• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 18/19 - Rd 17

Nah I seriously Tigers are in a bad state.
Not like we have a vocal fan base to lift the teams spirits either.
Tigers have some of the most pompous, snobs of a fans in the whole country, who turn up in numbers but are as vocal as a mute monk.
Ahem.
Have you been to the Rec?

Well I'd love it if that happened, but most of our signings are pretty modest and are essentially replacing a massive clear out.

If you're looking for clubs splashing the cash, look at Sale. If the rumours are true, they've signed about 5 big names from SA (du Preez x3, van der Merwe, Kitshoff.

Well Maxwell Keys is a truly atrocious ref and did everything he could to give the game to Sale.

Glad we won. Some huge individual performances.

And I dont often comment on fans but there was nearly a punch up in the stands as drunken group of sale fans were swearing and being disgusting with loads of kids around...despite being asked by the families to calm it down.

So a few groups of us had to tell them to calm down.

Kitshoff staying in SA now, apparently - think he was one of their main targets when coming up with the central contract system

Well Maxwell Keys is a truly atrocious ref and did everything he could to give the game to Sale.
Hilarious

Tbh while there are issues across the squad I think the biggest issue that the Tigers forwards on the whole are distinctly average for the premiership. There are a couple of players like Genge who stand out, but especially in the second row and back row, there isn't much to get excited about. On top it doesn't feel like any of these players have really progressed which suggests either the coaching isn't good enough or the players don't feel the need to improve and are resting on their laurels.

Tbh while there are issues across the squad I think the biggest issue that the Tigers forwards on the whole are distinctly average for the premiership. There are a couple of players like Genge who stand out, but especially in the second row and back row, there isn't much to get excited about. On top it doesn't feel like any of these players have really progressed which suggests either the coaching isn't good enough or the players don't feel the need to improve and are resting on their laurels.
That is a real worry for england players at tigers, if it is lack of coaching then players like genge who have alot of potential but may not develop as well as they could. Youngs still has the issues he used to, ford has been good but not great. May has improved over the last few years but by all accounts he works extreamly hard to be the best at what he does so that may not be down to coaching

Back three looks weak for Tigers

I don't know a lot about their squad but there's a massive drop off between May and the rest.
I rate Olowofela but he looked poor at 15 yesterday - and the double barrelled surname on the wing looked like a deer caught in the headlights.
Spend big on a 15 and put Olowofela to the wing and build from there.

Edit:
Just remembered Jonah Holmes exists - very talented player but I'd still say a fullback should be a priority signing with him and Jordan fighting for the wing spot

Double edit: Veianu as well.
Thinking about it maybe they should spend big on physios and doctors to try and deal with the constant injury crisis

That is a real worry for england players at tigers, if it is lack of coaching then players like genge who have alot of potential but may not develop as well as they could. Youngs still has the issues he used to, ford has been good but not great. May has improved over the last few years but by all accounts he works extreamly hard to be the best at what he does so that may not be down to coaching

TBF to Genge he came as a 4th choice LH in the championship and has developed to a England player, Stankovich is IMO the best front row coach in the league.

TBF to Genge he came as a 4th choice LH in the championship and has developed to a England player, Stankovich is IMO the best front row coach in the league.

Laughable ********.

He came to you as one of the most promising English age grade props.

This is like when Wales Online talk about how Underhill was "unearthed" from the English game, despite the fact he had already played for the Gloucester 1st team and was England u18 captain.

Laughable ********.

He came to you as one of the most promising English age grade props.

This is like when Wales Online talk about how Underhill was "unearthed" from the English game, despite the fact he had already played for the Gloucester 1st team and was England u18 captain.

How is my comment laughable?
I said he was 3rd/4th choice LH at Bristol - Which he was.
I didn't say he didn't have potential did I? I didn't say we unearthed him did I? I said he developed to International player which he did.

He had 4 starts in the Championship before moving.

So explain how my comment is laughable or wrong?
Or are you trying to read between the lines and say something I didn't say?

Or was he in fact an International standard player whilst at Bristol who thought his scrummaging wasn't ready to be a regular in the Championship 23?....

Taking credit for someone who was always incredibly likely to become an international player.

It's laughable.

It's like Bath taking credit for the likes of Anthony Watson or Cokanasiga being international quality.

Sure you can take some credit for either not ******* it up or doing the process well, but he would likely have become an international no-matter which club he went to.

And did I say we can take all the credit for him? Did I discredit Bristol?
He has developed into an International rugby player, it's a fact. Especially in the scrums.
Bristol certainly gave him the foundation on top of his excellent raw talent with his strength but he was still struggling in the scrums before he joined us.

Did I say he wouldn't have done it elsewhere?
Again you trying to say I am saying stuff I didn't type.

You took my comment and read way too much into it.

Joseph starting brightly, apart from that pass.

Edit: LD again embarrassing himself. Definite crawling.

Latest posts