• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 2018/19 Round 5

If your brave enough.
Sarries Exeter head and shoulders above rest.
Wasps will be in top 4.
Anyone else could be top 4/6 or relegated.
For me Newcastle or Sale down for no good reason other than they or no one else thinks they will.
So I will eat humble pie when Bris or Warrior's drop,but think I may bask in glory.
Time will tell.

I think Bristol will be ok, I hope they will anyway because 25k stadiums are good for the Prem. It's going to be really tight this year isn't it, Warriors if I have to pick but it could be one of five teams.

I thought Bristol would struggle but they've impressed me with their adventure and the results so far have already given them a decent cushion.

I don't know if they can keep it up all season, but they'll lose very few players during the test windows and with Piutau to come back, I think they'll stay up.

Delighted with Quins win today. More proof that this league is very hard to predict!

Macginty out,
James to 10, James Jr to 13

No kicker in the 23, no reserve 10 in the 23
c4jt321_d.jpg

Thank the lord Tigers where up against a team with less form than us.

Also praise the small Sale squad which meant no kicker.

What a cripple fight

You can definitely tell Maxwell-Keys grew up supporting tigers :p

Thank the lord Tigers where up against a team with less form than us.

Also praise the small Sale squad which meant no kicker.

Indeed that game was the worst game of the season thus far, Fords boot was excellent to be fair, wouldn't bet on Tigers going down at this rate hopefully they find some form the prem wouldn't be the same without them.

Yeah, I'm surprised at people even entertaining the idea.
Happens every season when a big side loses a couple of games "OH GOD MAYBE THEY'RE FOR THE DROP"
Tigers misfiring massively but still joint 4th

Happens every season when a big side loses a couple of games "OH GOD MAYBE THEY'RE FOR THE DROP"

We do need to shift some of the poop in the playing squad though.
Kitchener hasn't been the same since his illness he had, lost all his speed and physicality.
Need to invest in better back up hookers. (When Tom Youngs has the best throwing % on the pitch something isn't right).

Really we need to be really in my mind 10 or so players and bringing in a TH, LH, Hooker, Lock, 8, Centre, Full Back.

Murphy needs to be ruthless now in terms of which players he wants.

From a Tigers POV we where missing
Genge, Polota-Nau, Cortes, Spencer, Fitzgerald, O'Connor, Evans, Harrison, Toomua, Tait, Tuilagi, Veainu.

Last edited:

Fair point BUT can u remember such strong competition in the premiership, historically you could see a couple of teams propping up the bottom but it seems to be getting tighter and tighter, I thing Dalaglio said it best a couple of weeks ago you have Execter, Sarries in their own league then Wasps best of the rest, with those sides aside anyone can beat anyone, Tigers probably do have too much fire power and class to go Down but survival of bigger teams is no longer as assured as it once was in my oppinion.

We do need to shift some of the poop in the playing squad though.
Kitchener hasn't been the same since his illness he had, lost all his speed and physicality.
Need to invest in better back up hookers. (When Tom Youngs has the best throwing % on the pitch something isn't right).

Really we need to be really in my mind 10 or so players and bringing in a TH, LH, Hooker, Lock, 8, Centre, Full Back.

Murphy needs to be ruthless now in terms of which players he wants.

From a Tigers POV we where missing
Genge, Polota-Nau, Cortes, Spencer, Fitzgerald, O'Connor, Evans, Harrison, Toomua, Tait, Tuilagi, Veainu.

Any idea Why Thacker left?

You're being very charitable Olyy,
Big side ? based on what-history ?They havent looked worthy of that accolade for quite a while.
The table has them in 7th by dint of them having the worst defensive record in the league despite playing all the
bottom 3 at home . I dont think they'll finish bottom but the way the expected relegation candidates (even Sale in parts) are performing i dont think its as far-fetched as you think. It looks like it could be a real dog fight at the bottom.

Tigers haven't been genuine ***le challengers for a while. Their last period of top 4 places were earned by the skin of their teeth quite often they win close games and lose badly. Not always, but it has been a growing trend. This year they have already conceded 5 more tries than the nearest other clubs and are shipping on average 34.6 points a game. It's worrying because their 2 wins have come against the bottom 2 clubs and they lost to 3rd from bottom. Even today 1 try to Sale's 3. If they had had a decent kicker who could have converted the tries then the points would have gone the other way.
Unless Tigers sort their defence quickly then it won't matter how good in attack they are and I can honestly see them finishing outside the top 6.

Too small to be a starter, Bristol offered him more game time and more money.

Fair enough he just seems to be a bundle of energy, I haven't seen his meters made stats but wouldn't surprise me if they are pretty high.

Based upon Tigers' and Saints' recent results the derby game could be a try-fest this weekend.

Two good attacks and two porous defences should make it a good one for th neutrals.

Based upon Tigers' and Saints' recent results the derby game could be a try-fest this weekend.

Two good attacks and two porous defences should make it a good one for th neutrals.

Is try fest necessarily good? With those 2 I'd almost prefer a tight, nasty, slug fest.

I am wondering what all the defence coaches were up to over the summer. There's a touch of the Kevin Keegan "we'll score more than you" about it all.

You're being very charitable Olyy,
Big side ? based on what-history ?They havent looked worthy of that accolade for quite a while.
The table has them in 7th by dint of them having the worst defensive record in the league despite playing all the
bottom 3 at home . I dont think they'll finish bottom but the way the expected relegation candidates (even Sale in parts) are performing i dont think its as far-fetched as you think. It looks like it could be a real dog fight at the bottom.

You can be a big club/side and still sh*t.

Latest posts