• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 20/21 - Rd 19

Bit of a strange round, with some games delayed so that they can have crowds

Bit of a strange round, with some games delayed so that they can have crowds
Northern ********, not letting the crowds in!

Quite honestly though, every round this season is "a bit of a strange round" what with ring fencing, crowdless stadia, and earlier rounds given way to Covid protocols

Northern ********, not letting the crowds in!
Yeah, it was a weird one leaving it up to the clubs to decide - don't get why we didn't just take it, as there's no games next weekend so having a Monday/Tuesday game wouldn't effect preparation

Unless they could only shift three games? Maybe the BT contracts say they have to have a Friday night game?

Yeah, it was a weird one leaving it up to the clubs to decide - don't get why we didn't just take it, as there's no games next weekend so having a Monday/Tuesday game wouldn't effect preparation

Unless they could only shift three games? Maybe the BT contracts say they have to have a Friday night game?
Dunno about BT contracts; but I do know that Bath's management are blaming Sale's management.
It sounds like it needed the agreement of all 3 parties (2 clubs + BT), and that BT were fine (let's face it, they much prefer having crowds in than the fake-atmosphere they've been trying to use).
I would guess that Sale's management thought of it as being similar to the roof at the Millenium - and advantage they don't have to give the home side; and didn't really think beyond that. It comes across as churlish though after the year everyone's had; but c'est la vie. I can't say I'm personally worked up about it - I wouldn't be going anyway; and I'm struggling to be worked up about anything rugby related this year

For the other matches, I couldn't say - but I can't imagine any of the home clubs would prefer not to have crowds.
Wasps vs Wuss certainly wouldn't have any BT input, as they're not even showing that on a main channel.

Dunno about BT contracts; but I do know that Bath's management are blaming Sale's management.
Aye, I've heard the same: We definitely said no to the change - I'd presumed it was because we had a game the next weekend, without checking the calendar

All I can think is that we've promised players a full week off the following week and don't want to go back on it ‍
Or maybe it's the NH Springboks training camp or something?
Indiferencia Shrug GIF

Just gives Hooper something to bring up in the team talk

For the other matches, I couldn't say - but I can't imagine any of the home clubs would prefer not to have crowds.
Tigers are playing the Challenge Cup final the following Friday so I can see them prioritising a proper rest between games over having a crowd in. As you say though Wasps vs Worcester is a bit of a mystery.

Ah well, there's naff all worth watching on a Monday & Tuesday night so I'll take it

Falcons saints on Monday should be an entertainer...so long as we come out and play...

Bath_Away_GP_TeamNews_TwitterFB-1024x576.jpg

Great to see Ben back

Edit: Just seen it's Jean-Luc's 50th appearance for Sale - that's mad! Still feels like a new player - he's now played more for us than any other club in his career

Last edited:
I met Jean Luc in the Maldives. Nice guy.

I really wanted to chat to him about all things rugby but I left him to it since he was chilling on the beach in his budgie smugglers.

Great to see Ben Curry back. Perfect timing to make the summer 'tour'?

I met Jean Luc in the Maldives. Nice guy.

I really wanted to chat to him about all things rugby but I left him to it since he was chilling on the beach in his budgie smugglers.

Great to see Ben Curry back. Perfect timing to make the summer 'tour'?
Got to be...

Really not confident seeing those teams sheets.
Bath are struggling up front, and we've got our 3rd choice front row out...

Bath are such a bogey side for us these days,
Just tear us up with ease
Really not confident seeing those teams sheets.
Bath are struggling up front, and we've got our 3rd choice front row out...
While this is true, Oosthuizen couldn't scrummage his way out of a wet paper bag, and Rodd and Harper are both only just 20

Great response, but I thought there was a knock on in there by Sale. No replay though...

Latest posts