• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 20/21 - Rd 6

Wasps going the full Eddie with Gaskell in the back row again.

Interesting to see what Willis does at 8 against Mercer. Barf have got Faletau at 6 and Underhill.

It's his best position, tbh
Played more backrow for Sale than lock, he started out as an 8
Yes, he does well there tbf. I think the thing we are seeing with Wasps atm is with J/T Willis both having suffered a few knocks recently, Youngs having played a lot of rugby and Shields only just back from injury, i think we are seeing Blackett use the option of Gaskell in the back row to rotate well but also to combat the physicality of Exeter, Sale and now Bath. Also offers a huge advantage in lineouts/mauls which benefits us too.

ErM73eIXUAIyAM-

Probably the strongest Bristol team of the season so far yet still no actual inside center in the 23 due to injuries and wonder how rusty returning players are.

Exeter side looks much more settled and stronger by comparison.

It's his best position, tbh
Played more backrow for Sale than lock, he started out as an 8
If I knew that I'd forgotten it!

Will be a good back row battle. Shame we're not going to be seeing Barbeary in the thick of it.

Looking forward to this game-could be a goodie.
Time for Bath to show what they're made of.
Watson on wing ? Are Roko and Cockanasinga injured ?

Bath off to a great start again, which means we will probably **** the bed and throw it away later.

Kay makes a good point. Teams should learn to play fairly as the penalty try still results in a try and they get a yellow. There is enough cynical play in the red zone, so I'm happy with the yellow and a try.

Nice response. Part of me did feel it was gonna be chalked off as it was Underhill. Almost destined to never score.

Kay makes a good point. Teams should learn to play fairly as the penalty try still results in a try and they get a yellow. There is enough cynical play in the red zone, so I'm happy with the yellow and a try.
Yep ,just giving the penalty try is no penalty at all.

Ffs conceding a scrum penalty when it was only ever a scrum due to the opposition player being on the deck preventing further play some how seems unfair to me.

Wasps took out 3 of our defenders there, how the hell can that stand!?

I thought you can't tackle if you're on the floor? Surely Gopperth stops a try there, so should be penalty try.

Bath going into headless chicken mode.

Redpath looking very improved this year.

Last edited:
I think Bath can feel very hard done by. Poor decision by the officials could well have cost them this. They should have had a penalty try and Gopperth yellow carded with 15 minutes to go.

Also definitely cost them at least the 4 try BP.

Blimey Wasps made that hard work, missing two kicks really let bath back in it, thought MC was very harsh on Willis especially in the first half, disagree with a fair few of the breakdown pens Wasps conceded, on another note the place kicking was superb all round.

Yep. MC looked like he was reffing a game in 2021 under 2019 interpretations at this times.

Fun game to watch for a neutral and Odogwu seems to have hit a rich vein of form. He was very good with and without the ball this evening.

Latest posts