• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 18/19 Round 8

Still think Lozowski needs to be playing at 13 for England. His handling and speed are ideal and his tackling is good as well. Would really give another dimension as 2nd playmaker, with ability to run good lines. In fact how about Faz, Barrett, Loz and midfield to start 6N.

Bwahah, Dan Cole with quote of the day "if he catches that he scores, I'm sorry sir but thats ********"

Still think Lozowski needs to be playing at 13 for England. His handling and speed are ideal and his tackling is good as well.

Unfortunately for him, he didn't really prove any of that against Japan.

Everyone seems to want to shake things up at 13 but it's not the problem position. England put Slade in to play the exact role you're talking about and then didn't bother to use him. He ended up being a dummy runner or hitting rucks. You could put any of Lozowski, Slade, Daly or JJ at 13 with the same result at present.

Totally in the mould of Conrad Smith, think he would be better than Slade in England team.
Would like to have seen Te'o and Loz working together, like Nonu and Smith did for ABs.

I liked this post as I also think Lozowski would do better than Slade has for England (that's not hard though considering how underwhelming Slade has been). However, I think the Conrad Smith comparison is more than a bit generous and I'm not a fan of Te'o, but I get the theory.

Unfortunately for Lozowski, his role in a poor performance against Japan has put paid to that being tried.

It irritates me that he got hauled off after a couple of missed tackles when others (such as Slade) seem to get away with playing consistently poorly without any real consequence.

I get that Eddie was probably persevering with Slade on the hope that he would replicate his Exeter form, but JJ and Tuilagi being unavailable gave him the chance to start 6 of the last 7 games and make a real claim for the 13 shirt and he really hasn't done that. He's been at best anonymous and at worst downright poor.

I'd sort of agree with Triple Exe's point if he hadn't missed a lot of tackles and made a lot of basic errors.

On which websites can i read more in detail about played premiership matches? for instance id like to see how certain players performed. Maybe a journalist giving ratings or commentary. There are a few players i need to follow playing for Sale, one for Exeter, one for Saints and one for Wasps. The BBC had the best articles but was still vague, sky only had match details and the Premiership website is useless as they just cover the bare basics such as where and when.

I need to know how these players played, why some werent picked for the squad etc does such a thing exist in England? You can easily find such match reports for Super rugby games.

I have been visiting club websites such as Sale and Exeter but they will obviously be very subjective towards themselves and their players therefore a journalists opinion would be appreciated. Also their coverage leaves a lot to be desired.

Latest posts