W
L
W
L
W
L
W
Currently L

Almost looks like a pattern...........................

Is it only me that hates this BT thing of having home players commentate games?
I didn't know it was a thing; but I've always said that ex-players shouldn't commentate on their own teams. It's simply not fair to ask them to be unbiased; but they need to be anyway.

So no Jiffy on Wales matches; no Dayglo on Wasps matches, etc etc
Of course, that would mean that Andy Goode wouldn't be able to commentate on any cub matches. Oh dear. What a pity.

I didn't know it was a thing;
They started it recently, think it's only on the BT Extra games, because before they were just one commentator on his own

Last sale game had Jake Cooper-Wooley, this week has Christian Day

I don't mind it tbh - the games I've watched the players have at least pretended to be impartial, and they have much more insight into the modern game than a lot of the ex pros

They started it recently, think it's only on the BT Extra games, because before they were just one commentator on his own
TBH, that's fair then - they're trying to cover all 6 matches in a weekend and only have so many commentators to go around; and it makes way more sense to invite a host player than anyone else

No issues at all with guest players from the home side, Worcester's Niall Annett has been the best of the bunch so far IMO. Clearly enjoys rugby too with big appreciation of opposition set piece and the like, informative and would be happy for him to refer to Worcester as "we" if he chose to.

Has a post-playing career beckoning if he so choses.

Love when we have the ball, kick out on the full, give away a penalty at the lineout, give away another 10yds for backchat, and then the opposition kick 3pts

Quirke is some talent, especially at only 19
J-j-j-jacked as well - built more like a flanker than a scrumhalf

Quirke is some talent, especially at only 19
J-j-j-jacked as well - built more like a flanker than a scrumhalf
Not convinced by the bits I've seen so far to be brutally honest, will be keeping a closer eye in future. But then again I believe Andy Uren still one of the most underrated 9s in the land. :p

Postives for you is that you don't have to put up with that tinny Saints post-match music every other week?

Honest question: how??
He's only made four senior appearances but I've not seen him put a step wrong, not even close
Not wrong but not outstanding, eg; passes can be a bit wayward, looping and slow. Kicking/control? I like bossy 9s who dictate too and not seen much, if any of that.

Not saying he's not going to be a premiership 9 because he clearly should (is) make the grade but not seen anything to convince me that he's particularly exceptional/international just yet. Can't recall much before this match. You would know more than me however, bit like me going back to Uren as an example being the more rounded/complete 9 than Randall prior to injury which thrust the latter into the spotlight given Bristol's climb up the table.

We'll have to agree to disagree :p
Quirkes pass is much quicker than Faf/Cliff, and his box kick has been excellent so far
Hard to judge his control as he's been brought off the bench to inject pace in the final quarter but I'm very much looking forward to seeing him get a start (which I imagine will be sooner rather than later)

Yeah, the whole starting 9 thing could well paint a different picture given role/intent.

Latest posts