• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 20/21 - Rd 3

I'd expect the Chiefs steamroller to keep running with an away win against Tigers and Bristol to extend Saints' losing run.

The others are hard to call. I'd ordinarily expect Wasps, Bath and Sale to beat Falcons, Warriors and Irish, but right now, they're all in indifferent form which makes it harder to judge.

Gloucester vs. Quins could be a cracker. We've won our last 3 at Kingsholm and will want to back up the result against Saints with another good performance on the road. On the other hand, I'm sure they'll have seen that we can't defend a maul to save our lives and will give them plenty of opportunities to kick to the corner.

Irish in better form than we are, and at home - I'd tip them atm.

Our pack is gonna be a bit of a mess - especially the backrow.
Gonna be something like
Postlethwaite, Philips
Wiese, du Preez, Ross

Two academy backrowers on the bench - Wiese/JL covering lock from the pitch

Perfect kick/chase/try for Saints - looked even better on the replays

I like the fact Pierce is trying to speed the game up, especially the scrum resets. It's clear every single forward is ignoring that though and taking their time wafting around. The ref is pretty powerless to compel them to speed up if they choose to just ignore him telling them to.

Mitchell has looked excellent off the bench - his form dipped pretty massively the tail end of last season.

Entertaining game this

Stupid Painter.

edit: absolute crap from Saints in the last 10mins. Championship next season.

Mitchell has looked excellent off the bench - his form dipped pretty massively the tail end of last season.

Entertaining game this
His kicking in the last few mins was awful.

Along with Fish, useless hooker.
They're saying positives, there are none. We threw away a 2 score lead

I can understand the frustration with a last minute defeat, but that's the best Saints have played in quite some time. Yes, Bristol were unusually poor, but Saints played some decent rugby and defended better than they have in recent times. Surely there's some positives there?

Prior to the game, I would have predicted a comfortable 12-15pt margin for Bristol.

Newcastle continuing to impress
Umaga having a stinker, it's not like he's making the wrong decisions his execution is just awful - dropping off tackles, dropping passes etc
Gopperth keeping Wasps in it, despite the missed kicks at goal

Edit:

Sopoaga is having a mare, as well - what happened to him? From (supposedly) the next big thing for the ABs to 2nd/3rd choice 15 at Wasps and throwing intercept tries against Newcastle of a cold December afternoon

Last edited:
I didn't watch the Wasps vs. Newcastle, but safe to say this is a brilliant start for Newcastle. They've now beaten 3 of last season's top 5, two of them away from home which is unbelievable.

After 9mths with no rugby I thought that they'd be awful. I'm glad to see they're not.

Chiefs beat Tigers...shocker. but fair play Tigers went in at half time ahead, the relegation battle could be decent this season tbh.

Wow, I've just seen the butchered try from the Tigers game - what in the **** was their 10 thinking?!
Wigglesworth does not look happy afterwards

TMO interjecting in the Quins/Gloucester game to point out Simpson's diving, lol

Not sure about that red - couldn't see from those angles if it was deliberate

Latest posts