• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 19/20 - Rd 21

Hill having a shocker since he's come on
He was always good and never great at Chiefs. Good solid prem player but will make mistakes and i doubt will be good enoigh to step up a level but still a good player to have.

For all the praise Earl, Willis, Simmonds etc. have been getting, Curry consistently shows that he is absolutely top of the pile.
Tbh i with all the talk of all them is who will partner Curry in the back row.

There was no need for RJVR to attempt a bosh there; easily could've scored if he'd just pinned his ears back for the corner.

What a pass by JLDP to RJVR. As said should have pinned his ears back but still good try.

For all the praise Earl, Willis, Simmonds etc. have been getting, Curry consistently shows that he is absolutely top of the pile.
I think Curry and Underhill are both great in their positions and would be happy to stick with them, it would just be interesting to see how good the alternatives are. Don't want a situation like in the last WC cycle where we only had 2, didn't look at any alternatives for 4 years then 1 falls out of grace and we are dancing with potentially being in a WC with both starters and benchers who have next to no caps.

Billy V though I actively think we need to replace.

I think Curry and Underhill are both great in their positions and would be happy to stick with them, it would just be interesting to see how good the alternatives are. Don't want a situation like in the last WC cycle where we only had 2, didn't look at any alternatives for 4 years then 1 falls out of grace and we are dancing with potentially being in a WC with both starters and benchers who have next to no caps.

Billy V though I actively think we need to replace.
Oh yeah I can definitely get on board with that. I'm just saying that when it comes to a 1st choice side Curry is the first name on the sheet IMO. It's just a case of finding what shirt he's going to wear/who's going to make up the back row with him.

I officially withdraw all support for Sam James for England based on that stupid bit of blonde at the back of his head. Looks atrocious.

Pat Lam going to be praying Chiefs and Sarries put out strong sides on sunday.

Pat Lam going to be praying Chiefs and Sarries put out strong sides on sunday.

I can see Sarries maybe as a last hurrah, go out with a win. I can't see Exeter playing a strong side having secured top spot and having the Champions Cup final on the 17th and also then the playoffs, which I assume are the weekend of the 10th/11th. Honestly 3 big knockout games in a row, I don't know why they would risk players on a game that is essentially pointless for them. Based off that, assuming Bristol get all 5 points tomorrow, I can see Bath missing out unless they beat Sarries. I expect Bristol, Wasps and Sale to all win their games. Considering there should be only 2 points separating the 2nd-5th, any win would be enough if Bath lose to Sarries.

Surely with Manu out, it must see the potential inclusion of Ollie Lawrence in the centres.. the guys is dynamite and still offers the Manu skills and some of the physicality.

So Hill/Ewels for Lawes, Lawrence for Manu and anyone else injured.... looks like we might get a whole new squad :D

Ewels is already in the EPS,
If we bring in Hill for Kruis then Lawes being injured leaves the door open for an extra backrower (as that's where he was playing) - that or Isiekwe (as a 4/6 hybrid, as Lawes was being used), who was comfortably the best Saints player last night

What's Lawrence's form like since lockdown? I think I've only watched Worcester once and he wasn't great. Most likely option is Redpath as he's been training with the England squad for two(?) years now

Surely with Manu out, it must see the potential inclusion of Ollie Lawrence in the centres.. the guys is dynamite and still offers the Manu skills and some of the physicality.

So Hill/Ewels for Lawes, Lawrence for Manu and anyone else injured.... looks like we might get a whole new squad :D
Would it not be better to redress the imbalance of the squad and swap Manu for an actual, real, Inside Centre?

Ewels is already in the EPS,
If we bring in Hill for Kruis then Lawes being injured leaves the door open for an extra backrower (seeing as that's where he was playing)

What's Lawrence's form like since lockdown? I think I've only watched Worcester once and he wasn't great
TBF having watched worcester a few times since lockdown, think he's look fairly useful and must be a long term prospect? I haven't seen many english inside centres who are on form at the moment. I personally think it's too early for Redpath but tbh without Farrell at 12 is there really anyone else sticking there hand up? or in fact, legitimate England 12's in general? Maybe one of the James's? Slade? Ryan Mills ? (Broken Toe) , marchant? but again all natural 13's really.....

no idea which backrower he would pick... you have Vunipola, Underhill, Curry, Ludlham, Lawes, Earl and Hill... so likely you will keep Vunipola, Curry, Underhill and Earl.... think the other two could lose out to Willis, Curry or Simmonds.

Sorry off topic but just got me thinking.

Latest posts