There's a dime a dozen people who hate, Hartley or a Farrell or a Haskell for example but Nowell is a new one (hair aside).

I dislike Robshaw, i think he's a slow, looks out of shape and is so un-athletic. I wouldn't start him in the quins back row let alone being England quality. There you go, a random dislike.

Fair enough. I mainly play centre and I find I get more knee issues on 4G. Also Some of the burns I've had have been horrendous.
I'm still a young'un so things like knee issues haven't really hit me yet, but I do agree that the burns can be pretty awful.

I'm sure playing on 4G's like running on a magic carpet, makes skills easier, promotes running rugby, saves the planet by avoiding having to wash muddy kit and can be used for other things yada yada.

It's like a screw cap on a bottle of wine. Very functional and practical, but just bloody wrong. And while I'm in full dinosaur mode, contrary to what the Welsh think it's also an outdoor game. And a winter one at that!

Could never happen in a 4G world....

upload_2019-1-16_20-13-19.png

I'm sure playing on 4G's like running on a magic carpet, makes skills easier, promotes running rugby, saves the planet by avoiding having to wash muddy kit and can be used for other things yada yada.

It's like a screw cap on a bottle of wine. Very functional and practical, but just bloody wrong. And while I'm in full dinosaur mode, contrary to what the Welsh think it's also an outdoor game. And a winter one at that!

Could never happen in a 4G world....

View attachment 7033
What smelly b*stard doesn't wash their kit just because there isn't mud on it?

What smelly b*stard doesn't wash their kit just because there isn't mud on it?
Probably most single, not living with girlfriend or parents, pre millennials every other week :)

Was being facetious, but come to think of it there was the first game of a season where a mate bought my kit along after it had sat in his car all summer after the last game of the previous season. Slightly on the musty side but no-one died.

Probably most single, not living with girlfriend or parents, pre millennials every other week :)

Was being facetious, but come to think of it there was the first game of a season where a mate bought my kit along after it had sat in his car all summer after the last game of the previous season. Slightly on the musty side but no-one died.
Horrendous.

I'm 17. Weirdly, the oldest player in my club's 1st XV is only 27. Average age is about 22.

Edit: Actually, thinking about it, with everyone available 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14 and 15 are all still eligible for U20s.

Last edited:
Wow. I'm 32 and retired from playing after several disc problems in my lower back.

Btw don't herniate your discs kids, it's bloody painful.

Wow. I'm 32 and retired from playing after several disc problems in my lower back.

Btw don't herniate your discs kids, it's bloody painful.

Would symptoms of this include a shooting pain down ya leg and a tingly foot/elbow on one side of your body?..

Latest posts