• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 20/21 - Rd 18

You're embarrassing yourself by admitting you follow/read the waffle that fat useless **** puts out, tbf
I blocked Goode a few years ago and my timeline is so much better for it

Im not on social media so don't follow him or nothing. Just listen to the pod but I listen to loads of pods. I actually don't mind him tbh. Always seems reasonably fair. Naturally there's some stuff I disagree with him on and other stuff that I agree with him on but that's just standard really.

I don't really see how that's embarrassing. It's not like I worship the bloke or anything. I listen to the pod more for Hamilton as he can amuse me.

Maybe you know stuff about him that I'm unaware of, though? I just thought it interesting seeing as I was getting slated on here as a biased Welshman who apparently has never played the game couldn't possibly give a objective opinion on it but here was an English ex professional player who said he thinks he did it deliberately. You might say he doesn't really believe he did do it deliberately and is just saying he did to be a **** but I see no reason why he would do that. It's not like he spent any time on it either, it was literally a few seconds at the end of the pod so he clearly wasn't doing it for attention otherwise he would've dedicated more time to it. I think he probably knows the guy pretty well too.

Im not on social media so don't follow him or nothing. Just listen to the pod but I listen to loads of pods. I actually don't mind him tbh. Always seems reasonably fair. Naturally there's some stuff I disagree with him on and other stuff that I agree with him on but that's just standard really.

I don't really see how that's embarrassing. It's not like I worship the bloke or anything. I listen to the pod more for Hamilton as he can amuse me.

Maybe you know stuff about him that I'm unaware of, though? I just thought it interesting seeing as I was getting slated on here as a biased Welshman who apparently has never played the game couldn't possibly give a objective opinion on it but here was an English ex professional player who said he thinks he did it deliberately. You might say he doesn't really believe he did do it deliberately and is just saying he did to be a **** but I see no reason why he would do that. It's not like he spent any time on it either, it was literally a few seconds at the end of the pod so he clearly wasn't doing it for attention otherwise he would've dedicated more time to it. I think he probably knows the guy pretty well too.
Again you've twisted things.

You were called bias for going about his previous which we've covered. Goode didn't say that.

Secondly Goode supports what I said not what you did.

You are making yourself look rather foolish by dying on the anti Brown campaign.

Edit: are you sure you arnt vally commando? I remember him actor the same as this? He was adamant Dam Davies would be the lions 10 which was a great one

Last edited:
Again you've twisted things.

You were called bias for going about his previous which we've covered. Goode didn't say that.

Secondly Goode supports what I said not what you did.

You are making yourself look rather foolish by dying on the anti Brown campaign.
You what? I said numerous times that while I think what he did to Murray was intentional (and I feel more confident in that position knowing what he did on the weekend) that I didn't need that to support my argument and that you should look at the case on it's own.

How has he supported what you were saying. Maybe I missed it but did you at any point admit or offer the view that Brown stamped on him deliberately?

I don't know why you've got to constantly try and belittle me. It's doesn't make you look very good or do anything for your arguments, mate. Asking me if I know what basic words mean or asking me if I'm some troll isn't really necessary.

Anyway, if you said he did it deliberately and agree with me and Goode Inapologise I missed it. I was under the impression you thought it was a innocent accident.

I don't know why you've got to constantly try and belittle me. It's doesn't make you look very good or do anything for your arguments, mate. Asking me if I know what basic words mean or asking me if I'm some troll isn't really necessary.

Anyway, if you said he did it deliberately and agree with me and Goode Inapologise I missed it. I was under the impression you thought it was a innocent accident.
I'm not belittling you, just correcting your incorrect statements. Repetitive shouldn't be used to describe two different events over a long playing career.

What you said was incorrect.

I'm not belittling you, just correcting your incorrect statements. Repetitive shouldn't be used to describe two different events over a long playing career.

What you said was incorrect.
Ok cool, I thought I already gave my explanation of that but you obviously don't accept it which is fine.

Do you want to clarify what you mean when you say what I said was wrong or are you just talking about the "repetitive" thing still?

Ok cool, I thought I already gave my explanation of that but you obviously don't accept it which is fine.

Do you want to clarify what you mean when you say what I said was wrong or are you just talking about the "repetitive" thing still?
Just the repetitive bit.

I fully understand how the event can be open to interpretation and how some think it's intentional and others not. But the whole point about his previous was the thing that I do not accept. I don't see that as opinion more facts looking at his previous record.

Anyone let's leave it be now and get back to the lions threat where we can have all 4 important nations fighting together against the lesser foes in the south.

Just the repetitive bit.

I fully understand how the event can be open to interpretation and how some think it's intentional and others not. But the whole point about his previous was the thing that I do not accept. I don't see that as opinion more facts looking at his previous record.

Anyone let's leave it be now and get back to the lions threat where we can have all 4 important nations fighting together against the lesser foes in the south.
Ok, I disagree but we're obviously just going round in circles and we're never going to see it the same way plus it's pointless anyway as can't really conclusively prove it one way or other. Go well.

I love how open the RFU are now with suspensions.
Prob the best thing they had done in years.
AFAIK they've always been open with this information. The difference is that now they're creating these graphics to make the information easier to understand and publicising them.

