• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 20/21 - Semi-Finals

19.06.21_ExeterChiefs_SEMI-FINAL_TeamNews_16-9-1.jpg

Expected a couple more changes (bench props starting, starting on the bench), to be honest, but happy with that.
Guessing Beautmont is crocked
Surprised they've put Wilkinson on the bench, I would've thought they'd either go 6-2, or have Yarde or Doherty in there, with SJ covering 10 from the pitch

Dropping Hogg is a big call!

EXETER CHIEFS SIDE TO FACE SALE SHARKS

15 Jack Nowell
14 Alex Cuthbert
13 Henry Slade
12 Ollie Devoto
|11 Tom O'Flaherty
10 Joe Simmonds (capt)
9 Jack Maunder
1 Alec Hepburn
2 Luke Cowan-Dickie
3 Harry Williams
4 Jonny Gray
5 Jonny Hill
6 Jannes Kirsten
7 Richard Capstick
8 Sam Simmonds

16 Jack Yeandle
17 Ben Moon
18 Marcus Street
19 Sean Lonsdale
20 Don Armand
21 Stu Townsend
22 Harvey Skinner
23 Stuart Hogg

Isn't it just?

And replacing him with someone who barely plays there, and has barely played at all recently. Especially in what might not be great weather.

Nowell's a good player, but it's a big ask. Sharks must think that's a bit of an opportunity.

19.06.21_ExeterChiefs_SEMI-FINAL_TeamNews_16-9-1.jpg

Expected a couple more changes (bench props starting, starting on the bench), to be honest, but happy with that.
Guessing Beautmont is crocked
Surprised they've put Wilkinson on the bench, I would've thought they'd either go 6-2, or have Yarde or Doherty in there, with SJ covering 10 from the pitch

EXETER CHIEFS SIDE TO FACE SALE SHARKS

15 Jack Nowell
14 Alex Cuthbert
13 Henry Slade
12 Ollie Devoto
|11 Tom O'Flaherty
10 Joe Simmonds (capt)
9 Jack Maunder
1 Alec Hepburn
2 Luke Cowan-Dickie
3 Harry Williams
4 Jonny Gray
5 Jonny Hill
6 Jannes Kirsten
7 Richard Capstick
8 Sam Simmonds

16 Jack Yeandle
17 Ben Moon
18 Marcus Street
19 Sean Lonsdale
20 Don Armand
21 Stu Townsend
22 Harvey Skinner
23 Stuart Hogg
Hogg to the bench is huge especially seen as Cuthbert is still there! My guess is to get minutes into Nowell and if he is going well he will move to wing and play the 80 if he is rusty and out of practose he can be took off early for a big replacement, plus bringing on hogg and Townsend together will add alot of tempo.

But a gamble for sure. Though im just glad Nowell is back we missed him.

Faf gonna slap Simmonds through the face inside first 10 minutes....teach him some manners......

Quins seem to be too up for this. Need to calm down a bit. Bristol looking very clinical.

Harlequins started too eager and gave too many easy penalties and chances that settled Bristol. Now Bristol are comfortable and Quins giving away more easy penalties chasing the game. Unfortunately Quins have let the occasion get to them.

Quins just need to concentrate Bristol's attack to the left hand side of the pitch,
At least that way Sheedy will slice the conversion and the score will look a bit better

Might be the best opening 28 minutes I've seen the Bears play.

Don't think many sides could live with it legally.

Latest posts