• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 19/20 - Rd 21

Hands on his hand. Word of the law that's not a red surely

Straight red, no questions asked.
The actions of the tackled player do not absolve the tackler from their illegality.
There shouldn't really be a debate, tbh
Smith and Simmonds are much better (and Smith is a year younger)
At this moment in time - yes, but I don't think that's the question. The question is about who's got the higher ceiling of the 3.

Straight red, no questions asked.
The actions of the tackled player do not absolve the tackler from their illegality.
I absolutely agree that should be the case but as far as I am aware it's not.

He didn't land on his neck or shoulder. He would have, but he didn't.

Dombrandts got to get a game (at least) at 8 for England this autumn
He's always been great on highlights but his fundamentals as an 8 are fantastic too

I absolutely agree that should be the case but as far as I am aware it's not.

He didn't land on his neck or shoulder. He would have, but he didn't.
The way the decision is made in these situations though is they account for if a player puts their arm out to prevent their head hitting the floor. If it's deemed their head or neck would have hit the floor without them defending themselves then it is deemed a red. Been that way for a while.

Willis and Dombrandt both been having good games. Earl as well and that is a whole new back row we can experiment with after the 6N... Well this is a nice position to be in that England have not experienced for a long time.

Ei_0a_sXgAENToC

Weird.

11-15 is four centres and a fullback (with the fullback on the wing)
Ok so just noticed this...seems very odd

But from an attacking point of view could work well. Manu crash ball dummy run narrowing 12 and 13, miss to S James with choice of short and long to LJames or RJVR vs Naiaravoro. RJVR making a break down the wing channel could be tasty.

But positionally in defence they could be exploted and especially by Biggers kicking game.

Dombrandts got to get a game (at least) at 8 for England this autumn
He's always been great on highlights but his fundamentals as an 8 are fantastic too
Agreed, he can only bennefit from being with England. He does seem a very intelligent rugby player. Runs good lines and seen him attempt and pull off intercepts in the past as well as the fundamentals as you said.

Curry Willis Dombrandt, 20. Underhill/Earl/ Simmonds/Mercer and obv cant totally discount Billy.

But that back row could be very effective after its bedded in. And thats even harsh on who ever is on the bench spot.

Aaaaaaand Manu's crocked

Good job we've got 4 centres in the starting lineup today I guess

Edit: and one on the bench? I guess AJ is injured?
Wtf

If Tuilagi is going to contribute to this long-term vision, then the simple truth is that he needs to play more than he did at Leicester Tigers. "The key is getting Manu into 15-16 games for Sale," Diamond said.

"He hasn't managed to do that over the years. The first thing is the care and detail — understand his body, know exactly what he needs and then see when we utilise that. It's also important to understand that it's all about the daily training regime. It's not about numbers of matches played.

"It's that non-contact mentality at training which I like, and then get them revved up for Saturday or Sunday or Friday night, whenever they play.

"I don't know what Leicester did and I don't ask too many questions, if I'm honest, because it's all about what we are doing here. It will be getting to know what works for him before we make a decision on where we push him and what direction we push him in, in the training phase."

Latest posts