• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 20/21 - Rd 18

None of what you said, or what the committee ruled, proves he didn't do it deliberately.

Also, these committee men aren't rugby people, they're likely a bunch of old white dudes who have never played the game before. I'd rather trust my instinct (as someone who's played a lot of rugby) and that of a professional rugby player who actually knows Mike Brown personally over the committee men but that's just me.
As I've already said, it's a pseudo-legal system, meaning that it follows the same principles as our real legal system. He is innocent until proved guilty, there is insufficient evidence to prove him guilty, so he is innocent.

The composition of these committees and their credentials are a matter of public record. Maybe you should take a look before making assumptions. That said, no doubt you'll find some fatuous reason why your unfounded opinion should override the principles that the nation and game are run on, applied by respected experts in their field.

None of what you said, or what the committee ruled, proves he didn't do it deliberately.

Also, these committee men aren't rugby people, they're likely a bunch of old white dudes who have never played the game before. I'd rather trust my instinct (as someone who's played a lot of rugby) and that of a professional rugby player who actually knows Mike Brown personally over the committee men but that's just me.
Rob vickerman was on it I believe. Names are available somewhere

As I've already said, it's a pseudo-legal system, meaning that it follows the same principles as our real legal system. He is innocent until proved guilty, there is insufficient evidence to prove him guilty, so he is innocent.

The composition of these committees and their credentials are a matter of public record. Maybe you should take a look before making assumptions. That said, no doubt you'll find some fatuous reason why your unfounded opinion should override the principles that the nation and game are run on, applied by respected experts in their field.
Nah, fair enough, I shouldn't have said that comment about the panel. They're still wrong, but it wasn't called for.

I obviously accept that technically speaking he's been found innocent of any intentional stamping but this is what I'm debating/challenging.

As TRF believes (or any rational person in my opinion) there is clearly intent, that much is obvious and not really debatable for me it's so clear, it just becomes a matter of whether it was meant for his head or not.

If he said to the panel "I didn't mean to stamp on his head I was aiming for his shoulder" what do you think they would've done? So it's a matter of truth and whether it was told. I doubt it but it's done now and the ban is more or less fair. Maybe he did tell the truth and they were happy that he was the one being fouled in the first place?

Brown appealing.

Free my boy, he ain't do nothing
I'd have thought that he has decent grounds - getting a top end sanction seems harsh given that the committee concluded that the offence was accidental. I know that this needs to be weighed off against the degree of danger that his reckless actions led to, but it still feels harsh.

Latest posts