• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 20/21 - Rd 6

I mean if Banahan can do it...

Back to game, seems ridiculous that the Irish try was disallowed though player never lost control of ball yet Quins stood without being checked when player did lose control.

Fair result.

LI will feel the better of the two? Need to sort their set piece, line outs were especially... interesting. Perhaps due to lack of preparation time in fairness.

Bath 44 - 52 Wasps
Sale 20 - 13 Wuss
Falcons 22 - 10 Glaws
Chiefs 7 - 20 Briz
Saints 0 - 0 Tigers
Quins 27 - 27 Irish

You know what... i will take that ..... Wasps, Sale, Falcons predicted wins and Sale/Wasps within a few points.

Overall, Wasps surprised me, as i said on here, Bath looked nervous when they went behind and spurned good chances, plus both teams defence was pretty shocking.

Sale got their win, thought they would and Wuss pushed them, shame no one watched it as all watching the bloodbath b/n Wasps and Bath.

Falcons, got the win like i thought but in much more style than expected. Glaws had a few bits of bad luck but struggled at times. Skivington has got a little bit of work to do to work out whats wrong there.

Briz - fair play, manned up and fronted up against Exeter. Exeter have looked sloppy for a few weeks and the number of penalties they have been giving away is insane.

the Draw - didn't watch it but heard both teams were a no show on the day? ;)

Quins/Irish Draw - feels the most appropriate result for that game - that Irish team feels a bit of a sleeping giant atm. class stars like Kepu, Creevy, O'Brien, Naholo, Simmons, Phipps, Jackson, Mafi, Coleman, and some of that young talent they have.. potent.

Watching the preview I can't help but wonder if Dombrandt is playing the "wrong" position and should switch to 12?

Think he could be a sensation there given his size coupled with handling and the running lines he cuts...not to mention that backrow experience coming in very handy for turnovers in midfield.
Maybe, but while he wears 8 I'd much prefer to see him in the thick of action than spending half his time in the backs. I guess that's part of the game plan but it feels like a bit of waste.

He's also less of a Uni rig now. In the last couple of games I've seen he's done OK but hasn't massively stood out. Wonder if his USP has been sacrificed at the altar of work rate. Doesn't really seem like captaincy material either.

And whoever's nicked Will Stuart's mullet can they please return it to him?

Looking at the table gives an interesting picture.

Falcons are good at winning, but have no bonus points, which is reflected in their +19PD
Exeter and Bristol good in both attack and defence which is why they've got the best PD by far.
Wasps scoring lots, but conceding lots too with best attack, but 3rd worst defence.
On the flip side Irish have the best defence bar far, but the worst attack by far. Less points scored and conceded than Wasps, Chiefs and Bristol have scored individually.
Gloucester and Bath actually have very similar points differences, but Bath have got more points for theirs.
Worcester really look to have benefited from their cancellation or I think they would easily be bottom.
Saints, Quins and Tigers all representing that middle of the park quite well.

Maybe, but while he wears 8 I'd much prefer to see him in the thick of action than spending half his time in the backs. I guess that's part of the game plan but it feels like a bit of waste.

He's also less of a Uni rig now. In the last couple of games I've seen he's done OK but hasn't massively stood out. Wonder if his USP has been sacrificed at the altar of work rate. Doesn't really seem like captaincy material either.

And whoever's nicked Will Stuart's mullet can they please return it to him?
Surely we could have Doms at 12 and Alfie at 13??

Monye shouting out about Odogwu this morning and putting him as an outside chance for 6 nations @13. Interesting point, with Manu out and Lawrence the only real big ball carrying centre that he likes and Odogwu offers that too.

Ah, I dunno
When we're playing JJ on the wing I don't think we need anymore 13s in the squad

Latest posts