• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 20/21 - Rd 4

Tbh the worst thing was Yarde checking he was okay. Players really need to ignore that instinct and leave players alone. Potential neck/spine damage considering how he went into the ground.

They said they have footage showing what happened but aren't showing it because it's bad, that's not something you ever want to hear...

They said they have footage showing what happened but aren't showing it because it's bad, that's not something you ever want to hear...
Also said its not foul play so just a rugby incident. But still i would be interested to see what acctually happened...after we know he is ok. I get why they dont want to show though.

Really hope he is ok and makes a full recovery but damn that was a chance lost.

Yeah, I can only think he has broken his neck. Definitely seems very serious from the way his body immediately went limp.

Also said its not foul play so just a rugby incident. But still i would be interested to see what acctually happened...
Looked like he checked his step as he went to regather, meaning Yarde ran into the back of him
He went down, Yarde tripped over him and landed elbow/forearm to the head/neck area

It didn't look like deliberate foul play. Just a very unfortunate collision on landing.

Yeah, I can only think he has broken his neck. Definitely seems very serious from the way his body immediately went limp.
really hope thats not the case. Was not good though

LBP was what I expected pre-game, but probably more than we deserve after that 2nd half

close game but seems to have just about gone right way, second half a lot more exciting than the first

close game but seems to have just about gone right way, second half a lot more exciting than the first
Agreed, not sure who watched the post match interview but Lee Blackett said Zac was talking and seems to be a case of knocking himself clean out rather than anything too extreme.

Thank goodness for that. I really did fear the worst for him.

Zac was on Robson's instagram looking fairly happy and walking around the changing room, so all good and will most likely follow HIA procedure (higher end i imagine). Alfie sounds like could be a while sadly which is a shame. Interestingly enough Blackett confessed that we gave the squad 7 days off and only had 1 training session prior to the game.

Seems less training may have benefited the squad.

Zac was on Robson's instagram looking fairly happy and walking around the changing room, so all good and will most likely follow HIA procedure (higher end i imagine). Alfie sounds like could be a while sadly which is a shame. Interestingly enough Blackett confessed that we gave the squad 7 days off and only had 1 training session prior to the game.

I just read exactly the same thing funny enough, I am finding his honesty refreshing, he said if we didn't win he probably wouldn't have admitted he gambled by giving them the time off, not to say Dai or anyone else are dishonest but would mostly not mention things like that at all.

That's good man management in my book.

You can't do that all the time, but in 7 days players aren't going to forget how to play rugby or lose any fitness. Most important is what happens between the ears - after bit of a break players will actively be looking forward to the match. Irrespective of how well paid they are the appetite has to be dulled a bit by endless meetings and reviews and same again drills. We also had France in the Autumn Nations final who did pretty well for a scratch team. From time to time less is definitely more.

Loved the breaks and well timed passes from Rapava-Ruskin and Slater for Venner's tries for Glous. There are backs playing internationally who would have butchered those.

@Jimbo & @Old Hooker - you are both right and i think we this shows the benefit of less contact/training in general. They will still keep up their fitness and eat responsibly but will be enthused by the reward of having more time with family and loved ones (to an extent! - thanks COVID).

Particularly interesting in that second half, our energy seemed higher and we really started to break through the collision zones (apart from when Curry was involved).

Glaws just remind me of a Tottenham in footballing terms - cracking players in certain positions but just don't seem to have recruited well/trusted their academy in certain positions to get to that next level.

Latest posts