• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 20/21 - Rd 5

yes not great and no real repercussion to it, pile up looked nasty.

that's the difference between Ross/Du Preez's and the Curry twins .... Ben & Tom have controlled anger. You always worry Ross and Du Preez's will flair up and get carded.

No idea how we won that.
As a neutral; cheating and favourable officiating. Gloucester got done well dirty there.

Dismiss the cheating water carrier, definitely.

Yellow card 36 for the ball recovery into shove? Harsh but if you must, fine.

Penalty to Sale, BUT...

Curry comes flying over escalating the whole incident? Yellow card and penalty reversed so we end up with penalty to Gloucester and about 30 seconds to go on clock?

That's without getting into the shoulder to head incident or Yarde flying in from god knows where escalating again and allegedly headbutting someone, which should be a red/ban!

With all that said however I really enjoyed the game and aside from those bits I just mentioned the officiating was far better than the other matches and it was really good to watch. Edgy, hard, quick and some good rugby in poor conditions. Could have gone either way.

Return fixture should be spicy.

allegedly headbutting
You seen the clip?
Slowest headbutt in the world - and their heads never even met.
He literally just moved his head

PRL set their case on waterboy intervention last week when the Wasps one took out Akker and nothing came of it
Our guy got dismissed, that's fair enough - maybe 36 should keep his emotions in check. He caused the brawl, you don't lay hands on support staff.
favourable officiating
Scrubbing off our try is enough to show that's nonsense.
He was shocking towards both sides.
Red card of DDP was a terrible miss, but so is not giving a clear try.

You seen the clip?
Slowest headbutt in the world - and their heads never even met.
He literally just moved his head
No I haven't seen the headbutt I'm just going by what commentary said which was along the lines of, "very ugly, probably more will come of this, headbutt". I'll take your word for it though.

I did see plenty of the review and 36 hasn't really done a lot wrong there, it's rugby. But letter of the law if you want to penalise/stamp it out, fine. Using that yardstick Curry should have been walked too though and penalty to Glaws.

I did see plenty of the review and 36 hasn't really done a lot wrong there
Apart from shoving a non playing staff member over?
I'm not saying what the waterboy did was right - realistically should be a penalty to Gloucester (if they can penalise a team for non playing staffs actions?) but 36 just lashed out because he was frustrated and losing.
He was never taking that lineout quickly (/he couldn't have anyway because curry and Morozov were lining up).

Whatever the reasoning, a player running in escalating is always a penalty reversal.

Curry lost his head and got away with it.

Curry lost his head and got away with it.
Akker could've lost his head too :p

Saw it live and thought it looked very dodgy but it's a clear red on replay - no at much force as DDP's but a clear, off his feet, shoulder straight to the noggin.

As I said: Dickson was shite to both sides.

That was a great game for the neutral, full of general shithousary, whilst decisions did lean in Sales favour in the final minutes you really can't blame the officiating and the odd descision going against your for a loss, I recall a few seasons ago Rob Baxter saying as much post loss, makes me wonder if him refusing to blame officials and look to improve the controllables sets a certain player attitude leading to their successes.

Latest posts