• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 20/21 - Rd 6

Difference was, Wasps always looked confident that they would get back into it. Due to Bath having lost a few recently and not played loads of games, didn't feel like they had the confidence that they would get back into it and push on for the win.

We didn't get any injuries, and that's about it for the positives of last night

Oli Morris looks quality for Worcester, between him and Lawrence they're very well set in the centres - though if he keeps playing like that it won't be long before Ireland come sniffing

Did Ashtons last defender also wave him through ?
Almost identically - Drew Mitchell/Johnny May in field, Ashton/Radwan cut inside/ run round around them and then the defenders do a dive that doesn't do anything

TV director works with both BT Sport and the TMO. Even if they can't hear (wouldn't be surprised if they could BTW), the TV director knows what the commentary are discussing/works with them and is with the TMO. Since lockdown it seems like it's increasing for whatever reason, it's more noticeable anyway.

There was even an article I read from French perspective where the TV director attempts to influence officials to be pro-France/favoured teams... the justification was all national TV directors are biased so they're just evening things up.

Ive always wondered if the TMO listen to the commentators as they do seem to follow what they say so often.. Always annoyed me, the possible influence.

TV director works with both BT Sport and the TMO. Even if they can't hear (wouldn't be surprised if they could BTW), the TV director knows what the commentary are discussing/works with them and is with the TMO.

There was even an article I read from French perspective where the TV director attempts to influence officials to be pro-France/favoured teams... the justification was all national TV directors are biased so they're just evening things up.
I have found the French TV directors are the worst for bias. They repeat other sides faults over and over and sometimes don't even show things their side got away with.

Fairly certain that the TMO cannot hear commentary - at least in the premiership - they also have control over the angles etc. these days, that's why they have their own truck at every game now.

French game is different, though

Break in play let me do a quick bit of Google...

Also

Last edited:
See that's where there needs to be more consistency with refs. It's a deliberate knock on in the 22 when there is a good attacking opportunity. That should be yellow.

That tackle was a monster.

Who was the falcons player who led with shoulder off feet into ruck a few phases before, 10 or 12? Wondering if it was retribution for that.

See that's where there needs to be more consistency with refs. It's a deliberate knock on in the 22 when there is a good attacking opportunity. That should be yellow.
Yeah I have no idea how they've not carded that,
I thought they were looking at whether it was a penalty try (definitely wasn't) not whether it was a yellow card

Coincidentally BT have just broadcast that Austin Healy gave the TMO "a bit of gip" as he went to get a half time drink over the lack of yellow.

I'll say it again, the influence of pundits on live matches needs to stop immediately.

It's gone from very exciting to a bit sloppy and scrappy.

Latest posts