I absolutely agree that it's a good idea. It turns the 10-15 minute job of reading the hearing transcript and processing the information into a one minute job of looking at the salient points. It also saves a lot of shitposts from people who don't understand how the citing process works or what the committee found (although I still read people saying that Brown's actions were deliberate today when the graphic made clear that the committee didn't think that it was.

AFAIK they've always been open with this information. The difference is that now they're creating these graphics to make the information easier to understand and publicising them.

I absolutely agree that it's a good idea. It turns the 10-15 minute job of reading the hearing transcript and processing the information into a one minute job of looking at the salient points. It also saves a lot of shitposts from people who don't understand how the citing process works or what the committee found (although I still read people saying that Brown's actions were deliberate today when the graphic made clear that the committee didn't think that it was.
The committee not thinking it was deliberate isn't proof it wasn't. Browns not exactly going to say "yeah I did it on purpose" is he.

They were never going to say this was deliberate when the player is saying it wasn't and they can't prove it was.

As I've already said, an English ex professional rugby player (who probably knows him and rugby better than any of us) looked at it and said he thinks it's a deliberate stamp.

We'll never know, only Brown knows what was going through his head. I think he lashed out, I assume you think he was off balance or something. Cool.

Yet...you are?
Well yeah. I think he's lying, obviously. I can't prove it but I don't find the "he was off balance" line even remotely plausible. Or that he had no idea where the player was or basically any other story that has been put forward. To me it looks like he's lashed out. I assume you think he was off balance and trying to gain his footing or something. As I said, cool. Unless one of us has a mind reading device that we can use on him we'll never know.

I do wonder if it was Liam Williams or someone whether you guys would be saying the same stuff. I seriously, seriously doubt it. I would, though. But I'm amazing.

The committee not thinking it was deliberate isn't proof it wasn't. Browns not exactly going to say "yeah I did it on purpose" is he.

They were never going to say this was deliberate when the player is saying it wasn't and they can't prove it was.

As I've already said, an English ex professional rugby player (who probably knows him and rugby better than any of us) looked at it and said he thinks it's a deliberate stamp.

We'll never know, only Brown knows what was going through his head. I think he lashed out, I assume you think he was off balance or something. Cool.
Lol, it's not an honour system. It's a pseudo-legal system, so the committee have to make a decision based on the evidence available and the balance of probability within the framework that they have in a manner that would stand up to genuine legal scrutiny if referred to it.

It doesn't matter what you, me or an English ex professional thinks, it is a matter of fact within the rugby judiciary that he was not guilty of doing it deliberately, so is treated accordingly. If you're still struggling with this concept, try erecting a "Paddy Jackson is a rapist" billboard opposite London Irish's new ground and see how it plays out.

I do wonder if it was Liam Williams or someone whether you guys would be saying the same stuff. I seriously, seriously doubt it. I would, though. But I'm amazing.
Honestly think you're reading way too much into all of this

I don't give a **** about the incident at all - thought he deserved a 6 week ban for it (mid point, no reduction) he got a 6 week ban for it (high entry point, halved)
He'll miss out Quins play off run, and the opportunity to play in front of the crowd at the stoop one last time after such a long and storied career.
Fair punishment, move on.

Lol, it's not an honour system. It's a pseudo-legal system, so the committee have to make a decision based on the evidence available and the balance of probability within the framework that they have in a manner that would stand up to genuine legal scrutiny if referred to it.

It doesn't matter what you, me or an English ex professional thinks, it is a matter of fact within the rugby judiciary that he was not guilty of doing it deliberately, so is treated accordingly. If you're still struggling with this concept, try erecting a "Paddy Jackson is a rapist" billboard opposite London Irish's new ground and see how it plays out.

None of what you said, or what the committee ruled, proves he didn't do it deliberately.

Also, these committee men aren't rugby people, they're likely a bunch of old white dudes who have never played the game before. I'd rather trust my instinct (as someone who's played a lot of rugby) and that of a professional rugby player who actually knows Mike Brown personally over the committee men but that's just me.

Honestly think you're reading way too much into all of this

I don't give a **** about the incident at all - thought he deserved a 6 week ban for it (mid point, no reduction) he got a 6 week ban for it (high entry point, halved)
He'll miss out Quins play off run, and the opportunity to play in front of the crowd at the stoop one last time after such a long and storied career.
Fair punishment, move on.
This I agree with. I've said before it's not even the worst thing ever done and he's got banned for it so all good.

I don't know you welll but from the little I do, and knowing you play, I reckon you know he knew what he was doing. Might be wrong though. Don't worry, you don't have to admit it

I don't think I said it on here, but I think he either intended on "accidentally" standing on an arm or shoulder, or meant to stand next to the head to try and intimidate/express frustration at being held at the ruck.
He definitely meant to put his foot on/near TT, as he know he was there/looked at him

I don't believe he intentionally trod on his face though - Brown is a chippy ********, but he's not a violent sociopath.
Stamping on someone's face is Callum Clarke territory and hand on heart I don't believe Brown would do something like that.

Latest posts