• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 18/19 - Rd 21

Who would have thought that we finally give big Joe the ball a few times and he has 2 huge contributions leading to a try

Wasps realistically out of top 6.

Could see Sale getting a TBP win v Gloucester
Bath v Tigers will be massive game for Bath. Prob a 5 pointer.

Nice to see the high risk rewarded.

Boourns
Hopefully Gloucester rest a bunch of players in anticipation of their play off game, and tigers find some form

Who would have thought that we finally give big Joe the ball a few times and he has 2 huge contributions leading to a try
Whilst Austin kept going on about Coka (and he is damned good), it's not like Ant, JJ and Ruaridh were having bad games.

Equally, Austin going on about not knowing why we'd want the TBP admit wouldn't put us 4th. No, but it gives us a better chance at top 6 , and keeping ahead of Sale (and Wasps, and Bristol, and a chance to get ahead of Quins)

Last edited:
Funny thing is he actually overran both passes! He's just so damn good it didn't matter either time. Class player

Whilst Austin kept going on about Coka (and he is damned good), it's not like Ant, JJ and Ruaridh were having bad games.
Absolutely. Ruaridh was fantastic, even if I can't spell either of his names

Boourns
Hopefully Gloucester rest a bunch of players in anticipation of their play off game, and tigers find some form[/QUOTE]
giphy.gif
[

Boourns
Hopefully Gloucester rest a bunch of players in anticipation of their play off game, and tigers find some form
18/05/19

Wasps v Harlequins - both have everything to play for, Wasps want European rugby Quins want a play off. Home advantage to clinch a close, entertaining match.
Exeter v Northampton - Saints want a play off, Exeter will want to make sure there's no rust. Exeter don't lose at home.
Leicester v Bath - Leicester have only pride to play for, Bath hunting top 6. Can Bath string 2 matches together?
Newcastle v Bristol - meh, who cares. Bristol could grab European rugby, but they'll need 3 other matches to fall their way.
Sale v Gloucester - Sale have everything to play for, Glos just need to keep the rust at bay. I can't pick this one, Glos are better than Sale by about as much as home advantage and motivation tip things.
Worcester v Saracens - Ouch, glorified training run.

If Saracens win the Heineken cup does 7th place get into next year's HEC?

Odds are the winner is never going to not qualify right? So I would have thought the normal rules apply and there's a special clause covering the unlikely event that the holder doesn't qualify?

But they might already be qualified?
Then, IIRC there's a play off between Prem 7th, Top14 7th and Rabo 9th&10th.
I think that's right anyway.

Actually, I have a feeling that might be the case regardless of Challenge cup winner (or maybe they get one of the Rabo's 2 places if they fail to qualify by rights)

In accordance with a decision of the EPCR Board comprising the nine unions, federations and league bodies, the 20th place in the Heineken Champions Cup will be determined as follows:

i) Heineken Champions Cup winner, if not already qualified
ii) Challenge Cup winner, if not already qualified
iii) Challenge Cup losing finalist, if not already qualified
iv) Play-off match between the losing Challenge Cup semi-finalists, if not already qualified
v) Highest ranked non-qualified club by virtue of league position from the same league as the Heineken Champions Cup winner

La Rochelle and Clermont will almost definitely qualify via league place, so would iv) mean us vs Harlequins, except they're going to qualify regardless so we get it by default?

Latest posts