• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 20/21 - Rd 16

Legit,
What is happening haha - "end to end" doesn't begin to cover it

We'll call back Curtis or Wilkinson from loan
Wilkinson was 2nd choice last season when AJ was injured
Thanks for info. Can't remember much of Wilkinson but I must have seen him play.

Think Sale going to win this, as long as fitness holds and it should.

Glaws have some fantastic players but not on same page/confidence isn't there.

Feels like the floodgates will open at some point - but for the bounce of a ball LRZ would already have two tries by now,
We can't keep this intensity up, a man down, for 40 more mins

I'm not sure it's the bounce but rather his dealing with balls on the ground. If I was Sale halfback I'd be putting them on the floor behind LRZ all game, suits being down a man also and he's looking really uncomfortable even passing at the moment. Just make sure he can't take a ball standing because he's going to cause problems running directly back.

Going to watch Exeter game after this (recording it) which should take me through to the Bristol game at 5. Absolitely fiending it today.

These missed forward passes are killing me,

At least it's consistent, though, I guess - as I think there was one in the build up to one of our tries that went missed (TMO checked potential knock ons in the build up but not a, imo, blatant forward pass)

These missed forward passes are killing me,
Think they've favoured your lads on the whole but happy for it to be given for letting game flow and consistency.

Bet you're nervous! Great finish coming up.

Sale when the ref reaches for his pocket
1618666175521.png

Swear we do better with less men on the field

Incredibly frustrating at times, but what an effort to not let heads drop playing an hour a man down and come out with the win

Tom Curry comfortably man of the match, he's just immense

Really good performance there, best side won. Hung on for dear life before finding second wind and closing it out, really impressive.

MOTM: Sale front row? Yarde looks hella classy and Sam James put in a huge shift too. Ackerman for Glaws was outstanding, how long left on his contract? Wouldn't mind him taking the short trip down the M5 to Bris as we need a backup 8 as Mitch Eadie can't seem to get in the side.

Honestly wouldn't be against George McGuigan getting a cap over the summer if LCD and George are away

We've got some good u20s-age-ish hookers knocking about, but wouldn't be against a more experienced guy touring as well (though, obviously, Dunn fills that role too - and deserves to improve his minutes-to-cap ratio)

Been saying this for a while now but Ben Earl shouldn't be playing, bench at best. So far out of form it's silly. Poor Mitch Eadie did far less wrong and got sidelined.

Think officials have only been reffing one side so far though. Falcons playing them like a fiddle (and getting away with dirt, pondering a law change where if you have to sub via foul play penalty it doesn't count as a sub or something) but thems the breaks. We aren't at the EU Cup corruption levels.

Honestly wouldn't be against George McGuigan getting a cap over the summer if LCD and George are away

We've got some good u20s-age-ish hookers knocking about, but wouldn't be against a more experienced guy touring as well (though, obviously, Dunn fills that role too - and deserves to improve his minutes-to-cap ratio)
Capon is the starting England age group hooker (and has captained?), surely he's next in line?

Capon is the starting England age group hooker (and has captained?), surely he's next in line?
Like I said:
We've got some good u20s-age-ish hookers knocking about, but wouldn't be against a more experienced guy touring as well

I imagine we'll take two hookers (3 if you count Barbeary), so one of the young kids (i.e. Capon) and one more experienced (i.e. Dunn or McGuigan) would work well, especially as we'll likely be taking some inexperienced props along so having an older head in the mix would be good

People are sometimes too quick to want to push Front row forwards into the squad.
Look at Boyce.
(Edit: will say if it is more a capture cap I can understand picking youth front row though)

This Quins v Worcester game is tough watching.
Quins aren't even trying.

If it were me I'd give Dunn a run, and that's saying something given his Barfer status.

Then again if I'm Eddie Jones this year I'd have been starting LCD with Dunn on the bench and George out of the match day squad or back at his club finding form.

Latest posts